red H

While we're discussing favs, I noticed this one person who has faved and unfaved me at least a dozen times. I mean it has to be a lot for me to start recognizing his name in the first place and once I did see it, I keep catching it.

They fav then un fav me at least once a month. Odd, anyone else get that?

Yeah, I get a few who fave one ch. after another and then they start un-faving a day or so later. The fave author is by far the most important to note and I see who I make the list with and find some great authors there and think I'm doing well if I get accepted to that list. The longer a reader has been here, let's me know I've been scrutinized more for content.

I ask for comments and votes at the end of every chapter in both stories, but it hasn't picked up either count. If a reader is going to vote or comment, they will.

Views give me a good idea on how well the story is doing. I started off Redwood Nine and was lucky to have 20-30 people read it in a day. By season 2, I was getting over 100 the first day and 20-30 a day after. Now in season 3, it's 100 in the first few hours of posting and over 200 the 1st day and 50 or so a day after that. I don't get a lot of comments or exposure to promotion, other than the billboards in my categories highlighting the top stories, so I figure readers look at some list or another to decide on a story.
 
We all (about 20 of us) got up and walked quietly over there. about the time we got into place around it they both gave these little stifled moans and the tent stopped moving.

Twenty people started clapping and yelling 'Husar!" at the top of our lungs.

Right outside their tent.:D

My partner's kid still lives at home, and he and his then-girlfriend were having noisy sex in the room next to ours. I put on Yakety Sax at full volume right outside their door. (The Benny Hill chase music, that is.)
 
Stupid question. I know where you see that someone favorited your story, but where do you see that someone favorited you as an author.
 
Stupid question. I know where you see that someone favorited your story, but where do you see that someone favorited you as an author.

Click on "Recent Activity" on your submissions page. It goes back as far as thirty days and tells you who favorited or un-favorited either you or stories, and also shows recent comments on your stories.
 
http://www.literotica.com/members/recent_activity.php

At least up to the last 30 days. Beyond that, there's nothing currently built into Lit that allows you to see your author favorites.

You can find some of them via Google. Plug this into the search box:

yournamehere AND "this member enjoys" AND site=www.literotica.com\stories\memberpage

I don't know how complete the results will be (in particular, will probably be missing recent favorites - nicely complemented by "recent activity"), but it's better than nothing.
 
Comments seem to be falling out of favor, replaced by favorite listings - at least in the case of positive responses.

You only need to look at the Loving Wives category to see that comments are more common when someone wants to bitch about the story.

You also have to remember that an "H" only means a score above 4.5 and at least 10 votes. Just having an H doesn't mean all that many people have read the story.

The comment ratio has never been all that high. It's probably somewhere in the range of 1/5th to 1/4% of views on average.

No single metric on Lit can tell you much in and of itself. You have to take them as a whole, and everything has to be measured against stories in the same category since the readerships are so wildly different.

Does anyone know if there is a relationship between the score a story receives and the amount of comments?

I noticed some very highly rated stories (red H), but no comments or very few comments (less than 5).

That seemed odd to me because a highly rated story would draw comments right?

Just curious..trying to get a sense for whether scores and comments are related.

Thanks

J
 
Great stats. Publishing stats like that on the forum, of course, has invited visits to the stories by trolls in the past.
 
Thanks for the straight answer. It made me smile, since over half my stories have aitches.
 
Looking at the list of America's favorite foods, nearly all are fast food or desserts. Steak is the lone exception among KFC tacos cheeseburgers donuts fries etc.
 
My grandmother loved it, but she's dead now. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

A good rum soaked graham cracker icebox fruitcake with candied fruit will harden your arteries faster than you can stuff it in your mouth. :D
 
This red H thread keeps popping up and made me wonder how many red H's I have. I counted somewhere around 238. It made me smile. I know it really doesn't mean anything to anyone but it does make me feel pretty good.

I'm still proud of a number of stories that don't carry the H. It fun coming up with ideas out of this old mind of mine and knowing someone out there is reading them.

I guess that's what it's all about for me.
Respectfully
DG Hear
 
Back
Top