Tales from th lost city

Serkalem heard the humvee coming at her but when she turned to do something about it the wolves were already busy on the roof and inside. She took note of their alpha and gave her an appreciative nob before she took off after the first truck that seemed to be careening a bit out of control. Lem followed behind it slowly, not wanting to get too close just in case the driver got it back under control. Her full lips curled up at the ends as she saw a building emerge from the fog, to late for him to correct his route directly into its corner.

Lem watched the impact, and the small explosion that cam after. She swung her garrote as she moved toward it, winding and unwinding it around her long first fingers, while her blade made its way to her other hand. "That'll probably be a better idea. No need to show off anymore." By the time she got to the vehicle it was on fire. Lem tore the back door off and grabbed the first person she could reach. This time she did feed, why waste the moment. It had been a while since she had the pleasure of fresh so she took her time this time, ignoring the man's struggles as he felt his own body going limp until they stopped all together.

One down and she had no idea how many were left, but she damn sure wasn't climbing all the way in. The guys in the front was slumped over the wheel, his neck in a awkward postion. The passenger's head was through the windshield. The smell of gasoline was getting stronger so Lem figured the fire could take care of what she couldn't reach. But just in case, she reached in to snap the neck of the guy in the back then quickly bound up to the roof again to cut the throat of the guy trapped in the gun well before she spun and jumped down from the truck.

She took off at jog shouting, "It's gonna blow," over and over again as she made her way back to her own vehicle with the human wizard in the driver's seat. Lem jumped in the same was went out and reclaimed her seat easily.

"Where is Edward wizard?"
 
Jackie shrugged honking the horn to get the others attention "I thought he was with you" He called back scanning the area for the agent. He finally spotted him a few feet away pulling a few more agents and rapidly talking into his ear piece. Jackie noticed the enemies were starting to thin and roared the engine to life moving forward and going over to Edward.

"Get the wounded inside with Edward while I cover you" Jackie said pulling out his revolver and aiming out the window he began squeezing off shots making sure to lay down covering fire as best he could. He winced at his pain and turned nodding at the girl in the seat next to him.

"Okay if I call you cat?" Jackie asked kindly "and take you up on that healing offer pretty please" He said flashing her a smile before going back to shooting.

Edward pulled a few more agents out of the rubble one hand on his pistol as he scanned for any enemies. Before he could call in a medevac the SUV was back appearing as if by miracle.

"Some one help me get these guys in!" Edward shouted pulling them towards the car
 
Lem flung the door open and clench her jaw as she made her way out to the street. Bullets breezed by her and ricocheted off the ground around her but she was undetered as she moved to heft the truck so that Edward could pull the rest of the injured agents out of the wreckage.

"So these must be the ones you said might not respect my reputation," she said with a smirk as the last agent was pulled free. But when he couldn't stand Serkalem didn't hesitate and lifting the man twice her size over her shoulder. "And when this is done. You and I would discuss what was promised me," she told Edward as she moved to ease the man she carried into the back of the SUV. There was no room for her inside anymore but that was better than her being squeezed inside with all the injured men.

"Give me something to cover with," she told the humans as she made her way to the roof.
 
Mayna grabbed a bag with her most personal possessions in it, all the while her ears were twitching as she heard the sounds of the left over fight. The car crash was heard in the background and she smiled knowing her little trick worked. On her out as she debated on what to do, it was now clear that these M... M... MRI? guys will not be leaving her life anytime soon.

"Well, it is an adventure is it not? I need a vacation anyway I think.."

She laughed as she made her way back in the general direction of the shouts. Pulling the backpack onto her shoulder, Faelyth wrapping around her neck and she made her tails vanish for time being. If she is going to be in a vehicle full of people, she didn't want her tails in the way.

It was then she saw Edward struggling with last the agent, she watched the vampire chick helping out as well. Once she got to the vehicle, she helped get the last of the guys in making sure they weren't going anywhere, then poofed to the roof top with the vampire. Since there really wasn't much room left and she honestly didn't want to crammed in there again. Least this way if something happens, she can escape easier.

She looked back to see the fire of the crashed vehicle behind them.

"Looks like those humans didn't like our little game after all."

Speaking more to herself than anything as she settled down on the roof looking over the vampire chick, silently hoping that she won't attack her, there were more than enough humans that she should have fed. Least, Mayna hoped anyway!
 
Serkalem felt the girls nerves and offered a small smile as she settled on the roof beside her. "Relax yourself," she said, shifting her eyes down the length of those tails, fighting the urge to make a grab at one as flitted around behind her. "I find the blood of inhumans has an off taste. I've long since sworn it off but do us both a favor and keep those in check. I can't be blamed if I attack something that flashes in my periphery."

By then a gun was being tossed up to her and she moved to grab it before it could hit the ground. As Jackie drove, Lem moved to the back of van to pick off anything that followed them. She wasn't a big fan of guns but she used them well, often dealing a kill shot with one bullet. The second was simply for good measure as her foes fell to the ground in their wake. When all were down, Lem gave the roof a tap before she stuck her head down next to Edward's window.

"I believe that's all of them," she said with a smile as she handed him back his gun, butt first. "Now about our deal. I assume that there is a quiet dark place for me away from the rest of these...whatever they are. I'm afraid I'll make an awful roommate for a human and a pack of wolves. Well most humans anyway," she corrected before she moved away to sit with her legs draped over the windshield.
 
Mayna did relax a bit while she got a feel for this vampire chick and after hearing what she said just made her relax a bit more. Though, she still wasn't quite sure where these people were taking her or why she even chose to tag along.

Just take advantage of the situation... that's all this is... he promised money. Who knows, maybe the living arrangements will be better.

Mayna was thinking to herself while the vampire took out a few more guys, then spoke with Edward. Lucky enough, she remained in the back end of the van so her tails were out of the vampires way. Meanwhile she casually looked through her backpack making sure nothing was missing, especially a small stash of money she kept handy in case something came up. Stealing from the rich did have its advantages after all. Once she made sure it was all there, she sat back and enjoyed the wind in her face. For her it wasn't really all that easy being on top of the roof like this, but she made do with what she had to work with.

"You better not cause any problems... Your too cute to become dinner, just remember that!"

She spoke to the dragon curled up on her lap.

"Not that you'd be much to work with, don't even think you'd make enough for stew."

She teased lightly.
 
Cleaners Tavern 248 East 49th St

Ok building is now posted. And open, check OCC for details.

Bottom floor:Cleaners Tavern

First Floor: Safe House

Second Floor:converted office space

floor 3 (1000 square ft)-open

floor 4- same as above-open

floor 5-same as above-open

floor 6-same as above-open

floor 7-same as above-open

floor 8-claimed by public announcement-Jackie Boy (Silver)
 
Last edited:
Sasha smiled at the magician. "Call me Kitty instead and sure just try not to move too much while I'm doing it. It can make thd pain worse." She then put her hands over a spot and brought up her magic, starting to mend and heal, trying to make it as painless as possible.
 
As soon as she saw the other agents being loaded into the van, Bell let out her howl and all three wolves tore ass after the van, with their speed they could easily keep up with them, basically doggie parkouring around anything in the streets that lay in the way, and with the anger she was feeling at her Beta, she felt no exertion on her body. She'd have to pull a tooth to keep the one survivor from turning into a wolf, but at least the 'vemon' in his blood would be good insentive for him to start talking. She'd seen his boss before... but where.
These memory lapses are going to be the death of me. She thought as she leapt and landed on the roof at the back of the van, shifting to be able to grab ahold of the top so she didn't fall off, leaving her Beta's to run or hop onto the other Van. She looked at the vampire and stuck out her hand.
"That was impressive work." She said. "I have to admit, meeting another Vampire that's not the ussual 'Dracula' bad guy is quite the relief." She turned to make sure her Beta's were keeping up, and settled in for the ride.
 
Last edited:
"Crap" Jackie murmured watching the wolves and shacking his head "Guess they dont know the meaning of the word retreat" He said wincing and looking over at Kitty.

"Thank you Kitty feel much better do me a favor and go tend to the wounded agents see if you can get them stabilized" He said as he swung the car back onto the road following Edward's directions to the safe house.

"Crap" He thought keeping his eyes on the road as his mind raced "I need to figure out a way to talk to Bell and tell her we are retreating and taking care of the wounded and to get her sexy ass back here!"

Little did he know his thoughts were reaching Bell cutting through and straight into her mind. His voice sounded exactly as it did when he spoke but the sound came from inside of her head filling her conscious. He stared at her not knowing what was happening trying to convey to her to come back to him so they could get the hell out of there! He watched her board the van and sighed in relief running a hand through his hair and trying not to noticed just how much her safety mattered to him. He chalked it up to being out of the "romance" game for so long and tried to ignore the intense connection he felt to her.

Tried to being the key word there

"The humans can wait another day" Edward stressed helping Kitty into the back "get us out of here Jackie!"

Edward heard Serkalem's words and turned raising an eyebrow "Is now really the time to talk about that?" He asked eyeing her legs up and down before shaking his head "I told you when we get there we would have a place for you for all of you as soon as we get the wounded loaded up to be taken to base I can give you gusy a proper tour"

He pointed at the building coming up where a group of official looking ambulances were already parked. Jackie slid the car to a stop and got out leaning against the car and sucking in a ragged breath as Edward and the agents of the M.C.P tended to the wounded.

"Well that escalated quickly" He murmured looking at Lem and then at Bell "You okay beautiful?"
 
Last edited:
"And it was nice to see that you all aren't a bunch of frothing beasts," Serkalem offered, though she didn't take her hand. When Jackie slammed on the brakes, she lurched forward but caught her balance easily and stood. "I look forward to working with such an impressive warrior," she said honestly before she hopped from her perch on the roof to land lightly on the street.

She didn't go far, instead leaned on the hood of the van to watch Edward work. Lem was a sucker for a man in charge, of course it helped that he was impossibly handsome with his light blue eyes and dark hair meticulously slicked back. Well it wasn't so meticulous now after the fight but still the shaggy appearance did him well. She found herself staring at him, her gaze trained on his back as moved around shouting orders.

'We'll talk, as soon as you get your humans settled, you'll want me alone.'

It was an unconcious action, the use of her glamour and Serkalem mumbled a curse under her breath. It had been a while since she'd had any and now she was throwing herself at the first thing she saw. This wasn't like her, not like her at all. But there was something about this human. Something that she wanted.
 
Edward breathed out a sigh of relief watching as the last of the wounded agents were secure. He debated about going with them but decided against it after all he still had four or five potentially rouge assets to keep a hold on. They needed to get settled and he still had to show them all where they were going to be living at (if they wanted to) and debrief them. He would get information on his agents later when he wasn't so preoccupied.

With both his new assignment and one certain vampire female

He cleared his throat shaking the thoughts of his head "Come on Kitty this is where you guys will be set up at" He said kindly touching her shoulders and going toward the house waiting on the others.
 
Just like a vamp. Bell thought as she drew her hand back. But when the car halted, the Vampriss's words smacked her suprised and she couldn't help but smile. She's not just a strong vampire, she's a strong woman. Bell thought as she jumped to the ground before the doors started opening. She blushed once again, a habit she was intent on figuring out how to control around Jackie, and gave a curt not. "I'm fine, but i have something we have to deal with asap.
HAWK!" The Harpie came out of the back of the other van carrying the bitten survivor over his shoulder. Bell walked over to Emma and without a word socked her right in the mouth. Her beta glared at her, but opened her mouth to pull the loosened tooth and hand it over to her. She looked at the agent, Edward she thought his name was and got his attention.
"This man was part of the raid, and unfortunately, my beta bit him in a fit of rage." She held out the tooth to him. "Grind this up and mix it with, wormwood, absinth and holy water." She checked the unconscious man's eyes, mouth and breathing. "We have about 12 hours until he is forever a werewolf." She nodded at Hawk and he went to stand before the agent with a salute. "My man Hawk will help in any way he can. I have something i have to take care of." She turned to Jackie with a cocked hip and a smile. "Go get some rest. I'll be seeing you shortly."
----------------------------------------------------------------
"The HELL was that!?" She snarled at Emma. Pacing back and forth in front of her just around the corner of the building. Bell never openly shamed her pack or any other members of The Wranglers, but it had taken every cell of self control not to more than just knock a tooth out. Emma stood with her head bowed, sitting on her knees, and a tear hit her uniform. Causing bell to screech to a halt.
"God damn it." She said as she rubbed her forehead. "Emma, look, i know how the blood can make us do things we normally wouldn't do." She said as she crouched down and brushed the blond's hair out of the way. Emma had been turned only a year ago, and she had bonded with Dawson immediately. He had taught her how to control the blood rage that comes during a fight in wolf form, but sometimes the wolf won out, even Bell, the oldest in their pack, had trouble not seeing red sometimes. " She sighed as she hugged her Beta Close. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, and i'm sorry for not just asking for the tooth. But hun you have to be more careful." She lifted the young woman's head to look at her. "We're having to work with a new organization. we don't know what they will and won't tollerate. If i loose you..." She shook her head and pulled the girl up. "I will not loose my family, Em. No matter what you do, i'm by your side." She gave her a hug and Emma bawled on her shoulder for a moment before calming down enough to thank her and shifting to wolf form, stalking back to the group and sitting down to watch the activities, to ashamed to move before Dawson or Bell came to get her.
 
"I say just kill him" Jackie murmured shaking his had and looking at the infected enemy "Save us the trouble of having to baby sit him" He murmured watching Bell leaving and feeling the urge and itch to go after her. He didnt know why he felt such a connection to her but he could still feel the pull.

"I can have the agency pick him up and handle it" Edward said shaking his head and grabbing the infected rebel "and in return for not becoming an unholy bast I bet this Templar will spill some pretty juicy secrets" He said tossing him back onto the ground and pulling out his phone to call in the pickup.

"Templar?" Jackie asked "I thought that was a rumor"

"Oh there real all right" Edward murmured shaking his head and pocketing his phone "one of the reasons this team was formed was to deal with that particular headache" He explained leading them towards the inside of the building.

"In any case let's get you guys inside your friend Bryce has agreed to give us use of the upstairs as living quarters and his bar as a staging area"

"You coming Bell?" Jackie asked watching as every one disappeared inside and glancing at the other girl "Or are you busy?" He asked raising an eyebrow
 
Bell was walking back when she heard his voice again. She looked up and saw that this time she did hear it. She scratched behind her ear and moved forward.
"Dawson, Emma, With me." Both trotted along side one another in wolf form slightly behind Bell. With the way D kept looking over at Em, Bell could tell they were silently communicating mind to mind. Her grandmother always said bonded souls always found a way to communicate to one another in ways no one else understood and it had always puzzled her. She found herself looking at Jackie and Blushed before shaking her head.
"Just had to take care of something. Did i hear something about a Templar?"
 
"Yep" Jackie said shaking his head "apparently that rumor about the templars being reformed into a monster hunting society by some crazy ass priest were true..... I guess thats one of the reasons why we were brought in" He explained going inside with every one else.

"Don't know why he didn't just tell me that in the first place" Jackie thought unaware his thoughts were still being filtered into her mind "bad enough some one thinks they can hurt supernatural creatures but if they went after Bell...."
 
"Oh great, zealots," Lem said dismissively as she stretched and yawned a little. "There are always a few nutso, no matter where I've lived. Set me loose on their headquarters and I'll show them just what their God thinks of them using His name to do their dirty deeds."

In an instant her garrote was in her hand, swinging left to right, as she moved to where the MCP agents held the man. With a little smile at Edward she said, "I'd be more than willing to assist in the questioning if you like. I can't promise my hand won't get a little heavy though."
 
"Let the boss take care of him" Edward said smiling at her and shaking his head "I know how much she likes interrogations.... and it's always nice to get brownie points from the boss" He murmured shaking his head before opening the door to the bar "come on in guys" He said glancing at Lem one more time. What was it with that girl? and why was he so interested in her?

"Welcome to your new home" He said letting every one in and noticing Jackie and Bell. Seems he wasn't the only one feeling some thing for a team mate........

"If you want it to be that is" He said glancing over at them "We can make you work for us but we cant make you all live together"
 
As the words echo'd in her mind, Bell stumbled, her skin turned beat red and her ears shifted to wolf with a resounding *POP*. She quickly gained her composure but she couldn't make her ears shift back. With a quiet growl she just straightened her back and put on her cockiest smile. "Whoa there Lil' Red," She said with more conviction than she felt. "No need to protect the big bad wolf." She gave him a wink and kept moving forward to the bar to order a starburst. With this little revelation, she needed a sweet kick.
 
Last edited:
Mayna noticed how everyone took their own separate ways talking about what to do with the prisoner. Or whatever he was at this point. Listening in a few key points of the threat of zelots and such, she remembers hearing rumors about them as well. But, with a slight sigh she grabbed her backpack and followed them in, noticing the tavern and realizing she hasn't had breakfast... or lunch for that matter today.

With that, she slipped into the bar area and took a booth off into the corner thinking about the days events and wondering where this path will take her. It seemed as if the rest of this rag tag team were already buddies, as if they have known each other for years. Which made her thoughts wonder even more as to where she fits in with all this, why this MCP gang wanted her so much.

She sat looking over the menu while waiting for waiter to take her order.
 
"What the"

He starred at her and then shook his head a sudden blushing forming on his cheek "Wait you can hear my thoughts?" He thought to her narrowing his eyes as he took in the new information. He knew it wasn't any thing he was doing, he knew some mind reading spells but they always gave him a splitting head ache...... no this was some thing else some thing to do with her and him. He wanted to ask her about it but instead he followed her deciding to test out this new ability.

"So a bad ass warrior chick like you must have a mate" He thought as he glanced around the bar and tuned Edward out.

He did however notice Mayna waiting to make an order a fact which made him bite back a snort "Sorry my dear but the bar isn't open until later I know Bryce I doubt he is even in here"

Edward nodded before clearing his throat "we get our missions from the secure set up downstairs there is an armory downstairs and every thing you might need for a ops center living quarters are upstairs" He explained pointing at the staircase.
 
Last edited:
Emma and Dawson hung back from the rest, leaving it to their alpha to decide what to do. D had already given Emma some healing powder to put on her open gum, and she could now talk without any pain, soon a new tooth would grow and take the old one's place. She looked around the room and suddenly squeeled in delight, scaring the crap out of Dawson as she trotted over to the Kitsune.
"Ohhhhh my god! Is... is that a baby dragon!?" She said with giddiness and childlike wonder. she held back as to not crowd either of them, but her excitement was palpable.

"I guess so." She said as she glared in frustration. Instead she turned to look at Jackie. "Are you perhaps of Gypsy decent?" She thought, trying to see if he could hear her as well and side stepping his question. Emma's sudden outburst made her jump, but she settled back immediately.
"You'll have to excuse her. She's loved the tales of dragon's since she was a child."
 
Last edited:
"No not gypsy" He thought back to her pleased to see it was working both ways. He slid into the bar and nodded. The bartender knew him and quickly put down his favorite Italian liqueur Disarona on the rock. He took a appreciative sip and sighed in pleasure before turning to her and raising an eyebrow.

"We aren't like long lost twins or some thing right?" He thought wincing at that particular thought "because if so the things I have been wanting to do to you are extremely wrong"

"So boss" Jackie said out loud draining his glass and gesturing for another one "What's next? We get like super secret membership cards or some shit?"

"Nothing like that" He said shaking his head "I give you guys a communication watch that alerts you when your needed and then I go get my ass some rest"

"Wait your living here as well?" Jackie asked raising an eyebrow

"Some ones got to keep an eye on you all" Edward reminded him "I'm your handler remember?" He said glancing at Lem and resisting the urge to blush.
 
Lem took in her surroundings with her warrior's eye, taking not of all the exits, possible weapons, and problems with the bar. She didn't much care for places like this, though despite popular belief she did enjoy a good ale every now and then. Perhaps a glass or two of red wine, but she doubted there was anything worth her taste in stock.

She took note of Bell and Jackie, and marked their attraction to each other by a distinct raise in pheromones from both of them. That could be a problem she thought as she passed them, love could make a person irrational in battle but she reserved her judgement until it became an issue. She herself had fought alongside her general without so much as a hesitation so perhaps the lady alpha would be the same.

She turned at the sound of Edward's voice and noticed the color rise in his face as they caught eyes. "Rest huh," she said with a smirk. "Just as soon as you show me what you promised earlier."
 
Mayna growled slightly under breath at the thought of having to wait a bit longer to eat. Then was startled by the sudden squealing of an excited female, though she just laughed a little at the question.

"Yea, he .. or she, too young to tell yet.. seems to have adopted me. For now his name is Faelyth."

She looked up towards the other that apologized for the excited girl, but just smiled a little friendly smile.

"It's ok, he gets most of the attention in the park as well. I guess, one can say he's my partner in.... the show."

She almost said crime, but that's exactly what it is she does.. so she had to bite that back a bit.
 
Back
Top