Texas College shooting

Again, note that I'm not actually talking about taking away guns. I'm in the camp that for as much press as these things get they are still sufficiently rare that it's an "acceptable" cost. If things can bring down the numbers I'm all for it but I'm not one to just let people with bad arguments which is almost all of the pro-gun people go unchallenged.

Right on man...same reason I have been harping on the assault weapons ban...it's a pile of buu shit and I'll be damned if I don't get some lulz out of those trying to argue a 10 year fail train's merit.

lulz.jpg

You know this huge rash of campus shootings didn't start until after the 90' gun free zone act?...almost immediately the school shooting rate started to jump and by the mid 90's it went through the fucking roof. Before then spree shootings were pretty rare actually. It may seem counter intuitive but it created the absolutely picture perfect "come get your 15 min of fame" lure for the mentally insane...every single one of these major shootings takes place in a "gun free zone".

Just sayin'....according to the data the most consistent things all these super shootings have in common is that when crazy comes unhinged it heads for a "gun free zone"... maybe it's time we let that blatant and horrifically failed policy go.

Oh yes the public getting their warm fuzzy trumps all...you're right we will be keeping that fail around forever.
Establish a so-called "gun-free zone," and guess what?

You take a gun in there, and you're the only one with a gun.

You're fucking shooting fish in a barrel, and nobody can fight back.

"Gun-free zone" basically means "target area."

You know this huge rash of campus shootings didn't start until after the 90' gun free zone act?...almost immediately the school shooting rate started to jump and by the mid 90's it went through the fucking roof. Before then spree shootings were pretty rare actually. It may seem counter intuitive but it created the absolutely picture perfect "come get your 15 min of fame" lure for the mentally insane...every single one of these major shootings takes place in a "gun free zone".

Just sayin'....according to the data the most consistent things all these super shootings have in common is that when crazy comes unhinged it heads for a "gun free zone"... maybe it's time we let that blatant and horrifically failed policy go.

Oh yes the public getting their warm fuzzy trumps all...you're right we will be keeping that fail around forever.

No matter how many times you say it doesn't make you any less wrong. You need to educate yourself on some history & gun laws.

No matter how many times you say it doesn't make you any less wrong. You need to educate yourself on some history & gun laws.

Educate me then smart guy.

Gun free zone act 1990, compare how many spree shootings their are in the 10 years after vs. the 100 years prior. It's quite obvious the policy is a failure to except the most kool aid saturated nutters.

Name one that wasn't in a gun free zone....and I'll list you 100+ that were.

the purpose of a vehicle is to transport you/cargo from point A to point B with maybe some detours along the way. the fact it might also become a dangerous weapon is secondary.
a gun's purpose is to fire a projectile intended to hit something, all too often something living.
The main purpose of a handgun is to defend yourself from malice. Some people use them for sport shooting, similar to some people use cars for NASCAR.
Some whackos choose to go out and shoot others for fun.

you don't accidentally go into a campus, or a church, or a shopping mall and start shooting at people.
People don't "accidentally" decide to drive too fast for conditions, race people on public roads, tailgate, cut people off, text while driving, drink and drive, etc.
You'd have to be a complete moron to not know those things can result in someone's death. But we call them "accidents" so that seems to make it ok to people.

Educate me then smart guy.

Gun free zone act 1990, compare how many spree shootings their are in the 10 years after vs. the 100 years prior. It's quite obvious the policy is a failure to except the most kool aid saturated nutters.

Name one that wasn't in a gun free zone....and I'll list you 100+ that were.

Newton, Connecticut. Let's see your list of 100 that were.
Also, if you have data on how many "spree" shootings there were prior to 1990 I'd like to see that too.

The main purpose of a handgun is to defend yourself from malice. Some people use them for sport shooting, similar to some people use cars for NASCAR.
Some whackos choose to go out and shoot others for fun.

People don't "accidentally" decide to drive too fast for conditions, race people on public roads, tailgate, cut people off, text while driving, drink and drive, etc.
You'd have to be a complete moron to not know those things can result in someone's death. But we call them "accidents" so that seems to make it ok to people.

Whoever said it was ok or legal to do any of that?

it's a relief that the numbers of injured remained as low as it did.

it's surely gonna freak out plenty of people attending that college, though. it's not unrealistic to expect a place of education to be a place of relative safety, where concerns should only be about the material being studied and exams being taken in a gun-free zone.

so Texas has a debate or something coming up soon, about whether guns should be allowed on such sites . . . is this event likely to strengthen either side's position?

There is not going to be any debate. In America, we have the right to return fire and any shooting incident which features gun firing in opposing directions is simply confirmation of this right. This is an important freedom and we will not tolerate any threat to our right to shoot back.

In keeping with this principle, those who in engage in public shoot-outs will now be called "Freedom Fighters" and those wounded in the cross fire will no longer be considered "innocent victims", and will be labeled "Wounded Warriors."

And still no children were injured...even though the AP went out of their way trying to find one. The youngest they could find was a 19 year old...an adult by anyone's standards.

Blown all out of proportion by a the Obama media.

And still no children were injured...even though the AP went out of their way trying to find one. The youngest they could find was a 19 year old...an adult by anyone's standards.

Blown all out of proportion by a the Obama media.

Because it doesn't matter if the innocent bystander is an adult? They deserved what they got?

As far as I know Utah is the only state that has schools not covered under the gun free zone act and that is only at universities.

Newton was a gun free zone.

Permit holders are allowed to carry at schools in Connecticut.

That it wasn't a gun free zone.
Have your list of 100 schools ready?

All CT schools are "gun free zones" under the law....we all know they actually aren't...which is what makes the law so fucking funny. All states have exceptions to this law....but all schools are "gun free zones" except for Utah bro.

Last edited:
it's a relief that the numbers of injured remained as low as it did.

it's surely gonna freak out plenty of people attending that college, though. it's not unrealistic to expect a place of education to be a place of relative safety, where concerns should only be about the material being studied and exams being taken in a gun-free zone.

so Texas has a debate or something coming up soon, about whether guns should be allowed on such sites . . . is this event likely to strengthen either side's position?

debates? more texans will arm themselves on college campuses - law or no law - and the death penalty will most likely be pursued by the DA. case closed.

All CT schools are "gun free zones" under the law....we all know they actually aren't...which is what makes the law so fucking funny.

"Gun Free Zone" applies to students and staff. Paranoid schizophrenics are not covered by gun control statutes.

Back