help in the chat room

Cwulf6

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 27, 2004
Posts
231
Ok.. so Im showing my inexperience here.. ive been trying the last couple of days to start an erotic conversation in the erotic chat room with diffrent ladies and im not having any luck. Any help or ad ice would be greatly appreciated
 
You can't even take out the time to articulate a proper request for help. Doesn't that say a lot?
 
Well... considering that I am not nor ever have been a english major or hold a degree in english literature. Or that I do not have access to a computer so all my post are done on a smart phone its hardly surprising that there was a letter missing. I ask for help and instead of something constructive I get criticized. If that's the best help that you can come up with keep your comments to yourself. When I made the posts I guess I should have been more specific in my request for help. Such as is there an etiquette that I need to follow in the chat room? What is taboo as far as trying to get someone to talk with you?
 
Lol...don't get your knickers in a twist. I was just trying to point out an obvious thing. Sorry if I came off as "rude". :)

On chatboards, all you have is words, and that's the only thing that'll make or break a deal. You don't need a major in English to write good, but since everyone is going to interact in that, a decent knowledge is definitely necessary, don't you think? A well articulated request tells me that you spent time with your words, choosing them carefully, and then pondered some. It's not about the English at all, it's about your dedication. At the moment, I'm using my mobile too. Does my post look sloppy? ;)

As for etiquettes, I can't preach a blanket rule for all women. Start with a hi, ask about her likes/dislikes (just go gung-ho on private info). Develop a sense of familiarity first, as that's what will help her remember you out of the dozens of posters. I don't have a clue as to how you chat, so IDK what sort of improvement I should preach to you, but try not to jump into uncomfortable topics like fetish/ex/personal info or any other thing that you'd never ask a lady IRL.

Chatting is all about testing the waters. 'Taboo topics' for some might be a turn-on for others and vice-versa. I don't how much will (or won't) help but, at the very least, be polite.

Hopefully, that made sense. :)
 
Lol...don't get your knickers in a twist. I was just trying to point out an obvious thing. Sorry if I came off as "rude". :)

On chatboards, all you have is words, and that's the only thing that'll make or break a deal. You don't need a major in English to write good, but since everyone is going to interact in that, a decent knowledge is definitely necessary, don't you think? A well articulated request tells me that you spent time with your words, choosing them carefully, and then pondered some. It's not about the English at all, it's about your dedication. At the moment, I'm using my mobile too. Does my post look sloppy? ;)

As for etiquettes, I can't preach a blanket rule for all women. Start with a hi, ask about her likes/dislikes (just go gung-ho on private info). Develop a sense of familiarity first, as that's what will help her remember you out of the dozens of posters. I don't have a clue as to how you chat, so IDK what sort of improvement I should preach to you, but try not to jump into uncomfortable topics like fetish/ex/personal info or any other thing that you'd never ask a lady IRL.

Chatting is all about testing the waters. 'Taboo topics' for some might be a turn-on for others and vice-versa. I don't how much will (or won't) help but, at the very least, be polite.

Hopefully, that made sense. :)
Made sense to me .. but then you're preaching to my choir. This is EXCELLENT advice. "Hey, there, wanna do it?" doesn't work any better on here than it does IRL despite certain assumptions you can make about my presence here in the first place. IRL, you may have access to my body but here you do not. The only thing you have access to is my mind. Always start there.
 
Didn't know the chat room was even working well. It has been complained about for years, tech wise. As far as I know it is a chat room for the site "Literotica". Don't just assume that automatically means that it is an erotic chat room all the time. Some members may go there just to chat and not to cyber. If you have cybering on your mind you may be coming off as nothing more than a sleezeball that wants to get his rocks off. Even here you have to take a girl out to dinner and the movies and impress her with good conversation before having sex.
 
"You don't need a major in English to write well. . ." :)
 
Thank you everyone for the advice and help. It just further shows my ignorance and inexperience as I put in the first post. It does help and makes sense. Again thank you.
 
Well... there have been a few members on the main page? Chatting and alot more signing in and leaving. As for 1 on 1 chats im not sure. I tried just general greetings and never got a response so. Not sure.
 
Hope this helps

One thing to remember is that there you are relying on getting similarly minded people online at the SAME time- it can be very hit and miss that way (shrugs).
People go online for lots of reasons, some to chat about sex, some just to talk to friends- again you need to find someone on the same page.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
DANG IT...thank you again... I just now found the actual rooms... again showing my inexperience with this stuff...the whole time I thought the lobby was the room. Damn I've been away from technology and chat rooms for to long. okletsgo thank you again for advice that helps out alot.
 
I checked out the Lit chat for the first time a few days ago too. Only got as far as the "lobby"... really just ducked my head in to see what I could see.
Could someone tell me, please, if you find someone you want to chat with privately in chat (maybe someone you've seen on the boards in the forum or whatever) do you then end up in chat back in your PM function or is it different? It was not immediately obvious to me in the lobby of chat how to interact with another single user. I am probably missing something that should have been obvious.
Thanks for the help/ clarification.
 
It took me a bit to find the actual rooms..if u look just to the right of the lobby tab you will see a plus sign. Click on it it should open up a list of different rooms. This is if you use a mobile version to view the site. To view a persons profile to the far right of the occupants window even if u don't see a arrow or triangle or anything click at the end of the box and should give you the option to view the profile or to send a pm
 
I'd never tried the chat before and this thread got me interested. It was almost overwhelming. No almost to it actually. I hate not returning pm's on here and there, it was hopeless. Almost not fun really. Most intro's were cool but I did get a couple of them that were off the wall and another few that went straight to blast when I didn't get back to them quickly. I hadn't been in a chat room in a long time. Interesting but not sure I'll visit again soon.
 
Start in a smaller room vs. the lobby. The lobby is where the regs hang out and they are a pretty tight group. Refrain from PM-ing until you have struck up some type of conversation in the chatroom. People are more likely to return a PM if they feel like they have connected with you in some way in the chatroom.
 
Back
Top