[IdeaLog] New Moon, Scales, Ink

Oblimo

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Posts
4,273
There’s a story I’ve been wanting to write for years, but I don’t think I have the taletelling know-how to pull it off, so I guess I’ll write it up as a Story Idea.

Our hero is a tattoo artist who has just set up his own parlor. One night, the night of the New Moon to be exact, in walks into his shop the mystery woman. She’s dressed to the nines in classic high-class barely repressed sexuality, severe hair bun and glasses, you know the type.

Anyway, she presents to him a scale, as if it fell off a snake. The scale is crazy-big, like a thumbnail, and rainbow iridescent. The mystery woman wants Our Hero to tattoo its image on her. All over her. She wants her entire body from the neck down covered in tattoos of these scales.

That alone is peculiar enough, but she layers on conditions: he must complete the tattoo of an entire scale before moving on to another one — no outlining — he has to organically grow the tattoo — no jumping around her body.

And he has to start in the middle of the sole of her left foot.

Which is just stupid. The ink of the tattoo on the sole of the foot will just “fall out.” She insists and he takes her money against his better judgement.

There’s some footsy stuff (she of course has perfect porcelain feet) and Odd Couple interaction between Our Hero and mystery woman while he completes the scale, and she leaves.

She doesn’t come back until the next New Moon, and the tattoo against Our Hero’s expectation takes just fine. So begins the process of Our Hero gradually tattooing scales up the mystery woman’s legs.

She only shows up in the parlor during the New Moon, so this job could last *years*.

Our Hero is feeling the sexual tension. He’s also starting to have dreams about snake women. He gets the impression that the mystery woman is taking what they are doing extremely seriously and intimately; she calls him “my magician” in one of their charged conversations. He worries she actually thinks he’s transforming her. He’s convinced that by the time he starts working on the delta of her legs, he’s going to go bugfuck.

The climax of the story is Our Hero’s confession/supplication and their making love in his parlor at the dead of the New Moon night. The action is pretty phantasmagorical. When he is about to peak, he has a vision of her with the eyes of a snake and wicked fangs, with which she bites his throat. Venom burns into him as he achieves release and of course it’s lights out.

He awakens the next morning and she is gone. (Will probably leave a couple of the rainbow scales). He never sees her again.

The final scene is Our Hero’s reminiscing while putting the final touches on a dragonfly tattoo on a girl’s shoulder. The journey with the mystery woman lasted years, and what did he have to show for it? He sighs, his breath caressing the fresh dragonfly tattoo.

Which then thrums its wings and flits off the girl’s shoulder. End of story.

Does it have potential?
 
Back
Top