New Lit Control Panel Testers - Info, Updates, Reports & More

Great job so far!

One of the primary issues I have is I'm not always in a place where I can access the internet every day. My personal "Go To" catagory is Sci-Fi/Fantasy. It has a relatively high turnover rate so often times I miss something as it has been "pushed out" by newer stuff. You already have a a great option of sorting by "Highest Rated" by week, month, year, all time. Can we have an option of sorting by recently added by week, month, year, rather than just alphabetical and highest rated?

Another thing would be adding categories into the Home/Latest Activity list. There are a lot of authors out there that I really like some of their stuff and some of it i'll really want to pass over depending on catagory.

It would be amazing if we could "customize" our "New stories" category options with to "Show me catagory 1,4,7,8,9" rather than having to wade through all of everything.
(if this doesn't make sense or needs more elaboration feel free to contact through my profile email address)

Thank you for the efforts you are putting in to making this an easier/better user experience, it's new and has some kinks (pardon the pun) to work out, but it's definitely a step toward the right direction.
 
Much better

From a reader's perspective:

I really like the latest activity from my favorite authors. Now I don't have to hunt down any new stories on each author's member page :D

There is however one thing I struggle with, and which I think you can help with: which stories have I already read? Browsing the site for interesting stories, I once in a while starts reading a story I find out I read years ago, which can be quite annoying. I think this can be solved with a little UI addition: show how many stars I've given a story much more prominently, by showing it everywhere a story is listed, and at the beginning of a story (sometimes I've scrolled to the end of a story just to know if I've read it). This would also encourage people to vote.
 
Love it... but

Hi
My only issue, and I suppose it is a small one, although I'll likely use the old version because of it is in the my works section I would like an all option so I can scroll down all my stories without going to page after page to see all my stories.

That said, I love the author options for checking my reads, ratings, etc.

I love the updates of people I'm following as a reader.

Great job overall...

JAsmine
 
first of all, hi to the author above, I love your stories

Second, i love the new panel, although I post on an quiet board (Dutch - taboo (hence my english in this post)) so I do not have many problems with truncated views, there are just a few hundred and I am happy with a vote or two.

The only reasosn I sometimes switch backt to the old CP:

1 after submit for publish i don't see how many pages my story has, also I cannot see where the pagebreaks are, I liked this feature on the old CP

2 The edit box is small, to small for me, when I want to edit a published story I still use the old CP

overall, I do love the new layout
 
Great Work

I like the new control Panel. I think you have a winner here. Work well and is simple to use
 
In

Works->My Stories->sort by date

The resulting list is not in the right order. I wonder if the problem might have something to do with multi-chapter stories. All of the stand-alone stories are in the correct sequence, but the chapters in the multi-chapter stories are not.

I don't think it will take me very long to really like the new control panel, but I do have on issue with the "views" number. I track my views in a spreadsheet. With the new control panel I'll have to mouse over the abbreviated number of views to get the actual value, then switch focus back to the spreadsheet and enter it. I can do that, but I'd rather not need to. It may double the amount of time it takes me to make the entries.
 
Doubt this is the right thread to add this thought - but I'll toss it here with an apology in advance. Any chance of doing away with categories or adding tags more prominently to categories?

As I mentioned in a recent AH thread: If a husband & wife have anal sex for the first time in front of their neighbor, should the story get posted in Erotic Couplings, Loving Wives, Anal, First Time, or Exhibitionism & Voyeurs? What if they do it on a space ship and one of them happens to be black while the other partner is caucasian?

Perhaps provide writers with a series of predetermined tags? Or borrow from the many adult websites that allow users to tag content - maybe something similar could work as a way to generate tags for older stories or to add tags to stories with poor tags? Along with voting for a story, a reader could tick off a series of tags for the story's content?

Sorry again if this was the wrong place for the suggestion that you've surely seen dozens of times.
 
Looks like a children's story book.

I'm a grown up and big fonts are offensive: please can you reduce the sizes to maybe 10 or 12 point throughout - it's like the whole control panel is screaming at me in CAPITALS. Either that of give us the option of a personal css table so we can control some of these elements ourselves.
 
cant find the number of people that voted on my story

the old control panel did have this statistic, but i cant find it on the new control panel
 
I like it...

I had stopped posting my stories here at Lit several years ago because the old Author interface for posting stories was so wonky that bad things usually happened... especially if I was posting for a Contest!

I've just uploaded a new story... and the interface is much easier now. I hope it works!

Alex

Stultus Author Blog & Wiki - https://sites.google.com/site/stultussol2010/main_page
 
Can we sort or filter story searches by highest review?

That's a feature I use on almost all other websites, whether I'm shopping for shoes or books on tape or printer ink. I have always wanted the ability to sort stories in my search results by highest to lowest reader review stars - I rarely read anything lower than a 4.2 because I've learned from experience that it will either leave me cold or annoy me so much it kills the mood. Or...if this is already an available feature and I've just never found it, possibly due to my limitations from being on my tiny iPhone screen, I would greatly appreciate someone cluing me in!
 
Just FYI, this phrase alone motivates me to go look up and read everything you ever wrote:

"What I Want and Will Occasionally Stamp My Feet and Cry About Like a Child Being Dragged Out of Target Without the Action Figure That Caught His Eye"

I love it!!!!!!
 
Btw I should have clarified that my comment above was directed to Member 9458's post from 11-20-2016. (I'm new to posting on threads; sorry.)
 
A couple of other things

A weird bug: Somebody mentioned up above that the new control panel didn't show the number of votes a story got? Well, it does. Sort of. I don't know how to explain it verbally. Here's how the old control panel sorted scores and votes:

ZBM1LGp.jpg


Now here's what the new hotness is doing:

https://i.imgur.com/9RwzCba.jpg

You see the problem? The control panel is counting all the votes across all the stories the author has published and is attributing them to the last story in the list, while the other stories have no votes counted to them (despite correctly listing the averages of all stories). It was working fine when I last posted; I don't quite remember when it went bad. But it makes an otherwise awesome design way less useable than it was at first, and I hope you guys can fix it soon because I've grown really attached to it.

Also, now that I've started writing a story in the control panel proper, I wish the text entry box was bigger. The width is right, but the height should be cranked up way more, to at least as big as the forum's text entry field, maybe a little bigger.

Thanks for your hard work on this, guys!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI, this phrase alone motivates me to go look up and read everything you ever wrote:

"What I Want and Will Occasionally Stamp My Feet and Cry About Like a Child Being Dragged Out of Target Without the Action Figure That Caught His Eye"

I love it!!!!!!
Thanks! If you're still looking for my stuff, you can check my signature below.

Also, holy fucking shit, iPad posting gives you a poor sense of how big the images you're uploading are; if I had known I would've tried to thumbnail this stuff! My apologies to anyone who has inline images turned on!
 
Vote count?

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but on the new control panel's 'My Works' page the 'vote count' is not included with the other statistics for each story. Was this omission intentional? I've found this count to be useful in gauging the story's current ranking.

Thanks!
 
When I follow some authors, it doesn't seem to be listing their most recent works in "Latest Activity". For instance, I am following ilikeithot6308, and the two most recent items that show are "Lounging Nude" (artwork) and "Immortal Gift of Beauty Ch. 02" (story). There is a newer story "Goodness Gracious Pt. 05" (published Dec 25), that doesn't show up on the "Latest Activity" list at all.

This doesn't seem to be the case for all authors, so I'm not sure if it's a bug?
 
Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but on the new control panel's 'My Works' page the 'vote count' is not included with the other statistics for each story. Was this omission intentional? I've found this count to be useful in gauging the story's current ranking.

Thanks!

We've noticed the same thing and reported it several times, but it doesn't appear to be getting fixed. It was there in an earlier version, but they were working on formatting the large numbers, which seems unnecessary.

Adding a decimal and a K while removing the other numbers saves one character for stories under 1 million. We'd like to have the raw numbers for all statistics and can't really imagine switching without them.

-MM
 
Thank you for all of the reports, everyone. :D

We rolled out a fix today that should resolve several issues, including ones reported in this thread and via email/PM:

1. Authors couldn't see the Works tab at all. This issue affected a small number of authors who registered for Literotica 10+ years ago.

2. Number of votes should be displaying again on the Works tab.

3. The votes should be properly assigned to the correct stories, rather than all being added to the last story in the list.

Please have a look around the Control Panel and see if the issues that you were having are resolved. If not, please let us know and we'll try to catch them in the next update.

Sorry that I don't reply quickly to each issue, but I am definitely reading all of these reports and working to get them fixed.

Thank you again and Happy New Year to everyone. :D
 
When I follow some authors, it doesn't seem to be listing their most recent works in "Latest Activity". For instance, I am following ilikeithot6308, and the two most recent items that show are "Lounging Nude" (artwork) and "Immortal Gift of Beauty Ch. 02" (story). There is a newer story "Goodness Gracious Pt. 05" (published Dec 25), that doesn't show up on the "Latest Activity" list at all.

This doesn't seem to be the case for all authors, so I'm not sure if it's a bug?

It sounds like a bug if you aren't seeing Stories which are already published on the site?

If you go to My Authors > Latest Works:
https://literotica.com/my/#/activity/latest_works
Do you see all of the latest works by this author, or is that one story missing from this view as well?

Has anyone else reading this noticed this issue?

I will look into it and try to track down what could be going wrong. The more info that I can gather, the easier it will be to pinpoint what's going on.

Thank you for the report.
 
Thanks for getting the vote count back on the works!

Now if we could just read the real numbers instead of 1K. That formatting isn't useful for knowing anything between 1 and 1.1K which could presumably be any number between 1 an 150? The raw number doesn't take that much space, pretty please?

-MM
 
Now if we could just read the real numbers instead of 1K. That formatting isn't useful for knowing anything between 1 and 1.1K which could presumably be any number between 1 an 150? The raw number doesn't take that much space, pretty please?

Comparing with raw votes on the old interface, it is any number from 0 to 199.

-MM
 
Thanks for getting the vote count back on the works!

Now if we could just read the real numbers instead of 1K. That formatting isn't useful for knowing anything between 1 and 1.1K which could presumably be any number between 1 an 150? The raw number doesn't take that much space, pretty please?

-MM
You can get an exact number of views by mousing over (or, if you're on a tablet, tapping) the viewcount.
 
Back
Top