Three simple prerequisites

1. Be open minded
2. Be intelligent
3. Be kind

(and hopefully this goes without saying, but in case it's not clear, please also be female).

Bonus points for the following non-essential qualities:

1. You find the idea of playing "strip scrabble" to be appealing
2. You'd be willing to try a nude beach at least once in your life
3. You read regularly.
3.a. You don't read Twilight books, or any other vampire related tripe ;).
4. You're of the active/outdoorsy persuasion
5. You'll humor me when I make stupid jokes

30/m/desperately seeking good conversation (preferably through messenger).

Cheers!

Alright,

I'll admit it, I'll admit it. I read books like Twilight when I'm sick and want a cheap read.

But other than that, I'm wholeheartedly invested in all five of the above criteria. :)

1. Be open minded
2. Be intelligent
3. Be kind

(and hopefully this goes without saying, but in case it's not clear, please also be female).

Bonus points for the following non-essential qualities:

1. You find the idea of playing "strip scrabble" to be appealing
2. You'd be willing to try a nude beach at least once in your life
3. You read regularly.
3.a. You don't read Twilight books, or any other vampire related tripe ;).
4. You're of the active/outdoorsy persuasion
5. You'll humor me when I make stupid jokes

30/m/desperately seeking good conversation (preferably through messenger).

Cheers!

What about old school vampire stories? Stephen King, and the like?

1. Be open minded
2. Be intelligent
3. Be kind

Man, oh man. At first I thought you were quoting The Help. 'You is kind. You is important. You is special.' Which would have been both impressive (because what guy would voluntarily sit through a tear jerking drama like that) and queer (what guy would write an AD quoting something like that).

But you weren't quoting The Help so this whole comment was a waste of your time to read. Oops :)

Thanks! You're all exceedingly kind. And I don't mean that sarcastically, or facetiously, or disingenuously. Maybe with a wry felicity, but not to the point of being sardonic.

Oh God will somebody please just take their clothes off while I school them at scrabble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just needed that catharsis. I'm better now. Hope everyone's having a good evening.

Last edited:
Salem's Lot involved vampires, did it not?

No interest in the Twilight series, but I admit to being an Anne Rice fan. ;) At least most of her stuff until she got weird here recently.

Alright folks, settle down. No thread hijacking to discuss books I can pick up in the grocery store checkout line.

This thread is reserved for the enlightened discussion of strip scrabble and all its various permutations...or for PM'ing this idle mind who needs a female intellect to examine.

Man, oh man. At first I thought you were quoting The Help. 'You is kind. You is important. You is special.' Which would have been both impressive (because what guy would voluntarily sit through a tear jerking drama like that) and queer (what guy would write an AD quoting something like that).

But you weren't quoting The Help so this whole comment was a waste of your time to read. Oops :)
^hah!

Not as intellectually challenging as strip Scrabble, but a lot of physical fun is Strip Twister!

And Rosiegirl19, here's guy who thought The Help was a great book and film - not sure I'd use it as quotes in a personal.

I'm going to interpret this post as follows

1) The post leader is really good at scrabble
2) He also has some rules for strip scrabble that really work in his favour given (1)
3) There are many high scoring scrabble words in the twilight vernacular

I like the cut of his jib.

I haven't read any of the Twilight books. I did like the Lord of the Rings, though it's been years since I read it. I do like trashy romance novels so I guess that's a negative, but who's perfect?

I'm going to interpret this post as follows

1) The post leader is really good at scrabble
2) He also has some rules for strip scrabble that really work in his favour given (1)
3) There are many high scoring scrabble words in the twilight vernacular

I like the cut of his jib.

I like the way the OP turns a phrase...

...but I have a strict policy of openly acknowledging all involuntary vocalizations of mirth. You, good Sir or Madam, have caused such an utterance. A well-cut jib is NOT to be unremarked upon.

Back