Losers of a feather, flock together

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
The Enquirer's privately held parent company, American Media Inc., lost $72 million for the year ending in March, the records obtained by the AP show. And despite AMI chairman David Pecker's claims that the Enquirer's heavy focus on Trump sells magazines, the documents show that the Enquirer's average weekly circulation fell by 18 percent to 265,000 in its 2018 fiscal year from the same period the year before — the greatest percentage loss of any AMI-owned publication. The slide follows the Enquirer's 15 percent circulation loss for the previous 12 months, a span that included the presidential election.

More broadly, the documents obtained by the AP show that American Media isn't making enough money to cover the interest accruing on its $882 million in long-term debt and that the company expects "continued declines in circulation and advertising revenues" in the current year. That leaves AMI reliant on debt to keep its operations afloat and finance a string of recent acquisitions that are transforming the tabloid news industry.

Sound familiar?

NEW YORK – Donald Trump has lost money for a third year in a row at his golf club in Ireland.

Financial statements filed with the Irish government show the president’s resort on the island’s west coast lost about $2.6 million in 2016, the latest year available. The losses come amid signs of trouble at some of his other golf resorts. His two Scottish resorts, for instance, recently reported losses had doubled in 2016

According to corporate filings in the U.K., Turnberry lost $36.1 million in 2016 (the most recent figure available) on revenue of just $12 million. The operation’s debt load nearly doubled between 2015 and 2016, according to the filings. Turnberry has also been the subject of congressional hearings that included testimony speculating about how Trump arranged financing to buy that course and fund his others in Scotland and Ireland. Eric Trump, the president’s son, has been quoted as saying that some of his family’s funding for its golf business came from Russia (Trump fils disputed the account).

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/tabloid-trump-secrets-faces-losses-legal-trouble-57480956

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/02/trumps-irish-resort-loses-money-for-third-consecut/

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-07-13/trump-s-u-k-trip-a-money-losing-scottish-golf-paradise
 
Back
Top