As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJ's are great unless you forget to flush the line. (I have never done that and do not know anyone that has)
IO Needles in the tibia and shoulder are the new great thing. I've made two Firefighters vomit that way.
Fun with Power Tools.:D
IO! IO! Intra osseous ouch! Luckily, in house we are dropping the central lines, slipping them in. IO! I hope I never see that.

Fave Neuro: Do you like it here?
Me: Yes.
Fave Neuro: Good.

He has this little leather bag filled with tools.

Me: So what are you going to do with that reflex hammer?

He walks three steps, turns around and shakes it in the air.
---

I am the platelet, and this is my secret life travelling through loves circulatory system. I am sticky and colorless and my life is short. And when he is bleeding, I can save his life, but my job is indiscriminate. I am the scab on his arm, and the occlusive thrombosis that adheres on top of the ruptured plaque in his heart. This becomes pathology and love dies just as the heart dies when the clot blocks the path of oxygen rich blood to the heart tissue.

I am his platelet, and I am made in his bones. I am star stellated sticky love, but I don’t want to hurt him with my automatic call to cling. How can we stop the cascade of coagulation? He can eat anti-platelets and inhibit my action irreversibly- there will always be more of me in another five to seven days. He can ensure clean coronary arteries, a good heart and I will have nothing negative to occlude and I will spend my short life swimming around happily in his blood stream.

This analogy was whipped up while reading the latest research on oral anti-platelet therapy for the management of Acute Coronary Syndrome.

I would like to find a hamrless way too unsticky my platelets a little. As a diabetic, they tend to want to hang together to much thanks to extra pesky glucose...

I would like to find a hamrless way too unsticky my platelets a little. As a diabetic, they tend to want to hang together to much thanks to extra pesky glucose...

Sometimes it seems that life is one big risk factor modification after another. A flowsheet.

I am the platelet, and this is my secret life travelling through loves circulatory system. I am sticky and colorless and my life is short. And when he is bleeding, I can save his life, but my job is indiscriminate. I am the scab on his arm, and the occlusive thrombosis that adheres on top of the ruptured plaque in his heart. This becomes pathology and love dies just as the heart dies when the clot blocks the path of oxygen rich blood to the heart tissue.

I am his platelet, and I am made in his bones. I am star stellated sticky love, but I don’t want to hurt him with my automatic call to cling. How can we stop the cascade of coagulation? He can eat anti-platelets and inhibit my action irreversibly- there will always be more of me in another five to seven days. He can ensure clean coronary arteries, a good heart and I will have nothing negative to occlude and I will spend my short life swimming around happily in his blood stream.

This analogy was whipped up while reading the latest research on oral anti-platelet therapy for the management of Acute Coronary Syndrome.

quoted simply because I love the way you write.

Sometimes it seems that life is one big risk factor modification after another. A flowsheet.

Yep. i have got that point where I have to decide whether I put up with the truly horrible side effects of statins or face an early death (60 is about exactly what diabetics in my family get).
I hate the damn things. They are making me depressed, mentally dull, giving me legs cramps and unless I choof supplements, nightmares.

Wait, I need to check the I and O's first.
My I/O flowsheet is always accurate to the drop.

quoted simply because I love the way you write.
She actually writes good poetry too.
Her poetry recitals give me wood.

Oh! Thank you! I wish I read this yesterday. I would have been all blushy. I suppose it is good I did not have time, I might have thought about giving up my day job to write a novel. I was busy sedating a poor alcoholic in delirium tremors. The patient pissed on my floor. That is not acceptable. I can’t measure that.

How much intravenous Valium can a body take in DTs? Seems like gallons.

Yep. i have got that point where I have to decide whether I put up with the truly horrible side effects of statins or face an early death (60 is about exactly what diabetics in my family get).
I hate the damn things. They are making me depressed, mentally dull, giving me legs cramps and unless I choof supplements, nightmares.
Damn. You got to do what you got to do. I empathize with you about the statins, and all medication but when the risk factors are so high, we never want the alternative. Thanks for sharing this with me because sometimes, as a nurse: I get cranky. I need to step away sometimes and remember how the patient feels and the reality of side effects. It is easy to take on the attitude: Take the fucking medication. It is hard to remember: I am not the one that has to swallow the pills.

Don't worry. You are going to like it here.
womenbondscaleslc.jpg

I LOVE THIS!!!...not sure of the copyright infringement issues but this is becoming my wallpaper for the Ipad at work....thank you for making my day you wonderful woman!
You are welcome! I think I might start reading these fifty cent novels, for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back