As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to stop crossing my legs. It's not good.

I'd have to see. It can look pretty hot, make your skirt ride up suggestively... kind of depends on the hose/heels you are wearing.

Then again, you could do the opposite, and spread your legs.... (wishful thinking is sometimes rewarded)
 
Little Lamp

Florence Nightingale
"Florence Nightingale is a ministering angel without any exaggeration in these hospitals, and as her slender form glides quietly along each corridor, every poor fellow's face softens with gratitude at the sight of her. When all the medical officers have retired for the night and silence and darkness have settled down upon those miles of prostrate sick, she may be observed alone, with a little lamp in her hand, making her solitary rounds."
 
you don't have to get all your knowledge from the books they prescribe...


Excellent!

I spent part of last night with my son, who is enrolling in college. He wanted my help with the course catalog. His goal is to take the minimum number of classes to graduate, "I am only going for the diploma."

I tried to explain to him that he is going about it wrong, he should be going for the knowledge. But he has always felt that he knows it all, and seems to believe that the college diploma is a magic key to better jobs. Which is the crap the high school teachers push, but the statistics don't support the assertion.

He wanted to plan out the courses for EVERY semester right then and there. I explained to him that was wishful thinking, until he goes down to register he won't know which courses are full, which ones are available on dates that conflict with other courses... He seemed to think I was being deliberately unhelpful.

I told him to make up a list of ten or so courses he could take right now, and then put them in the order he most wants them, then see which are open when he goes to sign up. I think I finally convinced him that he can't even plan the 2nd semester, as there are too many unknown variables.

And I am still trying to get through to him that education is a path, not a destination.

*SIGH*
 
When I was 18 I was the same way. My goal was to finish as quickly as possible, so I signed up for 21 credits my first semester, and no one could convince me otherwise. Hopefully once he's IN college he'll realize just how different it is from high school, and that he'll get out of it exactly what he puts in to it. It worked for me - I went to college to get into med school, but it ended up being four of the best years of my life (and I decided not to go to med school).
 
Working 16 hours tomorrow. It always seems like a good idea when I sign up for it, not so much when it's time to actually work it. Oh well.
 
Working 16 hours tomorrow. It always seems like a good idea when I sign up for it, not so much when it's time to actually work it. Oh well.

I just hope for a safer drive home for you than last time....

Money is important but please take care of you.....
 
When I was 18 I was the same way. My goal was to finish as quickly as possible, so I signed up for 21 credits my first semester, and no one could convince me otherwise. Hopefully once he's IN college he'll realize just how different it is from high school, and that he'll get out of it exactly what he puts in to it. It worked for me - I went to college to get into med school, but it ended up being four of the best years of my life (and I decided not to go to med school).

I got my bachelor's (120 credit) degree with just over 200 credits. They had to threaten me to make me leave, I was enjoying myself. 8)

If I win the lottery, I will probably go back to college. I'll major in coeds, and take any class that interests me. 8)
 
I just hope for a safer drive home for you than last time....

Money is important but please take care of you.....

When I used to do those over-long shifts with double-backs, I got a pickup truck with a shell, put some foam and carpet in it and would just sleep in the back of the truck rather than spend time driving. Much easier on the body.
 
When I used to do those over-long shifts with double-backs, I got a pickup truck with a shell, put some foam and carpet in it and would just sleep in the back of the truck rather than spend time driving. Much easier on the body.

I don't think my dogs would appreciate that. I have a neighbor who lets them out when I work doubles, but they'd miss me too much if I was gone longer than that. (They're both rescues, and a bit clingy.)
 
All of today is another chance to do things the best way I know how. To give the best care possible.
 
Rejoice in being paid time and a half.


I have another hour before packing for work.
 
Take away learning from this weeks lecture: Be careful what you say in the room and adequately sedate.

Man spent 60 days in the ICU. Managed with paralytics.
Man: "I can tell you all about the sex life of every single ICU nurse. I couldn't move but I heard it all."

It's cruel to paralyze without proper sedation. So, when using paralytics, don't forget to up the sedation too.
 
Take away learning from this weeks lecture: Be careful what you say in the room and adequately sedate.

Man spent 60 days in the ICU. Managed with paralytics.
Man: "I can tell you all about the sex life of every single ICU nurse. I couldn't move but I heard it all."

It's cruel to paralyze without proper sedation. So, when using paralytics, don't forget to up the sedation too.


Did Man say if they caused him arousal?

drugs are weird
 
The Surgeon used a brisk tone with me. He came back 20 minutes later and said:"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I didn't mean it."
 
These are the days when it really sucks to be single. My feet hurt, my knees and lower back ache, and I just want somebody else to handle all the mundane shit (feed the dogs, check the mail, gas the car, get the coffee pot set for tomorrow, etc.) so that I can just shower and go to bed.

And since I'm in fantasy world right now, a nice foot massage and some real food (not Taco Bell) would be great, too.

I gave six baths today. By the end of the second shift, I had that old "Workin' at the Car Wash" song running through my head non-stop.

It's amazing the pitying looks you get when you stumble into a convenience store at 10 pm looking like death warmed over twice, and you're wearing scrubs.

If I have to take care of one more kid with a diagnosis of "non-accidental traumatic brain injury at age __" (usually under a year), I may go postal. They scream, they arch, and they beat the holy hell out of themselves. And there's not a single goddamned thing we can do to help them. How hard is it to figure out that you shouldn't shake your infant?!?

OK, enough bitching for one night. I have to wake up in 6 hours. At least tomorrow is only a single shift.
 
I thought about you last night around 2130 and thought: it's almost over for LDS because 16hours is rough. I did it once, followed by 12 more hours the next day.

I feel your pain but at the same time, those are the days I'm glad to be single because I can't imagine anyone seeing me like 'this.'

The TBI is terrible. I can't imagine the children. That's awful.

I hope you had help with the body wash. I'm lucky we work like a team: "There is a party in room 6! Bring your gloves!"

Are you off tomorrow? I am!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top