Houston Astros consider abuse hotline obscene

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
The Houston Astros booted a customer from Minute Maid Park stadium during a game for holding up a sign that read, “Houston Domestic Violence Hot Line 713.528.2121,” the ejected fan told ABC Houston station KTRK-TV.

The telephone number is a working hotline run by the Houston Area Women’s Center, a nonprofit that serves domestic abuse and sexual assault victims.

Team fan Kevin Jukkola created the sign to protest the Astros’ "morally bankrupt" decision this summer to acquire pitcher Roberto Osuna from the Toronto Blue Jays, he told KTRK.

Osuna is facing a domestic assault charge in Canada, to which he has pleaded not guilty. But he agreed to a suspension of 75 games this summer under Major League Baseball’s domestic violence policy.

The usher who escorted him out said the sign was not permitted because it wasn't baseball related, he added.

A related statement also appears on MLB.com, saying, “The Astros welcome banners that support teams and their players, so long as they are in good taste. The Houston Astros Baseball Club does not permit signs, posters or banners which are obscene, slanderous or in bad taste. Management reserves the right to remove any sign deemed inappropriate.”

When was the last time you saw the Astros, or any similar organization, remove someone for holding up a sign which read, John 3:16?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/houston-astros-fan-allegedly-kicked-stadium-displaying-domestic/story?id=57586649
 
thanks for posting... I'm a news hound and I Totally missed this story. it is not receiving a lot of coverage. I mean be it a protest or just a PSA.... that is weird thing to kick a fan out of a staidum for!
 
Back
Top