New Poetry Recommendations

twelveoone said:
nah, tooo normal for me

just joining the shout for lexitopoi

speaking of twisted thoughts and
"something is moving in a way I have not seen..."


The Sound of Gravity by Bill Dada

way back when, before Roger Waters, there was Syd Barrett...
I like what Dada do do
barf and all

I too would like to join in the shout for lexitopoi and vampiredust. Both of them are coming out the gate kicking ass.

Hey, thanks for the kind words for The Sound of Gravity . Wasn't Syd Barrett the one that ended up in the looney bin. Let's see, so you are saying I'm fucking crazy...sounds good to me. From one barf lover to another.
 
New Poems of Thursday January 19, 2006

There are 16 new submissions on this January day, and as is my wont, I start off with a non-erotic "spinner" from the archives.

Today's Blast from the Past:
This work was posted in June of 2002, and I found the poem by Judo on the third spin. This prolific poet of the past joined Literotica in April of 2001 and posted most of her work in '02 and '03. During her active days she was a daily poster on the poetry forum and always had something of interest or value to say. If I remember correctly, she said something about her life changing when she left (or at least stopped being very active), but I could be wrong; it is just as likely that she outgrew her audience. Judo was (and probably still is somewhere) a voice of talent. If you read her poems chronologically you can see her stretch and grow. (MET please note the errors in this poem) Fortunately (unlike so many others) she has left her work here so that you can go see for yourself. Reading Judo would be a worthwhile exercise for any of our newer poets who are really interested in learning and improving their poetic voice. (After you have finished reading Judo Jenson's words, your next assignment will be to read Senna Jawa in entirety and show where he makes mistakes and thus doesn't know anything about poetry at all!) ;)

Baby Chihuahua's Mommy

inspired by LickMyBoots' Rearview Mirror Theatre

Shiny purple glasses --
More like goggles,
Distracts the stray gray.
A Silk scarf hides the neck.

High-booted walking geometry
Covering sidewalks
Like a queen watches a parade.

Chin held high,
Perfect hair,
Beverly Hills nose,
And the the nostrils held - even higher

A Gucci bag
Dangles from the Gucci dress
Which covers the Gucci body
holding up the Gucci soul.

Her projection of
Pretention personified frowns
As my black car makes
The crosswalk

In front of her.
***

Sapphos Sister leads the list today with a nicely constructed and titled poem: Eating the Peach. I think that this is a very good example of how to write eroticism that is not crap. Would that all poetry (erotic and non) on Lit were this good. :rose:
I also recommend that you read Every Love by the same author. This one has an interesting rhyme scheme. - I will be looking for more work by this fairly new Literotica poet. Talent is always welcome.

***

Next to be mentioned is another writer whose work would be worth studying by any new and aspiring poet. The first two poems recommended today are structured rhyming poems. This one is a fine example of quality free verse, and the writer has become a "must read". So go do it and enjoy TheRainMan's
Tumbleweeds

I skitter across the heat of lonely towns
like a drop on a skillet, stopping only
to smooth myself out in bars
with strings of women
who don’t tie themselves
to lives like mine. There was a time
. . .
:rose:

***

Finally,
lobomao has three new poems today, two erotic and one non. If you like alliteration and word play you may want to give a read to longing together and then also recall and once upon

***

standard fishy disclaimer:
Taste is always an individual thing so there certainly may be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
Well, I asked for it. And now I'm asking for help!

I opened the new poems closet and was promptly buried in an avalanche of some 50 or 60 poems! I'm going to start at the bottom and work my way up, but it is going to take awhile and I have other work I have to get done today. If anyone wants to start on top and work your way down, I would welcome the assistance.

:rose:
 
flyguy69 said:
Well, I asked for it. And now I'm asking for help!

I opened the new poems closet and was promptly buried in an avalanche of some 50 or 60 poems! I'm going to start at the bottom and work my way up, but it is going to take awhile and I have other work I have to get done today. If anyone wants to start on top and work your way down, I would welcome the assistance.

:rose:
I've read most of them. I'll start with the illustrated ones. Well, I should say, I'll return with the illustrated ones.

I will say that there is a wickedeve poem--my poem--on the list today. There. It's mentioned. No more comments needed on this thread. It's going to be removed and taken back into the shop. ;)

eve
 
flyguy69 said:
Well, I asked for it. And now I'm asking for help!

I opened the new poems closet and was promptly buried in an avalanche of some 50 or 60 poems! I'm going to start at the bottom and work my way up, but it is going to take awhile and I have other work I have to get done today. If anyone wants to start on top and work your way down, I would welcome the assistance.

:rose:

oh boy see what happens when you ask questions?
:cool:

I would help but the kids have no school today. They are in their room with the lights out and a variety of glowing, flashing, bouncing objects flying around, I had to get out of there fast.
 
annaswirls said:
oh boy see what happens when you ask questions?
:cool:

I would help but the kids have no school today. They are in their room with the lights out and a variety of glowing, flashing, bouncing objects flying around, I had to get out of there fast.
Maybe it wasn't the New Poems closet-- maybe I opened your boys' bedroom door.



Thanks for the hand, Eve.
 
Friday

17 illustrated poems, today. Wow!

One by Arden titled Nightfall

This poet offers six images. The first three appear to have a nice watercolor effect added. I found the poem to be somewhat verbose, but still, it's a nice enough effort. I believe the poet put quite a bit of time into this work.

----------

SelenaKittyn gives us four illustrated poems. Each illustration has the look of those cute, little, fridge word-magnets.
Intimate Communion
Radiant Feminine
She
Valentine

-----------

Two by Sexxxy Vixen:
A cinquain (syllables of first and last lines are off) titled Leaves
And Duck Haiku

----------

Boxlicker 101 brings us My New Throne You may want to check this out if you have a hankering to read lines like "Old Archie Bunker used to be a famous bigot on TV."

----------

Three illustrated poems by Decayed Angel:
Confessional I found this one to be visually appealing.
Etched in Stone Nice pairing of image and poetry.
and late at night

-----------

Two by Goldeniangel
Warrior Inside and Seeing Myself

Both poems not bad. Interesting photo with Seeing Myself.

----------

precious by 4degrees
Nice background image. Good poem. Give it a read.

----------

Purrfectly Perfect
by RedHairedandFriendly ©
This poem gets cute cat points.

-----------

Tagged
by LostNlove ©
The words are on a plain, grey background, with a simple graphic in one corner. I do appreciate the simplicity.

-----------

A gorgeous Flower in Bloom by LuciousBi-Writes4U
Lovely image. Nice poem.

----------

The last three illustrated poems on the list are by bearlee. All have nice, understated images.
Haiku-Sustainer of Life
Haiku-Hazey Illusions
Haiku-Eyes of Two
 
Here are some worth reading.

Right off the top (or the bottom, depending on where you start), neonurotic spies a guy as hot as he is (fat chance!) in I can't stop staring. You won't be able to stop reading.

New poet coi shares her anguish in disturbed. You may have seen this one on the boards-- it contains some wonderful images, even if it belabors them a tad.

lexitopoi takes Flight with a story of derision.

More to some? We'll see.
 
Last edited:
Some engaging word play in lobomao's wet spot. Get through the first strophe to find the good stuff.

Bust a gut laughing along with Stepandfetchit in Honey, I'm home. Silly, but fun.

Then take a Time Break(s) with champagne1982. Just relax. Let yourself go. To and fro.

A wonderful first offering from clutching_calliope asks what will they say of us? A poem that feels like good wine on the tongue. Anyone know what "colliery" means? Without googling?

I've got go soak my eyeballs awhile.
 
Last edited:
I was closer to the end than I realized, thanks to Eve pushing the further shore nearer!

Two from a poet that disappeared for 3 years: SadisticFucker offers Summer Seduction Series (the better of the two) as a tight and wry look inside her mind.

Finally, one I can't, apparently, mention. If one was to click here one might find a well-written little piece about a fascinating news item from last week.

That, combined with Eve's review of the illustrated poetry, covers the list. As always, these views represent only my own jaded perspective so if there are other new poems you like and want to recommend, please do so.
 
flyguy69 said:
Finally, one I can't, apparently, mention. If one was to click here one might find a well-written little piece about a fascinating news item from last week.

Well, I will
johannas pope by WickedEve

Welcome back, get the rubber gloves and the body bags out :nana:
100, but then I'm just a fan,
Oh, and welcome back to New Poems Review.
 
I think three new poets appeared yesterday that deserve everyone's attention. Two have been been mentioned already in the above reviews ( Coi ) and ( clutching calliope ).

A third was missed in the avalanche of new poetry, and has another attractive poem posted today.

Go see for yourself: Sara Crewe

:rose:
 
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 21, 2006

21 gun salute; 21 poems today.
a couple 'poems' have been mentioned that I would also recommend so to save time, I'll just say thanks for the help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Moment by Shadow_Kyss critics would point out a list of grammar ...'no nos', but beyond that... this 'poet' relays some great points about marriage and the love between two as one waits for love from another for work and time tend to take away from a relationship, I found the poet relayed their feelings 'nicely' while touching a topic very well. A diamond in the 'ruff' you might say.

'excerpt'
Money that feeds your family,
Money that starves your family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She Is by bluerains

excerpt;

She walks with grace upon petals of gaia
and her voice lulls raging seas;
She might be fooled by northern larks
singing on his stained silver moon.

I am un-sure if mystical is the correct word but bluerains writes some mind gripping poetry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Best Cat Ever by ScribeofErised Not only is the 'poem' touching it is the way the 'poet's' words unraveled as well, cat lovers and pet lovers will enjoy this write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Touch of Dawn by LuciousBi_Writes4U

I enjoy rhyme so I enjoyed this poem in more ways than one <grin>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A medium size list of poems came and shined on our Saturday, there are some really good ones, so read/vote/comment in a polite mannar and have a great weekend.
 
Wittgenstein's Cage
by bogusbrig ©

She was right, she was always right
She had diplomas to prove it
A head full of theories at her convenience
To rationalize away her moral doubts
And to dispel her guilt


excerpts of what others had to say about this poem:
"complexly put"

"I think you have the foundation for a powerful statement."

"the tragedy of dealing with a person who's world is language"

Read and add your own comments.

----------

Taking up Space
by Maria2394 ©

The daffodils I planted before rehab,
have bloomed four seasons in a row.


What a shame it would have been to overlook this poem. It's quite brief and will take only a minute of your time to read and comment. :)

----------

garden gate speaks ( to gardener)
by Maria2394 ©

but it is time
to let the garden rest. Just one request
before you go, please don’t oil my hinges.

I’ve earned every grate and squeak,


Wonderful poem, Maria. The lines I quoted above are my favorite.
 
Still reading and found some more good poetry.

Split Rail
by Sara Crewe ©

She looks past wooden rails
and runs fingers along the grain
to convince herself smooth
fences mean no harm.
 
Last edited:
I'd like to put in a word for Various Valentines by LittleMinna.

I don't know if it's prose poetry or s-f flash fiction or both. But whatever it is, it's imaginative, captivating and very cool.
 
WickedEve said:
Wittgenstein's Cage
by bogusbrig ©



Taking up Space
by Maria2394 ©

What a shame it would have been to overlook this poem. It's quite brief and will take only a minute of your time to read and comment. :)



garden gate speaks ( to gardener)
by Maria2394 ©

.

I would like to second these, and talk a little about this one:

Taking up Space
by Maria2394 ©
First it is a poem newcomers should read, very simple let very original, it does alot with very little words.
And it is one of those few poems that bother me, for two reasons. One, it is seems near perfect but not quite right. It may be minor technical issues, it may not be, because more importantly it is one of those that you don't so much carry around with you, but rather it grows into you. One of the few, for me.
 
Monday starts with

an array of
Kumquaits ....one went missing ..has anyone seen else been stealing Jim's fruit...
congrats on your E with this bit of produce tease...
Produce Man
by dorksicle ©

*************

her breath is definatly off balance in her waking hours of pleasure with ...
Rapture
by Sexxy Vixen ©

***************
Lobomao has 3 mind thought pens today >I always enjoy reading his work..
this one reminded me of one I wrote about a tattered little box of memory
and he makes one wonder why should we carry those boxes around under our beds anyway...nice touch...ty
legends and lies
by lobomao ©

*****************
Stopped by MET and his mind of vixens ..sounds like he is spending alot of time in the mindfields these days.. ;)
mental fuck
by My Erotic Tale ©


thats all I have time for today...kick in anyone there are many more poets to view...peace/blue
 
Last edited:
I'll second that...

bluerains said:
Stopped by MET and his mind of vixens ..sounds like he is spending alot of time in the mindfields these days.. ;)
mental fuck
by My Erotic Tale ©


thats all I have time for today...kick in anyone there are many more poets to view...peace/blue

I'd have to second this one... LOL
Arty's thoughts of "the Thougts" of we sex writers that we just can't get out of our head...not until we give into them and let our minds go and be mentally fucked and then write it all out! LOL ;)

really liked this one!
 
Here's a newer poem from KR that's already undergone a major revision, Quarry. If you missed (or even read it before), take another look. It's still on the first "page" of the New Poems List, so that was a fast revision!
 
***Well, Poets. I think it took me over an hour to do this even though there wasn't a lot of poems to take a looksy at. I've gotten slow since I last did reviews, sorry for the wait folks, but welcome to Tuesday anyway.


Vertical Blinds and A Key West Saturday by Decayed Angel - These poems and where I'm doing this review; I can't so if someone has the chance, listen and tell me if you liked it or not.

The Fox and Deconstructing Winter by vampiredust - This poet is new to me. I've read a few of vampiredust's poems and feel the stark-reality-no-holding-punches type of language he uses. Bottom line, I like his work.

Man Ray laments about a familiar feeling/moment in life.

ameliorate by Coi - Another new poet on the board. She brings today a strong concrete vignette-like poem for us to view.

Che Lives! by bogusbrig - Strong showing from bogusbrig. Here's the punchline:
'Capitalist Pig!'

I saluted the old revolutionary and observed
The Victorian brick was in need of graffiti
A declaration of my discontent
But I no longer fight and passively accept
My electronic trinkets and new winter coat
Che's portrait is 'cool' according to my daughter
A decorative wall hanging with Warhol depth
Too Much Player Piano by DeepAsleep - I know I'm corny for saying this, but I don't give a rat's ass. I haven't seen this poet's work for awhile so I'll say the line that pops into my head while reading this poem's title: Play it again. Welcome back to the fold ~DA, stick around for awhile; people like your work.
bar's hot enough to wring sweat from
black hearted eightballs
too fast too loud too much
too tired to think straight

draped on a stool
i am damp laundry and
half drunk pitcher beer
Don't miss these poems: Raping of a Soul by RedHairedandFriendly, Minor Accidents by AuthorityGriffith, and In Praise of Blondes by LeBroz.


** That's it for my review. Everyone get out there and participate. Read, comment and vote, if that's what you do. Take it EZ!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top