Bitching about Boston

My daughter is graduating from college, so I like every other parent in the universe will be descending upon Boston this weekend.

I lived in Boston for 3 years at the turn of the millennium, so I sorta know what I’m doing.
 
Soupy, sticky, hot day in Boston.

Sweating, uncomfortable, and grouchy Boston police were not in the mood to tolerate nonsense and disturbance.


The Far Right Extremists chose this day to yell about gun rights. Shouting about free speech for racists was not controversial, enough.


There were no big news teams to give them attention, because there was no crowd marching against racism and inequality.

Same twerps that cried injustice, when Boston spent a mint to keep them from whining.

:rolleyes:

Yes, they are racists. They are trying to import violence and hatred from the other coast. They seem enjoy making trouble in college towns.


They were outnumbered, and out-shouted by counter-protesters.

Try sowing evil seeds in Boston.

*tip of the hat, to Boston dot com
 
Franklin county and Hampshire county

NOW

Tornado warning
weak rotation

straight line winds are dangerous

East slope of Berkshires

Interstate 91

Anywhere near
Sunderland
East Sunderland
Amherst
Deerfield
Hatfield
 
Cell at Four Corners
headed for Hamden county in MA

MA storms will follow

NH warnings expired


Three tornado warnings issued in northern New Hampshire on Monday have expired.

The warnings were issued for parts of Grafton, Coos and Carroll counties from 3 to 4:30 p.m.

The warnings were issued for parts of Grafton, Coos and Carroll counties from 3 to 4:30 p.m


Affected communities included Conway, Waterville Valley, Albany, Twin Mountain, Mountain Lakes, Easton, Lincoln and Woodstock.

http://www.wmur.com/article/heat-ad...soar-into-90s-severe-storms-possible/21590562
 
The yuppies bought condo apartments, and rehabbed spaces. Wealthy law students moved into the neighborhood. The Italian North End was nibbled at.

The distinctive individuality persisted because of age old family lines that owned and operated the local stores and cafes. Some new upstarts, but peace was made.

Now, an insult. The North End does not contain corporate owned franchised chains.

The city of Boston disturbed the famer's market and disturbed business in the nearby shops for years. Now that everything near Government Center has been renovated, some peace and quiet ?

Starbucks wants to take advantage.


North End businesses fight proposed Starbucks in new video

Vimeo- "The Last Little Italy"


The historic North End is a small area. The city of Boston supports of great many politicians, so tax money must flow in, to provide for their salaries and their exoensive perks. Who knows how much money Gov.Charlie Baker is exporting, in order to keep Boston from becoming frozen out. We are not part of Trumplandia, but we have plenty of racist lunk-heads that want to turn back the clock.

Boston was founded nearly 400 years, ago. Something is always falling apart. We are losing the skyline, because there are more exploiters, than ever. We were arse-raped by Vornado the Tornado because we are an over-sized town, and not a massive corporation. Cannot afford to be caught up in a court case for years. The schools are suffering, as it is. Everyone wants to enjoy a luxurious lifestyle, and live a private celebrity's life.

What has changed ? The rules have changed. Now Boston has people living in castles, earning 1,000 times as much, as the learned guild person. The only people that are wealthy enough to own something worthwhile, are not people. They are corporations. The corporations are fewer in number, but they own everything. Trump pushed it over the limit. He gave the mega-corporations all of America's wealth.

Now, we the people, have empty pockets.

Not good for us, not good for the North End.
 
New Tornado Alley East provided a bothersome morning commute. Red, red, red, on the weather map. Better than black, pink, and orange.

Weather front is big. (Not enormous.) 10:00

Tornado Alley East Minor is providing the splashing. Mostly yellow on the map for Boston with just a bit of red.

A very wet day, all the way up to NH

olde Bedford, not New Bedford is getting a downpour
 
We are paying the price for ignoring our good Boston principle. Everything in moderation. Nothing should have been made taller than the 496ft Custom House Tower, and they should have left room for nature.

Yes, we have the Public Park and Boston Common, but do not let greedy developers pretend it is comparable to Central Park. Nature is living on a postage stamp sized spot. It should not be ringed with empty condo mountains, that are tax dodges for the excessively wealthy. The greed of 2018 is inviting suffocation.


But, still, I will never understand the day the thermometer read 104F. The city was a furnace that day. But, it was not wet. This aberration was centered on the abdication of those in Washington DC, for the responsibility of the Wall St. Crash of 2007-2008.

Boston does not usually have a steam bath with fire works.


Trying to breathe soup is a Southern torment, recently (past 10 years) sent North. The tradition was to have a couple or a few hazy, sweaty days in August. To teach children about "dog days."

We had an aberration during the Wall St. real estate bubble, of the 1980's. The whole country was convinced that everyone should throw their money away on Wall St. stocks, as if it were the lottery. It rained, drizzled, sprinkled, every fucking day, for the whole summer.

Today, the rain is centered at New Tornado Alley East. Nothing abnormal. Just the usual thunderstorms and showers. A welcome break, from the misery shared with the rest of the country.
 
Was a good soaking. But, some towns South of Boston were centered on the bulls eye target. Rowdy lightning and winds from the storms damaged houses, and floods. Mini mansions were wrecked.

The pyromaniacs are still shooting off leftover fireworks from Florida, or from up North.
 
The Eurocentric miniature arrondissement of Boston's choice of neighborhoods, will be car-less from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m today. I have not been there, in ages.

I would love to sit and sip, and count the increase in joggers. The odor of fresh sweat with brunch. *snerk*
 
Why ?

This-

Boston Landmarks Orchestra
DCR Hatch Memorial Shell
Charles River Esplanade, Boston


July 11, 2018 6:00-8:00pm
“Season Tune-Up”


Join us at the Hatch Shell one week before the concerts begin for an evening of family fun and musical games. Try out real orchestral instruments at our largest “Musical Playground” ever, practice your conducting skills at the “Maestro Zone” to recordings of some favorite classics, get your face painted, and enjoy exhibits from our friends at the Boston Children’s Museum, Knucklebones, the Beat Bus, and more.
 
Yes, of course there are tornado warnings at the New Tornado Alley East.

They are watching for rotation.


Modern feast or famine version of rain. Backslide to gentle summer rain just once. You get floods, or you get drought. New rules.
 
Summer green growth js not always kind.


Craving naked sex, in the woods ?

Look, before you strip!

Wander lust may lead you into a new danger.

Alex Childress had been working a summer landscaping job in Spotsylvania, Virginia, when he came into contact with giant hogweed last week.


Initially, the 17-year-old thought he had sunburn, but became concerned the problem may be more serious as skin began peeling off his face later that evening.

His mother, Chrissy, is a nurse and suspected the plant was cause of the irritation, taking him to hospital where he was later transferred to a specialist burns



Giant hogweed is phototoxic, meaning it increases sensitivity to ultraviolet light, causing third degree burns on skin and even permanent blindness when its sap comes into contact with a person’s eyes.


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-poisonous-effects-toxic-plant-a8450226.html

Good pics of hogweed-


What Is Giant Hogweed?


The Invasive Plant Can Cause Severe Burns and Blisters



The toxic plant sent one Virginia teen to the hospital with second- and third-degree burns.

JUL 13, 2018


https://www.menshealth.com/health/a22140557/giant-hogweed/
 
The severe storms started in NH, this morning.

Strong Thunderstorms Sweeping Across Connecticut; Tornado Warning Issued For Windham County

http://www.courant.com/weather/

New Hampshire has casual attitude

https://patch.com/new-hampshire/salem-nh/nh-thunderstorm-alert-issued-tornado-possible

A bit unusual

Firefighters and public work crews broke the trunks down with chainsaws and lifted branches off of wires.

"It's kind of spooky how it just hit this area, said Leslie Bullock, who lives on North Bay Street. "It all happened really fast."

Just a few blocks away, on Maple Street, the wind damage wasn't as bad but several backyards were flooded. It's a common occurrence during big storms, resident Dave Scannell said, but the street filled particularly quickly on Tuesday.

It was "about 28 minutes from the first rain drop u til the street flooded," he said.

http://www.unionleader.com/weather/...ed-as-severe-storms-roll-through-nh--20180717
 
Fireflies/Lightning bugs are plentiful this Summer. Dr. Suess trees are flowering, with fluffy pink fuzzy blooms. Beach plums are ready to ripen. The developers are about to attack the postage stamp-sized nature preserve.

I have the idea that my back yard may be hosting displaced creatures.
 
July 20, 2018

Another victim claimed by Wild Parsnip


"Wild parsnip is an invasive species commonly found in North America. It looks like a tall plant with yellow flowers and often grows around fields, lawns, and roadsides."


Wild parsnip, or Pastinaca sativa, can grow up to five feet tall and has grooved stems and yellow-green compound leaves that look like large celery leaves. It also has small yellow flowers clustered at the top, but these only bloom during the summer after one year of growth.


Even the flowering plant isn't always easy to identify and it may be confused with other flowering plants like Queen Anne's lace, which is harmless...

The victim got burns from the plant before it flowered!


https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/carolinekee/vermont-woman-burned-wild-parsnip-plant
 
As is usual, a MA town was in the bullseye, and targeted by a tornado, inside Tornado Alley East. Nearby towns suffered damage from severe storms. Not far away from Springfield, MA.

Classic freight train noise was heard, while it tore down trees and damaged houses, in Western MA.

Micro-burst ?


NOAA will be giving a report.
 
Screaming Swifties

Gillette Stadium will be busy.

26, 27, 28

She has come a long way, since CSI in 2009

Storm blew through, and her fans had a pleasant evening.

Stadium parking lots will open at 3 p.m. and costs $40 cars and motorcycles and $150 for buses, RVs and limos. All lots close two hours after the end of the concert

Mom and dad escorting the younglings to see her. Her newest creations are really not for younglings...
 
What is occurring, up North at the cabin ?

Severe Thunderstorm Warning


228 PM EDT Sat Jul 28 2018

... A strong thunderstorm will affect northwestern Rockingham...
southwestern Strafford and southeastern Merrimack counties...

At 228 PM EDT, a strong thunderstorm was located near Hooksett, or 7
miles north of Auburn, moving northeast at 20 mph.

Winds in excess of 30 mph and pea size hail are possible with this
storm.

Locations impacted include...
Northwood, Hooksett, Barrington, Epsom, Raymond, Bow, Lee,
Allenstown, Deerfield, Candia, Chichester, Nottingham, Pembroke,
Strafford and Pittsfield.

This includes Interstate 93 between mile markers 29 and 34.

Lat... Lon 4303 7143 4315 7153 4334 7113 4310 7097
time... Mot... loc 1828z 244deg 16kt 4311 7139

Issued: 2:58 PM EDT Jul. 28, 2018 – National Weather Service


National Weather Service in Gray Maine has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
northwestern Rockingham County in southern New Hampshire...
southwestern Strafford County in central New Hampshire...

* until 345 PM EDT.

* At 257 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Epsom, or 8
miles southwest of Northwood, moving east at 10 mph.

Hazard... 60 mph wind gusts and penny size hail.

Source... radar indicated.

Impact... expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
Northwood, Barrington, Epping, Epsom, Newmarket, Raymond, Lee,
Deerfield, Candia, Nottingham and Strafford.


https://www.wunderground.com/US/NH/013.html?hdf=1
 
It seems that Turner Maine was on the dartboard on Friday


NWS Gray
@NWSGray
Official Twitter Account for National Weather Service Portland/Gray, Maine.
Details (link: http://weather.gov/twitter) weather.gov/twitter


WS Gray

@NWSGray
Severe Thunderstorm Warning including Laconia NH, Franklin NH, Tilton Northfield NH until 5:30 PM
 
Back
Top