A king's touch - Closed for silvertongue217

TheNiteSiren

Virginal Temptress
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Posts
1,434
I had never regretted my decision to come with the dwarves on their journey to Erebor, even despite Thorin's tempermental ways. He knew that I didn't like him and the feeling was mutual. Balin was the reason I was there. For years he had been my father's best friend and mentor. To me he was Uncle Balin, the warm hearted dwarf that taught me about the world and would tell me stories about the once beautiful city under the mountain. Things changed once I started to edge towards adulthood. Balin decided to train me despite my father's misgivings. 'The world is a dangerous place, lass. I shall do my best to make sure you're ready for it.'

When the time had come for Balin to return to the mountain, I begged him to take me. My parents had passed away from a harsh fever three summers earlier and he was the only family I had left. He gave in to my pleas but insisted that I wouldn't make any foolish choices. Meeting Dwalin, Balin's brother, at the hobbit's home that night was a treat. Even though I was human, he treated me like kin. Thorin was a different matter. He had a low opinion of humans but Balin's opinion was the only one that mattered to me. The hobbit, Bilbo, was surprisingly nice and I enjoyed watching him one up Thorin's expectations.

In my cell, I thought about what may come of us. Thorin's attitude towards elves was likely to get us all beheaded. Thranduil was not known to be cruel but there was not much known of him at all. There had always been a chance we might bump into his men going through the Mirkwood. I was a strong fighter but had no experience with elves. Balin had warned me away from bringing up the subject with Thorin. I was shocked when Tauriel, a female elf and the head of the guard, took me from my cell. The other dwarves screamed threats as I was taken away.

Strangely enough, I was taken to the baths. I didn't question the sudden generosity and enjoyed the hot water. My hair still had spider webs from the giant spiders that had attacked in the woods. Once i was finished, I realized that my clothing had been taken away. An elven dress was in its place, along with shoes and jewels. Maids swarmed around me, dressing me in the soft material that hugged my curvy figure. My hair was brushed out and braided, while little earring were pinned to my ears. One of the maids rubbed some kind of lotion on my skin that made me smell of roses and made my skin sparkle.
Now that I was dressed, Tauriel came back. I was escorted to the throne room. What the hell was going on? What did Thranduil have in mind? I was very confused. What did he want with me?
 
Back
Top