Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I really hate you right now, you worthless collection of cheap sewing machine guts. :mad:

Some people are not in their seats when their friend calls in need to be talked out of something. Are ya kidding me? I :heart: you anyway.

No power for four hours. *I can do this*

*yes I can*

*absolutely*​

*positively*​

*aaarghhhh*

*I'm a teapot*​

*I'm a teapot*​

*I'm a teapot*​

Things I learned during an all day meeting:

1. Your boss does not think it's funny when during her presentation, you hold up a sign saying "Drugs are bad, m'kay."

2. You can make an amazing amount of origami using just gum wrappers.

3. You cannot fit 2 donuts in your mouth simultaneously no matter how you turn them.

4. While your boss is sitting at the same table with your director, you should not email your boss with the message "I really need to puff a fluffy."

5. You should not talk the other two reps into doing the wave with you when you are introduced to the group.

6. You should not giggle hysterically and point when the IT guy is giving his presentation with his zipper down.

7. You should not make a drinking game out of how many times your director says "Um" during her presentation. (This nearly led to a ruptured bladder)

8. People you email during your meeting to ask to be shot in the face and put out of your misery are unsympathetic at best.

9. You should not switch name tags with other people during the course of the day--management who actually know you, oddly enough, do not find this amusing.

10. Using the phrase "we are going to give you a high level. . . " really means, we have no fucking clue what we are going to actually give you, but expect a pile of crap.

I have another all day meeting tomorrow. . heh heh heh.

Quili

For Quili...(I love you bunches)

My daughter and I, and her girlfriend, took a little girl into the hospital tonight to be checked for sexual abuse. She is just 9. It was confirmed that there is trauma down there as well as infection. Reports have been filed and family will be going before the district attorney and judge to make sure she and her brother do not have to go home to their mothers until the investigation is complete and we know where the trauma came from. It's been going on for some time and my daughter's g/f has been trying for the longest time to get family to step and help and they kept making excuses, declining to do anything for fear of making waves. Well, we made a lot of waves tonight and it's just the beginning. I'm hoping this will be the beginning of good changes for the little girl and her brother, and everyone wake's the fuck up.

Everything is a big mess at the moment, but I'm hoping and praying she will be ok. We still have to get her to a pediatric forensic doctor and a pediatrician tomorrow for more testing. And of course, CPS is stepping in and the police are on notice.

She's the sweetest little girl. So cheery and kind. Tomorrow will be a hard day. Several of us will be going before a judge and trying to have some things put in place for her protection until everything is sorted out and we know both she and her brother are going to be safe and in good hands.

I didn't want it happening again to another little person when I know it can be prevented. I'm very proud of my daughter and her girlfriend for stepping up and coming to me for help so we can stop this.

(I just finished my final, too, for this degree. Can you say stressed?)

Loquena,
I simply don't have the words to describe the way I feel, you have saved a life. :heart:

For Quili...(I love you bunches)

My daughter and I, and her girlfriend, took a little girl into the hospital tonight to be checked for sexual abuse. She is just 9. It was confirmed that there is trauma down there as well as infection. Reports have been filed and family will be going before the district attorney and judge to make sure she and her brother do not have to go home to their mothers until the investigation is complete and we know where the trauma came from. It's been going on for some time and my daughter's g/f has been trying for the longest time to get family to step and help and they kept making excuses, declining to do anything for fear of making waves. Well, we made a lot of waves tonight and it's just the beginning. I'm hoping this will be the beginning of good changes for the little girl and her brother, and everyone wake's the fuck up.

Everything is a big mess at the moment, but I'm hoping and praying she will be ok. We still have to get her to a pediatric forensic doctor and a pediatrician tomorrow for more testing. And of course, CPS is stepping in and the police are on notice.

She's the sweetest little girl. So cheery and kind. Tomorrow will be a hard day. Several of us will be going before a judge and trying to have some things put in place for her protection until everything is sorted out and we know both she and her brother are going to be safe and in good hands.

I didn't want it happening again to another little person when I know it can be prevented. I'm very proud of my daughter and her girlfriend for stepping up and coming to me for help so we can stop this.

(I just finished my final, too, for this degree. Can you say stressed?)

You and your daughter and her friend are heroes. :rose:

phaedre: still?!

ed
Yes and I am becoming rather fed up with it though I may have mastered Sid Meirs Colonisation by the time i go back. ;p

I saw the doc again today and have been signed off work till Monday. This respiratory infection just won't go away.

You and your daughter and her friend are heroes. :rose:
It's been said many ways justskye, but I thank God there are people like you who do, instead of sitting around, wringing their hands and saying "what can I do?"

I saw the doc again today and have been signed off work till Monday. This respiratory infection just won't go away.

Darlin, you need some chicken soup--where should I send it? I like Fed-ex guys. They bring presents. ;)

And finally. . YIKES! The company I applied to has called me back for a second interview tomorrow at 3 p.m. I'm freaking out a little, 1 hour will be a team interview with the other three people i will potentially be working with, and the second hour will be with the CEO of the company. I've already been through 3 different business suits, my room looks like a clothes hurricane went through and I haven't even begun to choose shoes or jewelry. I wish they would just hire me or not, then I could quit feeling like I'm going to hurl.

Last edited:
Saucyminx said:
And finally. . YIKES! The company I applied to has called me back for a second interview tomorrow at 3 p.m. I'm freaking out a little, 1 hour will be a team interview with the other three people i will potentially be working with, and the second hour will be with the CEO of the company. I've already been through 3 different business suits, my room looks like a clothes hurricane went through and I haven't even begun to choose shoes or jewelry. I wish they would just hire me or not, then I could quit feeling like I'm going to hurl.
Knock 'em dead! Well, maybe not literally. . . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back