You walk into the bar...

EllAyyBee

Really Experienced
Joined
Aug 12, 2016
Posts
208
You look around and see the usual crowd, but you notice someone new sitting by herself toward the back. You take a seat, order a drink, and look at her again.

The stem of a wine glass is entwined tightly in her fingers. The glass holds a white wine and she's sipping at it nervously, and a little faster than wine is meant to be consumed. In between sips, she glances around the bar. Her eyes dart from person to person. What is she looking for?

She stands out among the usual bargoers. Not because she's a raving beauty or anything, but because she's different and it's obvious to anyone who gives her more than a passing glance that there's much more to her story. She's dressed casually in leggings and a loose fitting tank top. Her light auburn hair is braided to the side of her sweetly freckled face. Her eyes appear bright blue behind her tortoise-shell glasses. She wears dainty earrings and a silver pendant, but no other noticeable jewelry.

You watch as she orders another glass of wine. She rests her face on her hand while she waits. You're captivated by her. Why is she alone? You're having a hard time hiding your inquisitive stare and before you are able to look away, her eyes find yours. You're busted and she blushes crimson through her cheeks. She glances away to hide her embarrassment, but brings her eyes to meet yours again. Then she smiles.

You realize the ball is now in your court. Her drink arrives and breaks the heat of the exchange momentarily as you contemplate your next move...
 
Strange

It is strange. Auburn hair is my weakness. An instant lust maker, however, as I chance to look into your eyes, lust is the last thing on my mind. You seem troubled, nervous almost. Are you waiting for someone? A specific someone? Or hoping for a man to come to you.

Before I know it my own heart starts to race. I'm almost replicating your nervous state even though I feel fine. My mouth goes dry, your eyes are captivating. I take a sip of my drink and slowly walk to you.

It feels like I'm walking through mud, getting thicker as I get closer. Normally one for the perfect chat up line I find myself strangely lost for words. You look so pretty, your freckles making my heart smile a little as I stand by your table. I don't want to seem like another guy looking for a quickie.

"Are you ok?" It's all I can ask, desperately worried for you already. Now I'm closer to you I already want to protect you. Make you smile.

"I'm Josh." I smile and offer my hand to you...
 
The look makes you go to her. "What is on your mind lady?" You wait to see if she answers me. As I wait I look deep into her eyes as I smile. "You looked lost in thought."
 
Hope I don't fall...

Well I hope that I don't fall in love with you
'Cause falling in love just makes me blue,
Well the music plays and you display
Your heart for me to see,
I had a beer and now I hear you
Calling out for me
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.

Well the room is crowded, people everywhere
And I wonder, should I offer you a chair?
Well if you sit down with this old clown,
Take that frown and break it,
Before the evening's gone away,
I think that we could make it,
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.

Well the night does funny things inside a man
These old tom-cat feelings you don't understand,
Well I turn around to look at you,
You light a cigarette,
I wish I had the guts to bum one,
But we've never met,
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.

I can see that you are lonesome just like me,
And it being late, you'd like some some company,
Well I turn around to look at you,
And you look back at me,
The guy you're with has up and split,
The chair next to you's free,
And I hope that you don't fall in love with me.

Now it's closing time, the music's fading out
Last call for drinks, I'll have another stout.
Well I turn around to look at you,
You're nowhere to be found,
I search the place for your lost face,
Guess I'll have another round
And I think that I just fell in love with you.
 
Back
Top