What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing that AJ C&P'd a bunch of random articles this morning, that don't really have anything to do wiith what's been talked about.

I'm sure in his mind this is "proof" of something... but no one else can figure out what it is.

"books, not blogs".

You prove that which I actually wrote about Liberal "philosophy" and what it tends to.

That would be the stuff up before the "c&p blogs" where I did reference actual, real, books...

It is so refreshing to be right so often.

:cool:
 
When the next Euro war starts we'll stay home.

Thankfully, we're broke.



DEAD broke...

Here's something funny after the Cool Obama thread:

http://spectator.org/archives/2012/04/30/londons-cool-conservative

Boris Johnson is the massive exception. He is not only cool but hilarious. His shock of unruly blond hair looks like a wig chosen and fitted by a toddler. He admitted that he once tried to snort cocaine, but sneezed and failed (beat that, Bill Clinton). He has the kind of face, even at rest, that makes people giggle. He could quite easily be a game-show host -- in fact he's occasionally been the guest host on Britain's leading TV satirical news quiz, and it's compulsive viewing. At last count, a YouTube video of him tripping himself up then inadvertently rugby tackling an astonished opponent in a celebrity soccer match between England and Germany has attracted half a million hits and thousands of delighted comments.

Boris is a bizarre combination of posh scholarliness, gaffes (including a very public extra-marital affair that would be career-ending for ordinary mortals, but only strengthened his appeal), bumbling ineptitude, and startling political insight and ambition. Beneath it all he's a conservative to his fingertips. He edited the UK version of The Spectator with great panache between 1999 and 2005 and now stands a good chance of succeeding Cameron as Conservative leader, when the time comes.

See the picture and tell me you don't think THE TRUMP!

:D ;) ;)
 
;) ;)


Oh well, early morning appointments...

Dick shut up quick. Guess he does his best talking when I'm not here to answer.

;) ;)

I was waiting for you to actually give a direct answer to a question... Instead, you've spent the morning ducking and covering... and jerking off veteman.

It's clear what your priorities are, and rational discussion has never been one of them.
 
chrtsrv.dll
Boing.
 
The Dow fell only 14.68 points today, or 0.11%, to 13213.63. Still, it ends the month 1.59 points higher than at the start of April. Its monthly gain streak is now the longest since 2007.
 
Barack Obama campaigned four years ago assailing President George W. Bush for wage losses suffered by the middle class. More than three years into Obama’s own presidency, those declines have only deepened.

The rebound from the worst recession since the 1930s has generated relatively few of the moderately skilled jobs that once supported the middle class, tightening the financial squeeze on many Americans, even those who are employed.

“It started long before Obama, but he hasn’t done anything,” said John Forsyth, 58, a railroad-car inspector and political independent from Lebanon, Ohio. “He kept pushing this change, change, change, and he hasn’t done anything.”

Underlying the erosion of the middle class, defined by some economists as the middle 60 percent of income earners, are trends that stretch back decades, including competition from lower-wage workers overseas and technological advances that allow factories and offices to produce more with less labor.

As a candidate in 2008, Obama blamed the reversals largely on the policies of Bush and other Republicans. He cited census figures showing that median income for working-age households -- those headed by someone younger than 65 -- had dropped more than $2,000 after inflation during the first seven years of Bush’s time in office.

Yet real median household income in March was down $4,300 since Obama took office in January 2009 and down $2,900 since the June 2009 start of the economic recovery, according to an analysis of census data by Sentier Research, an economic- consulting firm in Annapolis, Maryland.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...tem-middle-class-slide-he-blamed-on-bush.html



Dick, you're as bad as merc in demanding I answer questions that I did answer, I cannot help it if I did not give you the answer that you intended to be the trigger of your clever and, like, uh, TOTALLY, devastating ambush...
 
The Dow fell only 14.68 points today, or 0.11%, to 13213.63. Still, it ends the month 1.59 points higher than at the start of April. Its monthly gain streak is now the longest since 2007.

WOW!

1.59 points!!!

Coupled with some other recent numbers, that showed declining growth, I would have to say that the party is ending kinda early, 9PM early...
 
WOW!

1.59 points!!!

Coupled with some other recent numbers, that showed declining growth, I would have to say that the party is ending kinda early, 9PM early...

You never get invited to parties, so I can see why you'd be gleeful about them ending early.

Your schadenfreude is showing.
 
Could somebody please read "The Tortoise and the Hare" to AJ tonight?

< 2 points is a push.

The claim is the market gained for the 7th straight month, but this is the smallest "gain" yet and it comes on the heels of other numbers indicating an economic weakness, we see Europe heading back into recession, China's bubble finally stretched to the breaking point and slowing down drastically and still, guided by political leanings some of us seem to be convinced that in an interlinked (some would point out, purposely) global economy we're the rising exception to current downward trends.

Now in Aesop's example, the tortoise was a hard worker, but that's the antithesis to the American tortoise, large parts of it which are not working at all, but partying with the rabbit...

;) ;)

And we still have the big three uncertainties which are preventing CAPITAL investment in machinery and labor.

For example:
 
"Two Federal Reserve officials warned Tuesday that the U.S. could be heading for a 'fiscal cliff' at year's end if mandated tax increases and spending cuts are implemented."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47246646

"Last week, the total amount of debt emanating from student loans in the U.S. reached $1 trillion. With the Great Recession still present in the daily lives of the middle class, salaried jobs for college graduates are tough to come by. Many have had to settle for low-wage positions stocking shelves in retail stores or serving coffee at the local Starbucks. According to the Associate Press, three out of five new graduates are unemployed. The dissatisfaction these bachelor's degree-holders have with the lack of jobs manifested into last fall's Occupy movement. Many "occupiers" naively directed their anger at capitalism and corporate greed as the bills came due for loan payments.
All the while, the institution from which they sought salvation is plotting to tighten the shackles of dependency."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/05/the_real_cost_of_a_college_education.html#ixzz1tiRxQaUp

There's the June mandate ruling, the debt ceiling deadline and the massive tax increase (that's investment to you liberals) coming in January.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top