When will my story be published?

ImagineThat92

Virgin
Greetings everyone, I am ImagineThat92 and published a story a few days ago, it has just been pending ever since then. I am just wondering have the editors perhaps forgotten or must I just wait awhile longer?
Thanks in advance

The average wait of late has been 4 days from submission to posting. There's a themed contest going on, though. That usually pushes normal stories back a bit, and my two that just posted took 5 days.

New authors can usually expect a day or two extra wait, as Laurel goes through the first few stories a little more carefully. Once you're established, you get more of a speed-read in the approval process.

So, you're probably looking at 5-7 days from submission to posting. No need to worry that it's fallen through the cracks somehow until then.

The average wait of late has been 4 days from submission to posting. There's a themed contest going on, though. That usually pushes normal stories back a bit, and my two that just posted took 5 days.

New authors can usually expect a day or two extra wait, as Laurel goes through the first few stories a little more carefully. Once you're established, you get more of a speed-read in the approval process.

So, you're probably looking at 5-7 days from submission to posting. No need to worry that it's fallen through the cracks somehow until then.
Thanks for the info. I'm on day four for my first submission. Well, one of the oldest lessons for writers is learning to embrace patience.

Also don't view your submission and click on Submit Now again. That moved it to the back of the queue.

I have been waiting for more than a week. Hopefully it will be published soon.

Things are running really slowly right now due to a larger than average number of submissions.

A week is what many people are mentioning when they come here wondering, and most seem to make it through the queue within a day or two after.

At least until this seven-day business lengthens out, it's a very recent anomally. For lots of years, three or four days have been the norm. The seven-day business (although it's been building to that for the last few months) has only existed for a couple of weeks thus far.

Back