What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CHA, Big Pharma, the AMA and the AFL-CIO are all disappointed in Obamacare?

Big f——-g deal.
 
JAMES TARANTO: About That Other Debacle: For ObamaCare, it’s only the end of the beginning.



If you’re the kind of driver who can’t help but gawk at the wreckage when you pass an accident–and honestly, who isn’t?–you’ll enjoy today’s lengthy account in The Wall Street Journal of the runup to last week’s Putin-Assad triumph.

Right off the bat we learn, which is to say our suspicion is confirmed, that this was a case of a willful president with atrocious political instincts. When Obama consulted his cabinet and top staffers about the idea of seeking congressional approval for a strike in Syria, “senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer pegged the chances of Congress balking at 40%. . . . Mr. Obama took the gamble anyway and set aside the impending strikes to try to build domestic and international support for such action.”

In retrospect, it seems clear that while Pfeiffer was on the right track in warning that Congress might scuttle the plan, he underestimated the probability of that outcome. . . .

Which brings us to the Affordable Care Act. Three and a half years after the springtime enactment of what was touted as Obama’s signature legislative achievement, it’s autumn for ObamaCare, with many of the law’s provisions taking effect Oct. 1, two weeks from tomorrow.

ObamaCare was another case in which the president asked Congress to act. That time, lawmakers granted his request, although for a time the odds seemed very much against their doing so. Unlike in 2013, in 2009-10 Republicans did not control the House. Unlike the idea of military intervention in Syria, ObamaCare did not go against the Democrats’ ideological grain.

But like the prospective Syria strike, ObamaCare lacked broad public support. It still does, as illustrated by a pair of polls out today, from The Wall Street Journal and USA Today. . . . Quite apart from the law’s merits, what Page has described is an enormous political miscalculation. Unlike in the Syria case, Obama had the political strength to push this legislation through Congress (if barely). But while it’s easy to imagine he was and remains disdainful of public opinion on the matter, it’s almost certain that he expected it to turn around by now.

Yet it’s actually more unpopular than when it passed.
 
Warren Buffett: Scrap Obamacare and Start Over


The Weekly Standard – By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

You know things are bad for President Obama when even Warren Buffett has soured on Obamacare and says that “we need something else.” Money Morning writes:
Buffett and Obama

“Healthcare costs in the United States are like a tapeworm eating at our economic body.

“Those words come from famed investor Warren Buffett, who said he would scrap Obamacare and start all over.

Read more at http://iowntheworld.com/blog/#yZ2IzQAOBQLctEFy.99
 
Warren Buffett: Scrap Obamacare and Start Over


The Weekly Standard – By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

You know things are bad for President Obama when even Warren Buffett has soured on Obamacare and says that “we need something else.” Money Morning writes:
Buffett and Obama

“Healthcare costs in the United States are like a tapeworm eating at our economic body.

“Those words come from famed investor Warren Buffett, who said he would scrap Obamacare and start all over.

Read more at http://iowntheworld.com/blog/#yZ2IzQAOBQLctEFy.99
He wants a more socialistic health care system.
 
Census on Obama’s 1st Term: Real Median Income Down $2,627; People in Poverty Up 6,667,000; Record 46,496,000 Now Poor
September 17, 2013 - 1:54 PM


- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ter...down-2627-people-poverty#sthash.b0nEB2vq.dpuf

That sounds about right. I'm not sure why you're posting about the success of the Republican party wrecking and holding the economy down but that's your perogative. We could have and should have passed a larger stimulus from day one, got enough money to the states to prevent them from laying off masses of workers. We should have had more shovel ready jobs too.
 
That sounds about right. I'm not sure why you're posting about the success of the Republican party wrecking and holding the economy down but that's your perogative. We could have and should have passed a larger stimulus from day one, got enough money to the states to prevent them from laying off masses of workers. We should have had more shovel ready jobs too.

you must be a KNEE GROW:rolleyes:
 
That sounds about right. I'm not sure why you're posting about the success of the Republican party wrecking and holding the economy down but that's your perogative. We could have and should have passed a larger stimulus from day one, got enough money to the states to prevent them from laying off masses of workers. We should have had more shovel ready jobs too.

Remember, their number one priority was not to help jobless Americans find jobs again and create a new, stable job structure for a new era, but to keep President Obama to one term.

Two and a half years wasted yelling about his birth certificate.

"He's indoctrinating our kids!"

"Sandra Fluke is a whore!"

All that money they keep spending on trying to get rid of Obamacare and failing each and every time sure could do a lot of good elsewhere.

I am fucking done with fake-ass Republicans.
 
Simper Fi! - "Always Whine"

Look clown, this is entirely the doing of the President and his criminals.:rolleyes:

Like I've said before, if you had fought the Viet Cong half as hard as you fight President Obama, Vietnam would be a free country still today.

But you didn't...and it isn't.

So by all means, keep on blamin' President Obama's policies for every thing that goes wrong in your life. That's what you Vietnam-era Marines do.

Simper Fi!
 
Obama Asked About Obamacare’s Tanking Approval Numbers: “Yes,” “Everybody Is Wrong”…




How one man can be so smug and pompous is beyond me.

Via The Hill:


President Obama said Tuesday that Americans were wrong to doubt his signature healthcare reform law, saying concerns over rising costs or worsening health outcomes were not supported by the evidence.

In an interview with Telemundo on Tuesday, the president was asked if “everybody [was] wrong” after polling data indicated that a majority of Americans oppose the law and believe it will raise their healthcare costs.

“Yes,” the president said with a chuckle. “They are.”

The president said a “look at the facts” revealed that young adults were able to stay on their parents’ health insurance longer and that seniors were getting “billions of dollars in discounts on their prescription drugs.”

Asked about reports that insurance rates were rising in some areas, Obama argued the law was a net positive.
 
Household Incomes Flat Despite Sunnier Economy




NY Times forced to admit the unfunny truth about Obamanomics.

Via NYTimes:


WASHINGTON — Despite the addition of more than two million jobs last year, soaring corporate profits and continuing economic growth, income for the typical American household did not rise in 2012 and poverty failed to fall, new data from the Census Bureau show.

“The poverty and income numbers are a metaphor for the entire economy,” said Ron Haskins of the Brookings Institution. “Everything’s on hold, but at a bad level.”
 
NIGGER ON ICKS

Meet America's Growing "Lower Class"


Submitted by Mike Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg blog,

The article below from the LA Times is both extremely interesting as well as depressing from a cultural standpoint. For four decades now, the General Social Survey has asked Americans how they identify themselves from a class perspective. While it was always quite common for less fortunate folks to identify themselves as “working class,” there has always been a reluctance to identify as “lower class.” Until last year that is, when a record amount of Americans identified as such.

I believe the reason for the change has to do with how the less fortunate view their future opportunities for upward mobility, and the idea that they are stuck in their position for good. This is very bad and it is a direct result of millions of Americans seeing the oligarchs bail themselves out while leaving the rest of society to rot. It’s also why there will be no sustainable recovery until the crony “elites” in power are removed from their positions of influence and the rule of law is restored. From the LA Times:






Roquemore is among the small but surging share of Americans who identify themselves as “lower class.” Last year, a record 8.4% of Americans put themselves in that category — more than at any other time in the four decades that the question has been asked on the General Social Survey, a project of the independent research organization Norc at the University of Chicago.


Unemployment surged during the downturn. Millions of homes were repossessed in the years since, and millions more people slipped into poverty. And years after the recession ended, theU.S. Department of Agriculturereported record shares of households were still struggling, at times, to put adequate food on the table.


Last year, less than 55% of Americans agreed that “people like me and my family have a good chance of improving our standard of living,” the lowest level since the General Social Survey first asked the question in 1987. An unusually high share of the unemployed — more than 4 million Americans as of August — have been out of work for six months or longer.


Last year, the richest 10% of Americans enjoyed more than half of the income nationwide — the biggest share in nearly a century, a recentUC Berkeleystudy showed. In countries around the world, the starker the difference between rich and poor, the more likely people are to think of themselves as worse off, said Robert Andersen,a professor of social science at the University of Toronto.

What would we have done if the oligarchs hadn’t saved us by giving themselves trillions of dollars.
 
What?

No BIG FUCKING BIRD?????????????

Video: Freaky-deaky Oregon Obamacare ad gets psychedelic with your tax money, man




Hey, man, we’re just living in a Yellow Submarine world in which the Yellow Submarine is a taxpayer subsidized acid trip.

This ad for Cover Oregon, the state’s Obamacare-pushing entity cost taxpayers a mere couple million, according to Americans for Tax Reform. It includes no actual information about the health care exchanges, but a retro hipstery busker flying over the Orwellian rainbows of Portland “on our own wings.”



There’s more to come. The lyrics:


“We fly with our own wings. Care about the same things. We stand strong together. So let me hear you say. We fly with our own wings. Dreamin’ all the big dreams. Long live Oregonians; we’re free to be healthy. Long live Oregonians; we’re free to be healthy.”

In addition to being totally useless for enrolling users or helping them understand the complex system about to be presented unto them, the ad takes serious liberties with the definitions of “own” and “free.” Obtaining health insurance via a government exchange and generous subsidies from other taxpayers is sort of the opposite of “flying with our own wings,” unless the busker means “our” in an “it takes a village” sense, but then, whose wings are they?

And, they’re “free” to be healthy because they were never free to exercise or maintain a good diet or have health insurance before? Perhaps this ad is meant to emphasize that Oregonians may now be “free” of the insurance the president swore they could keep if they liked it, but cheer up— now, you’re free to be healthy by “flying with your own” subsidized wings. Maybe, assuming this whole exchange thing goes off without a hitch.

And, if you lose your current coverage and can’t get new coverage through the new exchange, enjoy “standing strong together” and “singing.” That’ll probably help with the diabetes.
 
Franchise owners plead for changes to ObamaCare


The kickoff date for the employer mandate in ObamaCare got put off for a year, but that doesn’t mean small-business owners don’t have to start making adjustments now to the ACA’s requirements — especially in the definition of full-time workers. While the White House looks for ways to snare more employers who are hoping to dodge the mandate by lowering the hours worked by their staff, owners of retail chain franchises want the definition changed from 30 hours a week to 40 hours a week. Without that, they argue that their employees will see hours decline even further, and management of their businesses will become too unwieldy:


Franchise restaurant owners have come to Washington seeking a change to ObamaCare that they say could prevent them from having to cut their employees’ hours.

The healthcare law requires large employers to provide insurance to employees who work at least 30 hours per week. …

More than 300 members of the franchise association are making the rounds on Capitol Hill to lobby for the ObamaCare changes. Monday’s visitors included IFA members from Mr. Rooter, McDonald’s and Dunkin Donuts.

Their top priority is a trio of bills that would increase the law’s definition of full-time employee to 40 hours per week. Members of the IFA have been instructed to ask lawmakers whether they will co-sponsor legislation “to give employers and employees relief from burdensome employer regulations?”

Bills supported by the IFA include the Save American Workers Act, sponsored by Rep. Todd Young (R-Ind.), and the Forty Hours is Full Time Act, offered in the House by Rep. Daniel Lipinski (D-Ill.) and in the Senate by Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.).

The franchise trade group has also launched a website, 40hoursisfulltime.com, to encourage visitors to lobby their lawmakers on the full-time threshold.

If they have to lock in workers at a ceiling of 30 hours per week, business owners will need to add staff rather than have some flexibility on scheduling hours with existing staff. That will drive costs up — there is an overhead cost for every employee, regardless of how many hours worked — and create more problems in cost control. Since most franchise businesses operate on relatively low margins in highly competitive markets, higher costs mean higher prices, or a good possibility of going out of business.

And, since franchise businesses tend to hire younger workers, the loss of these businesses mean fewer opportunities for teens and young adults. That’s hardly the only problems that ObamaCare creates for young adults, as the NRCC notes in this spoof of HHS’ “Healthy Young America” video contest. Hot Air has the first look:




Heading back to school at ObamaCare University? Professor Sebelius wants to make sure you’re caught up with what trends are hot right now.

ObamaCare is causing the price of your health insurance to skyrocket, but don’t worry – higher costs for health care is the BIG trend this year. You’ll fit right in.

The law also mandates what services are covered. Because having less access to your Doctor is ALL the rage right now.

Concerned you can’t afford all these fashion trends? Don’t worry. ObamaCare will charge a hefty tax if you don’t participate, so you don’t really have a choice!

So just remember this Fall when you head back to campus: higher health premiums and no choices are SO IN. Control over your health care is SO two thousand and LATE. That’s all you need to know to succeed at ObamaCare University. Good luck!
 
BFD!

thy have their OWN MOVIE shit in their HOUSE

Ojerkface Legislation Will Contribute to the Shuttering of Small Movie Houses


The draft rule, which is part of a decades-long effort by advocates for people with disabilities, would likely require thousands of movie theaters across the country to offer devices that display closed captioning and provide audio narration of what’s happening onscreen.

These theaters can barely stay in existence and often need community support to break even,” the [theatrical] trade group wrote in a comment to the Justice Department’s 2010 precursor to the upcoming proposal. “To require them to install expensive closed captioning technology at this time is an undue financial burden that may result in these theaters closing.

Read more at http://iowntheworld.com/blog/#Lg3uhgKf6zaAC6M5.99
 
Arrogant-In-Chief Says Everyone Is Wrong About Obongocare


This from an ASSHOLE who never held a JOB....EVER!
The Hill

n an interview with Telemundo on Tuesday, the president was asked if “everybody [was] wrong” after polling data indicated that a majority of Americans oppose the law and believe it will raise their healthcare costs.

“Yes,” the president said with a chuckle. “They are.”

The president said a “look at the facts” revealed that young adults were able to stay on their parents’ health insurance longer and that seniors were getting “billions of dollars in discounts on their prescription drugs.”

Asked about reports that insurance rates were rising in some areas, Obama argued the law was a net positive.



“What we’ve seen is the lowest increase in healthcare costs in 50 years over the last several years,” Obama said. “So there is no evidence at all that this is somehow making healthcare more expensive. There’s a lot of evidence that it’s helping to make it cheaper.”
 
Soon the NIGGERZ will be here crowing about housing starts

809625278.png


Less then a DEAD CAT BOUNCE


NIGGER OM ICKS
 
NIGGER OM ICKS

Starts%20Wishak_0.jpg
To think it only took $3 trillion in bond and MBS purchases by the Fed and a 300% expansion in its balance sheet in five years to "push" housing starts to levels... last seen at every recession bottoms for the last five decades. The good news: starts are already rolling over once again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top