English accent

But you live in the uk
I'm sure Americans would say that and every nationality
Thank you for the input and have a good day at work

Look, I appreciate that my response wasn't what you were looking for. Fraid I just like the discussion.

FWIW I tend to like most accents that aren't my own. Scouse and Brummy can get on my wick a little if they're overly strong.
In terms of intonation I like a deeper male voice - anything more feminine than mine is a little disturbing. However, rather predictably, if i'm attracted to the man then i'm attracted to the accent. That's just how the world works for me.

I live in London, and I've got a proper strong "corr blimey" Sarf London accent, and even living here if I meet someone I can tell if they're North, South, East or West just by listening to them talk!

South is the best though, obvs:cool:

A southerner!
Booooo Hisssssssss. (etc.) ;)

I was pleased by your reply
This is about different opinions
I agree with you personality is the most important part voice enhances

Absolutely

In high school, one of my closet girlfriends, unfortunately not in that way, was English and above and beyond her physical physical beauty, and she was gorgeous along with slut tendencies, to hear her speak provided me with unending erections throughout high school. Any time she said aluminium it sent shivers down my spine.

In high school, one of my closet girlfriends, unfortunately not in that way, was English and above and beyond her physical physical beauty, and she was gorgeous along with slut tendencies, to hear her speak provided me with unending erections throughout high school. Any time she said aluminium it sent shivers down my spine.

Because she said it the correct way.

;)

Because she said it the correct way.

;)
*writes down a note to ask him to say aluminum* ... One thing that I like about British English in general is that linguistically, many dialects speak in a non-rhotic manner. Meaning that they don't pronounce the letter "r" for the most part. So the word girl loses the "r" and sounds totally different. Other accents of English do this as well. Even in the US, different regions speak with a non-rhotic dialect (some southern accents come to mind).

I think that's one aspect of the appeal for me, and I not only have an American accent, but it's the most generalized, boring type. I have an American Midwest accent. Not even interesting like Minnesota or Wisconsin.... I have the accent that they train newscasters to adopt....So most people on the news and what not sound similar to myself when I hear them.

Last edited:
*writes down a note to ask him to say aluminum* ... One thing that I like about British English in general is that linguistically, many dialects speak in a non-rhotic manner. Meaning that they don't pronounce the letter "r" for the most part. So the word girl loses the "r" and sounds totally different. Other accents of English do this as well. Even in the US, different regions speak with a non-rhotic dialect (some southern accents come to mind).

I think that's one aspect of the appeal for me, and I not only have an American accent, but it's the most generalized, boring type. I have an American Midwest accent. Not even interesting like Minnesota or Wisconsin.... I have the accent that they train newscasters to adopt.... Northern Ohio (or Cleveland accent). Soo most people on the news and what not sound similar to myself when I hear them.

Ha! Any time ;)

I have to be honest and plead a little bit of ignorance to american accents if I'm honest - it tends to be Northern American accents are the kind you hear in films, and there's Southern accents which are like Rednecks. Beyond that, I ain't got a Scooby!

You're right about dropping our R's too - although people with my accent also drop our t's and sometimes things like P's and k's too - can confuse the hell out of people sometimes :D

Ha! Any time ;)

I have to be honest and plead a little bit of ignorance to american accents if I'm honest - it tends to be Northern American accents are the kind you hear in films, and there's Southern accents which are like Rednecks. Beyond that, I ain't got a Scooby!

You're right about dropping our R's too - although people with my accent also drop our t's and sometimes things like P's and k's too - can confuse the hell out of people sometimes :D

Yes, I have heard the letter "t" get jumbled up as well. There's a term for it, but I forget what it was!

Hmm, American accents vary quite a bit. And I am certainly not an expert. Even in Ohio, there are at least 3 different ones that come to mind. As I have said, I have a Northern Ohio accent, (officially called the Inland North Dialect). If you go farther south into, say the Columbus area the way they say words, particularly words with the "A" sound, sounds softer than how I pronounce the word. So we say "glasses" completely different. Then once you get even farther south, you start to pick up the Appalachian inflections, where more of a southern twang comes about.

I am unsure where my sudden interest in linguistics has come from..*shrugs* but its interesting as hell! *kisses*

Last edited:
Yes, I have heard the letter "t" get jumbled up as well. There's a term for it, but I forget what it was!

Hmm, American accents vary quite a bit. And I am certainly not an expert. Even in Ohio, there are at least 3 different ones that come to mind. As I have said, I have a Northern Ohio accent, and it is generally used in news broadcasting scenarios...seems odd to me, but whatever. If you go farther south into, say the Columbus area the way they say words, particularly words with the "A" sound, sounds softer than how I pronounce the word. So we say "glasses" completely different. Then once you get even farther south, you start to pick up the Appalachian inflections, where more of a southern twang comes about.

I am unsure where my sudden interest in linguistics has come from..*shrugs* but its interesting as hell! *kisses*

Grew up in southwestern Ohio, so recognize that southern twang, and the fact that I now live in North Carolina just enhances it. Specific words, like seeing a 'skift of snow', means flurries elsewhere... a very southern Ohio expression. And culture... Sweet tea (not SWEETENED tea) is available in the south and southern Ohio, but not north of Columbus. Most noticeable is the common use of 'Hey' in place of 'hi' to say hello when you meet someone. Y'all is just a no-brainer southern thing...

Last edited:
Grew up in southwestern Ohio, so recognize that southern twang, and the fact that I now live in North Carolina just enhances it. Specific words, like seeing a 'skift of snow', means flurries elsewhere... a very southern Ohio expression. And culture... Sweet tea (not SWEETENED tea) is available in the south and southern Ohio, but not north of Columbus. Most noticeable is the common use of 'Hey' in place of 'hi' to say hello when you meet someone. Y'all is just a no-brainer southern thing...
I grew up in northern ohio, then moved to central Ohio in my 20's. I lived there for 10 years, and not a week went by that some one didn't give me the side-eye when I was talking, and tell me "You're not from here." At that was only an hour and a half south of where I grew up!

Ohh, I am getting an idea for an accent example thread....*walks off, thinking, and muttering to herself...*

I grew up in northern ohio, then moved to central Ohio in my 20's. I lived there for 10 years, and not a week went by that some one didn't give me the side-eye when I was talking, and tell me "You're not from here." At that was only an hour and a half south of where I grew up!

Ohh, I am getting an idea for an accent example thread....*walks off, thinking, and muttering to herself...*

EVERYBODY in Ohio looks at that fast as hell speech of the Northern Ohioan ... just slow down and take a breath, we say! No special prizes for putting 15 words in a space designed for four!!!

Gert lush!!

Just poppin' down Asdal to boi zum Zidder.....

No, not all Bristolians talk like that..... Or do we?

Hmm, American accents vary quite a bit. And I am certainly not an expert. Even in Ohio, there are at least 3 different ones that come to mind. As I have said, I have a Northern Ohio accent, and it is generally used in news broadcasting scenarios...seems odd to me, but whatever. If you go farther south into, say the Columbus area the way they say words, particularly words with the "A" sound, sounds softer than how I pronounce the word. So we say "glasses" completely different. Then once you get even farther south, you start to pick up the Appalachian inflections, where more of a southern twang comes about.

Ive never heard a word for it to be honest! Londoners tend to turn our "u's" into "a's" as well, so "fuck off" becomes "faaaaaack off" etc - basically as far from eloquent as one can get ;)

So you have like the stereotypical accent, I assume? Quite hot on a bird - sorry, lady ;) - if I'm honest!

Back