Random Gamer Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you "Candicame" previously?

Why yes I was! Though that wasn't an alt, I just came in one day and my name had been changed. It turns out that December had done it in cahoots with Lauren, because they noticed my Seussian obsession and thought I would like it. I did! Lauren apparently kept my old name so no one else could have it or somesuch thing. I'm not really sure how that worked, but I rather like the Once-ler.

Why yes I was! Though that wasn't an alt, I just came in one day and my name had been changed. It turns out that December had done it in cahoots with Lauren, because they noticed my Seussian obsession and thought I would like it. I did! Lauren apparently kept my old name so no one else could have it or somesuch thing. I'm not really sure how that worked, but I rather like the Once-ler.

How dare you besmirch my dear Laurel by bastardising her name?

Now... that is an interesting story, and no mistake.

Are you sure that really happened and wasn't just a dream you had after eating too much Chinese food one night?

Now... that is an interesting story, and no mistake.

Are you sure that really happened and wasn't just a dream you had after eating too much Chinese food one night?

I'm never sure that anything happened.

Maybe you should ask the two of them.

What he is, is a very creative writer. I give him kudos for that. You taking a few minutes to look him over does not qualify an opinion.

My statement about on line gaming had absolutely nothing to do with the idiot. It was a reflection of what I have read and seen in real life. There was an article a while back about the time sync involved in gaming and how it has adversely effected relationships, jobs and health.

Okay. I do appreciate the explanation, it makes more sense. I can appreciate your viewpoint and at least I know you do put some thought into it and don't just randomly troll solely for attention getting purposes.

It's an attitude a lot of people have, but that I don't share. Yes, it does ruin some people's lives and it can be a health and life affecting addiction that can ruin people.

But that's not really the end of the story. Peanuts also kill some people but I find them excellent on sundaes.

Playing games helps in a lot of ways, problem solving, hand eye coordination, cooperation in team-based efforts...it's cheap and it's fun and as vices go, it's my favorite.

I'm not advocating a drink Bawls and play 48 hours straight until your heart gives out life.

I play games and they're a part of my life, including exercise, proper diet, getting my work done, maintaining my marriage and home and being a mom, and getting sleep.

Over the years I've met lots and lots of gamers, many of whom can speak without drooling, even on other subjects! They're successful and...closeted.

I'm not closeted. I don't really care what someone else thinks about it unless it's on a game I've played.

And it isn't Lauren. I am so sorry about that. I've been gone a while. That's totally my mistake.

I know December, who is Lauren and how did your name get changed?

I'd murder someone.

Okay. I do appreciate the explanation, it makes more sense. I can appreciate your viewpoint and at least I know you do put some thought into it and don't just randomly troll solely for attention getting purposes.

It's an attitude a lot of people have, but that I don't share. Yes, it does ruin some people's lives and it can be a health and life affecting addiction that can ruin people.

But that's not really the end of the story. Peanuts also kill some people but I find them excellent on sundaes.

Playing games helps in a lot of ways, problem solving, hand eye coordination, cooperation in team-based efforts...it's cheap and it's fun and as vices go, it's my favorite.

I'm not advocating a drink Bawls and play 48 hours straight until your heart gives out life.

I play games and they're a part of my life, including exercise, proper diet, getting my work done, maintaining my marriage and home and being a mom, and getting sleep.

Over the years I've met lots and lots of gamers, many of whom can speak without drooling, even on other subjects! They're successful and...closeted.

I'm not closeted. I don't really care what someone else thinks about it unless it's on a game I've played.

Video games are my exercise. I was a dance-dance kid, and now I do Wii Fit and... that other dance game that I can't remember the name of that lets you set it up to burn 1,000cal a day. I dance into people though. Just Dance, that's the name of it. It sets up a 4 person dance where you run around each other while looking at the screen. Yeah. That's totally safe.

I don't get to pick my own jury, but you seem like a cool guy, even if you don't clank the needles.

I like bamboo needles. No clanking and they feel nice.

There are phases where I just get organic cotton yarn, knit it up on thick bamboo needles, and then just pull it apart. I already have enough 9 x 9 feet knit one side purl the other blankets to last through several generations.

And it isn't Lauren. I am so sorry about that. I've been gone a while. That's totally my mistake.
I knew who you meant, so I didn't mention that, but that she would change a user's name without their knowledge or okay just seems farfetched to me.

And... "in cahoots with December"?

What does that mean?

I know December, who is Lauren and how did your name get changed?

I'd murder someone.

I didn't get my name changed, didn't even mention it. Laurel is the mod for the board. I mistyped because I can't remember shit. I just logged in one day and it had been changed. They told me that if I disliked my new name, they would change it back, but I never gave such an opinion, so it has stuck ever since.

But like, I said, it's not an alt, I didn't close one account and open another. I'm pretty sure that all my old posts, which were once under "Candicame" are now under "Once=ler" though I could be wrong about that.

I actually don't have any alts, I don't see the point. I'm not a very good liar. Or very good at having multiple accounts on things. I always forget about one and let it die.

I'm never sure that anything happened.

Maybe you should ask the two of them.

December might answer if she's in a good mood, but most likely will just make shit up.

Looks like I have no recourse as to truth. As usual.

Video games are my exercise. I was a dance-dance kid, and now I do Wii Fit and... that other dance game that I can't remember the name of that lets you set it up to burn 1,000cal a day. I dance into people though. Just Dance, that's the name of it. It sets up a 4 person dance where you run around each other while looking at the screen. Yeah. That's totally safe.

Daughter and I did a lot of DDR together and my son still does and we've done a lot of Wii Fit.

I like bamboo needles. No clanking and they feel nice.

There are phases where I just get organic cotton yarn, knit it up on thick bamboo needles, and then just pull it apart. I already have enough 9 x 9 feet knit one side purl the other blankets to last through several generations.

emily_strange_pattern_04_by_takocos-d4y5p4u.jpg

I'm working on this blanket right now on metal needles with yarn that I pulled out of ugly sweaters from hand-me downs because I'm to broke to buy yarn.

I actually like the clanking. I like the repetitive sound... it's kinda soothing to me. I know that most people don't. But *shrugs* more shitty needles for me, I guess. :D

I knew who you meant, so I didn't mention that, but that she would change a user's name without their knowledge or okay just seems farfetched to me.

And... "in cahoots with December"?

What does that mean?

I think it was December's idea and she just went along with it.

If you don't believe me, ask Laurel. Wouldn't that solve it rather quickly?

Why would I make that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back