comma splice

I think you need to meet a better class of writers.
Alas, I'm here at LIT so it's a crap shoot.

Who writes professionally? Reporters, advert copywriters, magazine writers, pundits-preachers-propagandists, songwriters, cookbook authors, travelogue churners, lawyers, and relatively few storytellers, many of whom write for comix and flix and other ephemeral entertainments.

A better class of people? Even botanists have knock-down-drag-outs.

I'm writing about people eating each other's cum, and often their own. I'll put comma splices wherever they please me; and they so often please me.

I'm writing about people eating each other's cum, and often their own. I'll put comma splices wherever they please me; and they so often please me.

Ouch. You've got a semicolon splice (pretty sure that's not the actual name of it, but it's all I can think of) in there, where a comma ought to be.

Ouch. You've got a semicolon splice (pretty sure that's not the actual name of it, but it's all I can think of) in there, where a comma ought to be.

Actually, that should probably be an ellipses, I'm just crazy that way, a free thinker. But it definitely shouldn't be a comma.

Nqupq.jpg

Actually, that should probably be an ellipses, I'm just crazy that way, a free thinker. But it definitely shouldn't be a comma.

Not an ellipsis. Maybe a dash. A comma would be grammatically correct, because you have two independent clauses joined by the conjunction "and." But it wouldn't look or sound ideal.

Back