Do I lose my votes if I edit a story?

KenJames

Really Really Experienced
This has probably been answered before, but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

This has probably been answered before, but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

No. Your votes and comments are kept if you use the EDIT procedure.

In the past I have had to delete comments after an edit because the comments were telling me I had something wrong e.g. changing a character's name - and the edit was to correct my mistake.

Once edited, the comments were no longer relevant. I left a comment of my own thanking those who had commented on the flawed story.

From the FAQ on the Submissions Page:

I've re-edited my story and want to replace the posted version with my new edited one. How do I do this?

No problem! Simply submit the new version as you submitted the old one, only adding the word "EDITED" to the title (ex. "My Sexy Firefighter Ch. 03 - EDITED") so that we know to replace the old text with the new text. We will then replace the original text with the new text. Your story will retain its previous voting score and views.

Edited stories take up to 48 hours to appear correctly on the site as the pages must be regenerated by the site scripts. If after 48 hours your submission edits are still not showing, please email us a link to the work in question.

The last two sentences are wrong. Edits take far longer than 48 hours, possibly 7-10 days, and any queries have to be sent to Laurel by Private Message. Emails don't get through.

Last edited:
Thanks

No. Your votes and comments are kept if you use the EDIT procedure.

In the past I have had to delete comments after an edit because the comments were telling me I had something wrong e.g. changing a character's name - and the edit was to correct my mistake.

Once edited, the comments were no longer relevant. I left a comment of my own thanking those who had commented on the flawed story.

From the FAQ on the Submissions Page:

I've re-edited my story and want to replace the posted version with my new edited one. How do I do this?

No problem! Simply submit the new version as you submitted the old one, only adding the word "EDITED" to the title (ex. "My Sexy Firefighter Ch. 03 - EDITED") so that we know to replace the old text with the new text. We will then replace the original text with the new text. Your story will retain its previous voting score and views.

Edited stories take up to 48 hours to appear correctly on the site as the pages must be regenerated by the site scripts. If after 48 hours your submission edits are still not showing, please email us a link to the work in question.

The last two sentences are wrong. Edits take far longer than 48 hours, possibly 7-10 days, and any queries have to be sent to Laurel by Private Message. Emails don't get through.

Thanks. I figured that's the way it worked, but I wanted to make sure. It'd be nice if that was in the FAQ, but a lot of things in the FAQs could stand a little updating.

I've got a long series that I finished in 2007. Its gotten some of my highest votes and I really don't want to lose that, but the stories have some problems that I can't stand anymore.

Thanks for the PM tip, and the information on the processing time.

I really appreciate the help. :)

Gee, I'm totally blind.

The FAQ does say the votes are retained. :eek:

I read that a half-dozen times and still spaced it out. :eek:

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying my stories. I've got a lot more coming.

The series I'm updating is "Playing With My Sister" (bisexual incest). I got quite a few complaints about that from readers and I finally decided to fix it. It took me four days to edit all the junk out, but it improves the story. I'm submitting the edited chapters to Literotica one at a time. It'll probably take them about a week to approve each chapter, so it'll be a while before all 15 revised chapters are posted.

All the updated chapters are on my website (kenjamesfiction.com).

My latest series is "Pegging Peter." I'll be posting Chapter 6 in early May, and I have two more chapters planned. After that . . . Well, I've got lots of naughty ideas.

Last edited:
Back