Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 08-07-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
SamNightly
Virgin
 
SamNightly is offline
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Post Story wrongfully denied?

Good afternoon all,

New to the site so still learning the rules and how things worked. I wrote a story and was so proud of it I wanted to share, thus here I is. So posted my story and wait nearly two days to find out it was denied. Okay fine I knew it might happen. However I was denied because of a minor involved in a relationship? One, there is none of that in my stories, two there is a minor in my story that had an infatuation with the main character, but nothing happened and nothing will happen. Literally that's all my story says minor had infatuation with main character.. why was I denied? Please help?
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #2
KeithD
Literotica Guru
 
KeithD's Avatar
 
KeithD is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West
Posts: 2,037
Infatuation is sexual involvement, but if you think the story should pass, you can return it with comments in the notes box. I've done that several times with stories that the submissions editor, in a quick scan, thought there was something in the story that wasn't, and all I had to do was to note what it was being rejected for wasn't in the story, she reviewed more closely, and the stories got posted as written and originally submitted.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
jaF0
Worthless Toad
 
jaF0's Avatar
 
jaF0 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Unpleasantville
Posts: 6,365
The only thing 'wrongful' here is you trying to put a minor in any situation like that.
__________________
Why is a carrot oranger than an orange?

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.


  Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #4
SamNightly
Virgin
 
SamNightly is offline
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks

Thanks Keith, good to know! ^_^
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 12:27 AM   #5
thewinedarksea
Really Experienced
 
thewinedarksea's Avatar
 
thewinedarksea is offline
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 105
I'm an editor and I receive maybe two stories every week that have been denied for similar reasons. The safest thing to do is simply make no mention of minors at all in your stories. Is it legitimate to discuss minors in a peripheral way in such stories? Sometimes, maybe. Is it ever actually necessary? Almost never. Make it easy for the site editor.
__________________
My stories
In my current series, a sex worker negotiates the challenges of escort work in a major city.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 12:39 AM   #6
Jada59
Literotica Guru
 
Jada59's Avatar
 
Jada59 is online now
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5,957
Bottom line, minor. Not to be in stories at all. Sorry.
__________________
My works:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

If it's pics or vids that you're looking for, keep on looking!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 01:39 AM   #7
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada59 View Post
Bottom line, minor. Not to be in stories at all. Sorry.
Ah, no. Bottom line, no sexual activity involving minors at all, but there is no blanket ban - you just need to separate the story telling content from the erotic content.

At last count I've had three babies born, a six year old with her grandmother, and several mentions of children in my story file - nearly sixty stories. Also several mentions of teenagers losing their virginity aged whatever, with just a one liner.

The rejections come when there is any sexualisation of minors or when people try to bend the rules. It's not hard to stay within the rules.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 02:00 AM   #8
Jada59
Literotica Guru
 
Jada59's Avatar
 
Jada59 is online now
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Ah, no. Bottom line, no sexual activity involving minors at all, but there is no blanket ban - you just need to separate the story telling content from the erotic content.

At last count I've had three babies born, a six year old with her grandmother, and several mentions of children in my story file - nearly sixty stories. Also several mentions of teenagers losing their virginity aged whatever, with just a one liner.

The rejections come when there is any sexualisation of minors or when people try to bend the rules. It's not hard to stay within the rules.
I stand corrected then. I try to keep all minors out of my stories just in case.
__________________
My works:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

If it's pics or vids that you're looking for, keep on looking!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 03:28 AM   #9
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada59 View Post
I stand corrected then. I try to keep all minors out of my stories just in case.
It's sensible to do that unless a plot calls for it (mine did). The site does allow minors to be described, just no sexual detail at all. "She lost her virginity at fifteen" will fly, description of the event will get bounced back.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 05:52 AM   #10
Jada59
Literotica Guru
 
Jada59's Avatar
 
Jada59 is online now
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
It's sensible to do that unless a plot calls for it (mine did). The site does allow minors to be described, just no sexual detail at all. "She lost her virginity at fifteen" will fly, description of the event will get bounced back.
Thanks for the clarification.
__________________
My works:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

If it's pics or vids that you're looking for, keep on looking!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 06:00 AM   #11
jaF0
Worthless Toad
 
jaF0's Avatar
 
jaF0 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Unpleasantville
Posts: 6,365
The only reference to minors I've ever made was to explain that there were none in the community; that they were sent away to be raised elsewhere and taught was what was expected of them when they returned at 18. No mention of how they were raised or what they were taught.
__________________
Why is a carrot oranger than an orange?

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.


  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #12
hadruprider
Literotica Guru
 
hadruprider is offline
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,010
I find it amusing that Pride and Prejudice would not be allowed at Literotica, in view of the activities of Miss Lydia Bennet (age 15).
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #13
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadruprider View Post
I find it amusing that Pride and Prejudice would not be allowed at Literotica, in view of the activities of Miss Lydia Bennet (age 15).
At the level that P&P describes it, it would probably be OK. The relationship is mentioned, but not described in erotic detail.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 05:03 PM   #14
Panthergirl
Virgin
 
Panthergirl is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland,
Posts: 10
miner details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Ah, no. Bottom line, no sexual activity involving minors at all, but there is no blanket ban - you just need to separate the story telling content from the erotic content.

At last count I've had three babies born, a six year old with her grandmother, and several mentions of children in my story file - nearly sixty stories. Also several mentions of teenagers losing their virginity aged whatever, with just a one liner.

The rejections come when there is any sexualisation of minors or when people try to bend the rules. It's not hard to stay within the rules.
I've had a story rejected after posting because of a mention of being "sexually active" at a pre-18 age. No details at all, it wasn't even an integral part of the story. It seems quite subjective. Clearly the first person(s) to preview it didn't see an issue with it, but someone must have complained after it posted.

There are certainly a lot of stories that infer sex with "minors". Keep in mind that minors in Lit are under 18. Minors in some of the United States are under 16 for sexual matters. And over fifty percent of Americans are sexually active before 18 years of age. But, we shouldn't talk about that!

And remember that miners in Galaxy Quest are probably over eighteen even if they look like children.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #15
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthergirl View Post
I've had a story rejected after posting because of a mention of being "sexually active" at a pre-18 age. No details at all, it wasn't even an integral part of the story. It seems quite subjective. Clearly the first person(s) to preview it didn't see an issue with it, but someone must have complained after it posted.
If a submitted story has been reported, it still goes back to the same person (Laurel) who would then read it more closely. Did you then review your own story to find the offending content? For a story to be reported by another reader, there must have been something more than you say - you've hinted that you know what it was by saying it wasn't integral to the story. If that was the case, it would be easy enough to remove the unnecessary content and resubmit your story.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #16
Panthergirl
Virgin
 
Panthergirl is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland,
Posts: 10
yes it was easy enough to remove

One paragraph out of 5,300 words.

But now I'm absolutely perplexed! Are you serious? One person proofs everything posted on this site?! Holy crap! That is absolutely amazing! Salute Laurel! You turned around my last 12 page (lit page, not word) chapter in what? 2 days? You are incredible!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #17
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthergirl View Post
But now I'm absolutely perplexed! Are you serious? One person proofs everything posted on this site?! Holy crap! That is absolutely amazing! Salute Laurel! You turned around my last 12 page (lit page, not word) chapter in what? 2 days? You are incredible!
Yes, her site, her rules, her job to police the huge amount of content - she must be the world's fastest skim reader.

That's why, I think, there's a host of writers who support the platform by posting information in these threads, reinforcing the content policies wherever we can, and generally trying to help, as she provides a publishing platform with huge reader exposure that we wouldn't otherwise have.

I for one am hugely grateful for the platform (where else would people read my scribbles?), and we can all help police it by being clear on the rules, and reporting any stories that slip through when we see them. It's especially important, I think, with the current climate of moral crusaders, to help keep Literotica a self-regulating site for responsible adult content.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #18
KeithD
Literotica Guru
 
KeithD's Avatar
 
KeithD is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthergirl View Post
One paragraph out of 5,300 words.

But now I'm absolutely perplexed! Are you serious? One person proofs everything posted on this site?! Holy crap! That is absolutely amazing! Salute Laurel! You turned around my last 12 page (lit page, not word) chapter in what? 2 days? You are incredible!
No, which is the point. Only one person reviews and either accepts/or rejects all submissions. But the point is that she isn't able to read, let alone proof, all of the submissions. At best she scans them and makes a decision based on an incomplete read and supposition.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 10:50 PM   #19
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthergirl View Post
One paragraph out of 5,300 words.
That's all it takes. Easy to miss on the first pass.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 12:18 AM   #20
JaneRamsey
Really Experienced
 
JaneRamsey is offline
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 122
Omg it really is just ONE person!?
I feel so bad for her now.....there's so many categories I would never want to read. Lol
__________________
Check out excerpts of my stories here

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.