Trespasser OOC

AmenRa

Thermonuclear Omnipotency
Joined
Oct 8, 2001
Posts
2,502
I had an idea last night and had to get it written down before I lost it:


http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1063806


If anyone is interested, just post an intro with some basic background info on your character. I kinda set things up with my first post, so go from there, or whatever. Just try to keep with the whole Jurassic Park storyline and characters. I wasn't planning on bringing any of the characters from the books/films into this, but having them mentioned and maybe some NPC conversations and such.
 
Missed this before I posted mine.

I was curious how far after the books/movies this was taking place?. I tried to age my character appropriately. Just tell me if you need me to edit anything.
 
Missed this before I posted mine.

I was curious how far after the books/movies this was taking place?. I tried to age my character appropriately. Just tell me if you need me to edit anything.

The timeframe is about right.

We'll say this is significantly after the books/films. Isla Sorna is a protected, off-limits island still owned by a trust corporation set up by Hammond in his will after InGen folded. The science team is there to finish the research and protect the islands inhabitants.
 
Name: Shepherd, John
Age: 32
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Bio: John joined the armed forces after graduation, served six years and left the service to join up in a security detail ran by a college buddy. A call came through: An able person who could pass as a biologist or scientist to provide security to a team of scientists in a highly hostile environment. John got the gig, he only had to appear like he belonged in the group, once on the island, he could bring out the weapons if needed.

Currently John is dressed in oversized clothes and wearing plain lens glasses, keeping mostly to himself and guarding his luggage. He was posing as neither scientist nor biologist, but as electronic engineer.

I can't say that I have ever read the books and I can't remember all the movies. Perhaps after finishing my Koontz marathon I'll look up them books.
 
Welcome DK, Rom, Phoenix.

Looking forward to developing an interesting story.

Have fun!
 
"Wait...if it can eat normal fruit...why all these strange plants then?"

This question?

Is this a typical Costa Rican jungle? Or has it been intensively seeded and replanted with "living fossil" plants?

Plants[edit]
Amborella – a plant from New Caledonia, possibly closest to base of the flowering plants
Araucaria araucana – the Monkey Puzzle tree
Cycads
Ginkgo tree (Ginkgoaceae)
Horsetails – Equisetum (Equisetaceae)
Metasequoia – Dawn Redwood (Cupressaceae; a borderline example, related to Sequoia and Sequoiadendron)
Sciadopitys tree (Sciadopityaceae)
Whisk ferns – Psilotum (Psilotaceae)
Welwitschia (Welwitschiaceae)
Wollemia tree (Araucariaceae – a borderline example, related to Agathis and Araucaria)[
 
By the way I totally feel like a real biologist now because I almost got bit by a copperhead yesterday. that was fun.....
 
Snake story. Reminds me of fishing trips to Georgian Bay. There are Massasauga rattlers in that region. We would camp for two weeks on the last rock with trees on it before the big water. It would take the rattlers on the island two or three days to decide we were here to stay and leave themselves. But the water snakes do not. Look similar from a glance but much bigger than rattler. So when ever you startle or almost step on a water snake, you jump a mile thinking it might be a rattler. Scares the shit out of me!

One of the last rattlers to vacate the island would be the one at the far end where we put out five gallon latrine bucket. Not much human traffic except first thing in morning. So for three days or more,, you may have to have your morning dump with a rattlesnake six feet away, rattling the whole time.

Protected species here so you can't kill them. I wouldn't anyway.
 
To quote one of the greatest adventurers of all time (even if he's fictional).

"Snakes, why did it have to be snakes..."
 
"Wait...if it can eat normal fruit...why all these strange plants then?"

This question?

Is this a typical Costa Rican jungle? Or has it been intensively seeded and replanted with "living fossil" plants?

Plants[edit]
Amborella – a plant from New Caledonia, possibly closest to base of the flowering plants
Araucaria araucana – the Monkey Puzzle tree
Cycads
Ginkgo tree (Ginkgoaceae)
Horsetails – Equisetum (Equisetaceae)
Metasequoia – Dawn Redwood (Cupressaceae; a borderline example, related to Sequoia and Sequoiadendron)
Sciadopitys tree (Sciadopityaceae)
Whisk ferns – Psilotum (Psilotaceae)
Welwitschia (Welwitschiaceae)
Wollemia tree (Araucariaceae – a borderline example, related to Agathis and Araucaria)[


I apologize for missing the question.

Yes, there are numerous species of ancient, extinct plants like the ones you've listed.

There are also current species of flora intermixed with them.

In some places, the two have fought a bit of a war, with the current species winning some, the ancient winning in others. Some may even be close enough genetically to naturally cross-breed.

I have edited the post to reflect the question. :)
 
Last edited:
Rattlers...I think it's the names that keeps me away from America more than anything else.

Cottonmouth, Diamondback, Copperhead, Sidewinder, Timber rattler (looks around just in case his old buddy is still around), Black Tail, Red Diamond (makes me think Blood Diamond), Tiger, TORTUGA ISLAND f'r Pete's sake!

I'm not going anywhere near that continent, huhuh. I'll take my chances with the cobras, mambas, puffadders around here thank you :D

At least our snakes doesn't sound like weapons used by some spec ops dark mission types :O
 
Back
Top