Michigan Roll Call

Still plenty of time for it to cool down and snow again. But yeah, lately it's felt more like a cool summer than winter. Probably kills my chances of being able to play pond hockey here before I come home to MI for xmas.

That sounds fun. I just want it to either freeze up and get snowy or get nice and stay dry. And of course for Christmas I would love a day or two of the white stuff.

Just tell me we're going to have a white Christmas. This weather lately is bizarre.

I'm perfectly okay with our weather as of lately. It can stick around until the 24th and come back on the 26th. :) If your looking for snow head north!
Oh... tell me the camaro is yellow! I won't go out of my way to check out a red porche. A yellow camaro, on the other hand, will give me whiplash every time!

New Year's Day will be my first race since the one mile run of 5th grade's field day! It was really embarrassing folks, this race is only a 5k, but I'm nervous as fuck! My goal is to do a marathon the year I turn 30, so I have to start somewhere!

No amount of push will get me running :D We cheer the boys on at the start and the finish. That's my extent of the race. I do need to get back out and start doing something but running a race is not my thing.

Hey, You could walk the mile track.... at least you would be doing something! :)

New Year's Day will be my first race since the one mile run of 5th grade's field day! It was really embarrassing folks, this race is only a 5k, but I'm nervous as fuck! My goal is to do a marathon the year I turn 30, so I have to start somewhere!

Sweet! first 5k?

I used to run in HS, the only guy faster than me in the 800 at our school was on the 92 Olympic team. Now 5k might as well be 500k

I used to run in HS, the only guy faster than me in the 800 at our school was on the 92 Olympic team. Now 5k might as well be 500k
I never ran in hs. I just started training a few years ago. You just have to want it.
Well, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. :)

I hate running. Feet end up hurting along with everything else on my body. Wife and I will walk the track when the field is not real full and ride our bikes around the house but this summer was a rough one and not a lot of exercise from my end. I really need to start working out doing something, just don't see it being running.

My son is first year running cross country and already ranked 6th overall for school history on his times. Wanting to break the school 5k, 1 mile and 2 mile records over the next 2 years.

Yeah, the thing is with me, I went away from my runners body. I'm 6'3" 190 right now, but when I graduated I was 6'1 140!! Hauling that extra 50lbs around makes my knees scream after about half a mile.

I do th biking thing now. Still would like to cut another 10lbs and get back to a 32 waist instead of the 34. Of course finding jeans becomes impossible at that point.

Yeah, the thing is with me, I went away from my runners body. I'm 6'3" 190 right now, but when I graduated I was 6'1 140!! Hauling that extra 50lbs around makes my knees scream after about half a mile.

I do th biking thing now. Still would like to cut another 10lbs and get back to a 32 waist instead of the 34. Of course finding jeans becomes impossible at that point.

I need to loose about 20 to really make myself feel better I'm at a 36 right now and making sure I go no higher than that. I lost over 60 pounds years ago due to health issues. I gained a little bit back but very little. I really need to get a bit more down.

I need to loose about 20 to really make myself feel better I'm at a 36 right now and making sure I go no higher than that. I lost over 60 pounds years ago due to health issues. I gained a little bit back but very little. I really need to get a bit more down.

In 2013 I was 30lbs heavier than I am now. I wasn't watching what I ate, and was really into cooking and making 2500 calorie dinners, and just ballooned. I cut back on calories, and dropped 20 in about six weeks just from watching intake. Then in June this year I quit drinking pop and I only have a hi c or sugar drink once every couple weeks. These 10 have been slowly coming down.

I need to get back in the boxing ring and knock off another 10

I was asked not to run in high school...they couldn't afford to keep renting a sundial to clock me in the 100m.

born and raised in MI moved away 4 years ago glad to see this thread i miss it most in the fall winter months.

yeah currectly in Louisiana 2 seasons hot and hotter lol not much change and i so miss the cider mills

yeah currectly in Louisiana 2 seasons hot and hotter lol not much change and i so miss the cider mills

Ah, cajun country! I'm sure there's something of interest to steal you away from our great state... I would want to head South just to hear and smell the ocean.

And yes, the cider mills are very lovely.

honestly moved for work,wasnt planning this far south. was hoping for TN but this is where the jobs were. lol I joke i moved from the mitten to the boot.. will be moving towards TN sometime soon I hope.

honestly moved for work,wasnt planning this far south. was hoping for TN but this is where the jobs were. lol I joke i moved from the mitten to the boot.. will be moving towards TN sometime soon I hope.

And what job would that be, I wonder...?

And what's great about Tennessee? The only think I can think of Elvis, blues, or maybe the mountains...?

We will remind you why you don't miss it when we are back up to our asses shoveling snow 3 and 4 times a week.

Back