Single Author Flooding BDSM?

Yay, I'm back in the recent stories list. :)

But really this unseemly episode should never have happened. Why did Literotica flood their own story list? Not as if they're ever short of stories.

It seems to be a democratic "first in/first served" submission policy here. Wouldn't want to mess with that unless an across-the-board maximum number of submissions in a given time was instituted, which would seem fine to me.

On the "never should have happened" front, are you proposing that the Web site should vet the legitimate ownership of each story before it posts? That would certainly cut down a whole hell of a lot on how many stories could post in a day. This worked as best as can be expected, I think. The stories were reported by someone, apparently Laurel investigated, and then action the Web site deemed appropriate was taken.
 
LC68 - there's a lot in what you say I agree with pretty much completely; there are a lot of people in that forum who know everything about everything; even I wouldn't be so bold as to pretend I do!!!

Yeah and I think I'm a BDSM snob too.

Haven't much gone back there or stuck stories there for much the same reasons that you pointed to...


I'm assuming that by 'porn' you mean 'stuff that is ONLY done for money...?' Or, MERELY exploitational...?

Porn to me is art that is done by someone with a stack of time on their hands and which tries to go beyond the standard sexual material because they are already bored with that because they do so much of it in rl. Porn to me is what highly sexually active, almost dissolute people indulge themselves about in order to try and amuse themselves.

I've heard some people I really respect talk about porn as problematic because it avoids real personal connection too much... And that, certainly, does describe a certain, very common type of porn, though not all 'porn.'

What I mean by porn is a story focusing purely and solely on the sex acts, the bondage, the spankings/canings....with nothing leading up to.

As I said, true BDSM games begin and are enjoyed int the mind. Its not stroker material or shouldn't be.

But....I guess it depends on the mind.:rolleyes:
 
Now see....

If this woman was the legit author....she should not have been banned.

People jumped the gun, reported her left and right and...I guarantee there was no real investigation into anything. They were new and got see ya later.

And....the site approved everyone of those stories. They didn't see the same author name over and over again?

This is another casualty of one person looking through however many stories a night and refusing to pay any help or accept any volunteer help.
 
The only thing wrong with "flooding" a category with stories, assuming the submitter actually wrote the stories, is that it's pretty disrespectful to other authors in the same category.

But frankly, no one would have complained if the stories were all great & well written.


And strategically, it makes no sense. If you want more people to read your stories, you spread them out over time, little by little. If you just dump your catalog of stories, far less people are going to read it.
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking of flooding the submissions with a bunch of stories myself. I'm inching up on Goldeniangel for the #6 all-time-high producers position, but Goldeniangel has been adding one when I do and keeping me one behind. I have nearly 50 stories waiting in the wings. I wonder how Goldeniangel (or even the current #5 slot author) would react to a flood of 50 stories. :D
 
There isn't any Authority that says what BDSM should be and what should it be like. Only suggestions with logical explanations by the people who live that Lifestyle.

Amen to that. There are BDSM clubs with rules, which is fine for them. But their authority doesn't extend beyond their club.

BDSM refers to acts. The acts can be mild or violent. They don't even have to be understood as BDSM by those performing them--and they could be performed clumsily or disastrously and still be acts of BDSM. That doesn't mean they aren't acts of BDSM. And writers are free to include whole ranges of them in their writing, as they like, with them remaining some form of BDSM.

If you tie 'em up in sexual encounters, it's the B of BDSM. If you play drill sergeant with them, even mentally, its the D of BDSM. If you get off on giving them physical or mental pain, you're invoking the S (sadism) of BDSM. If you get off on receiving physical or mental pain, it's the M (masochism) of BDSM.

Doesn't matter what combination or degree you do it or whether you get it "right" or even if your characters realize they are doing it--it's still an act of BDSM.

There are no rules outside BDSM clubs for doing it--and there certainly are no rules for what applies in your writing that includes any of these acts.

Of course, there should be a significant amount of it to be posting it to the BDSM category. But that's just common sense.

When anyone tells you you have to follow rules on invoking BDSM in your writing, feel free to give them the horse laugh. There are no rules. Those saying there are have no authority to say there are outside of their BDSM clubs.
 
Hmmm I think she wouldn't think anything.

Unless of course she is thinking that her 711 submissions have her as the number 3 all time favorite author on this site

http://www.literotica.com/stories/favauthorsv2.php

6648 favs on 711 stories.

as opposed to your 1206 on 710 stories.

So I think she would sleep well at night knowing people actually read hers.

She also doesn't beat one category like a dead horse like you do either. That's what really makes you so sad. 500 stories in one category and your numbers view/vote/comments are below the average....

Which should tell you that you can brag all you want about flooding the site with a bunch of stories, but what are they worth?

And if you think being prolific is a sign of being successful here and being a good author?

Samuel X....is number one and will never be caught quantity wise but let me ask you....how are his stories?

So if that is what you aspire to you are well on your way, fraud.
 
I love it when I can post something that has you trot out your obsessions with me. LC. :D

Nope. If I can pass Goldeniangel by on production I'll take the slot--no matter how you try to massage it. (and I doubt that Goldeniangel cares a tenth about that as much as you do. Tough.)

A double whammy here. I'm waiting to see your head explode over the BDSM post (no matter how true I think it is). :D
 
Last edited:
Well darn.

I came on today too late for the fun. After reading the OP, I checked the BDSM category and no single author was dominating it. I read further and checked the link to the story "The android Domme" and there wasn't the authors comment mentioned. I did check the ErrantKitten's page and all her stories are there, with a whole lotta yellow "n"s. But the profile is banned. I'm assuming the stories will disappear soon.

Well, at least I don't have to worry about my stories being stolen.
 
Know what I love about numbers, Pilot? They never lie.

Unlike certain people.

BTW.....How's my ass look to you on that all time list?

The same way it looks in every contest we've entered together I would imagine, no matter what category I write in.

The only reason I won't write a GM story is because you'd curl into a fetal position and never be heard from again when it beat the crap out of your sorry efforts.

I find it ironic that the person who looks down his nose at everyone here has to look up just to see the tip of mediocrity.
 
Oh, my, you're off your meds tonight, LC--or maybe in your cups.

You just overflow with hatred, don't you? (Tough)

You like to parse stats a bit, though, don't you (not to mention manipulating them in your machinations)? Still upset I guess that you can't knock me off the top of the GM popular author stat with your hate voting (more often than not on the "today" list; almost perpetually on the 7- and 30-day list). I only bring it up to watch you justify it away as a stat.
 
Last edited:
Guess your 50 stories must all be old ones because you couldn't have time to write them these days with all the arguing and snarking you do.

Then again judging by their quality I guess it doesn't take much time or effort

Have fun talking to yourself Pilot, I'm off to work on a story, one that people will actually read.
 
Yep, they're about nine months old. Nearly all of them (except the contest ones) have been published to the marketplace. I don't post them here until they've been in the marketplace at least three months. That doesn't mean that I'm not working on stories now--as well as e-books that won't ever be published here. But you know that, because you keep an eagle eye on the author's thread that shows a new one by me about every two weeks.

You are such a raw hater, LC--and a genuine sick fuck. You've got to be green with jealousy and hate down to your little snarky toes. ;)

I'd say I was sorry that you've had such a sucky life, full of failures, that leads you to be like you are on this forum, but I really think you've deserved exactly what life has dealt you. :)
 
I love it when I can post something that has you trot out your obsessions with me. LC. :D

Nope. If I can pass Goldeniangel by on production I'll take the slot--no matter how you try to massage it. (and I doubt that Goldeniangel cares a tenth about that as much as you do. Tough.)

A double whammy here. I'm waiting to see your head explode over the BDSM post (no matter how true I think it is). :D


Yup. Didn't even know it was a thing honestly. LOL. Someone told me about this forum chat and I had NO idea what they were talking about when they said someone wanted my "number" lol. I actually had Laurel delete a bunch of my stories last year because the quality wasn't what I wanted. I kept a bunch of stories that were fan faves though, even if they're not my current favorites.

Nice to know that I'm getting free press on another list though! lol. good luck passing me, this was a fun conversation to read through. I haven't been keeping up with the forums and it was fun to see the convo that was going on =)
 
Yup. Didn't even know it was a thing honestly. LOL. Someone told me about this forum chat and I had NO idea what they were talking about when they said someone wanted my "number" lol. I actually had Laurel delete a bunch of my stories last year because the quality wasn't what I wanted. I kept a bunch of stories that were fan faves though, even if they're not my current favorites.

Nice to know that I'm getting free press on another list though! lol. good luck passing me, this was a fun conversation to read through. I haven't been keeping up with the forums and it was fun to see the convo that was going on =)

I didn't actually think you noticed at all--although we've both been moving up over the last few months. Happily, some of the ones at the top are dormant. The one we just both passed is dormant, but most of her numbers are in poems rather than stories, which I thought made the placement a lot easier for her. I don't see much chance of ever cracking #3, though.
 
Is there a list available on here where you can find this information of how many stories are posted?


I'm thinking of flooding the submissions with a bunch of stories myself. I'm inching up on Goldeniangel for the #6 all-time-high producers position, but Goldeniangel has been adding one when I do and keeping me one behind. I have nearly 50 stories waiting in the wings. I wonder how Goldeniangel (or even the current #5 slot author) would react to a flood of 50 stories. :D
 
Is there a list available on here where you can find this information of how many stories are posted?

The ten most productive authors (with their entry total) can be found on the Stories/Author Index page here: http://www.literotica.com/a/

An individual's total number of entries can be found by bringing their name up on the Stories/Members List page.

The most productive Lit. author is samuelx, with over 2,100 entries. No one else has over 1,000.
 
The ten most productive authors (with their entry total) can be found on the Stories/Author Index page here: http://www.literotica.com/a/

An individual's total number of entries can be found by bringing their name up on the Stories/Members List page.

The most productive Lit. author is samuelx, with over 2,100 entries. No one else has over 1,000.

Thanks for the link! WOW, we are really close LOL. I swear I haven't been doing it on purpose =P I should probably let you know that I'm almost done with the next chapter in the series I'm currently working on... LOL
 
You like to parse stats a bit, though, don't you (not to mention manipulating them in your machinations)? Still upset I guess that you can't knock me off the top of the GM popular author stat with your hate voting (more often than not on the "today" list; almost perpetually on the 7- and 30-day list). I only bring it up to watch you justify it away as a stat.

I look at that ranking with some serious reservations about what it truly means as a "stat" since apparently no one but Laurel knows how it is actually calculated.

Is it story or author favoriting based? Is it based on "hits" to submissions? Maybe it revolves around number of comments and votes placed...or making it on the "popular today" story list...or placements in the 30 day, 12 month, and all time rankings...or accumulation of red H's, green E's, and blue W's...or the number of private feedbacks that are generated through the system...or, or, or?

OR MAYBE it is some wild algorithm that combines some or all or even more of those factors?

We don't know the real details, but that is my best theory. I would also guess 50% of that calculation mixture probably comes from simple page hits...including ones generated by bots crawling the site. With 550+/- stories in GM and squirting out new ones almost weekly, you are at a distinct advantage on that factor right off the bat.

But that is also why I feel there are other factors affecting that "stat" since; even with my piddling 46 stories under this ID and not having posted anything new in five full months; in the last two weeks *I* have been on the "most popular GM author" list in both the "today" and the "seven day" rankings.

Robcub32 hasn't posted at Lit in nearly three years and yet constantly pops up on the today, 7 day, and 30 day most popular author lists there. Plus with him having only 43 submissions but twice the number of author fav's as you, leads me to be convinced there must be something more in play besides just story page hits.

So until we know what the specific metrics involved are, I don't see the "Most Popular Authors" listing as much more than an additional minor ego stroke thing considering all the other more prominent and clearly defined stats that exist to point to in the categories.

JMNSHO...YMMV ;)


.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the link! WOW, we are really close LOL. I swear I haven't been doing it on purpose =P I should probably let you know that I'm almost done with the next chapter in the series I'm currently working on... LOL

Thanks for the warning. The Winter holidays contest starts the 10th, and I have three for that and one this coming Sunday and two related ones for the Sunday after that--so six in the next two weeks. *smile*
 
I look at that ranking with some serious reservations about what it truly means as a "stat" since apparently no one but Laurel knows how it is actually calculated.

Is it story or author favoriting based? Is it based on "hits" to submissions? Maybe it revolves around number of comments and votes placed...or making it on the "popular today" story list...or placements in the 30 day, 12 month, and all time rankings...or accumulation of red H's, green E's, and blue W's...or the number of private feedbacks that are generated through the system...or, or, or?

OR MAYBE it is some wild algorithm that combines some or all or even more of those factors?

We don't know the real details, but that is my best theory. I would also guess 50% of that calculation mixture probably comes from simple page hits...including ones generated by bots crawling the site. With 550+/- stories in GM and squirting out new ones almost weekly, you are at a distinct advantage on that factor right off the bat.

But that is also why I feel there are other factors affecting that "stat" since; even with my piddling 46 stories under this ID and not having posted anything new in five full months; in the last two weeks *I* have been on the "most popular GM author" list in both the "today" and the "seven day" rankings.

Robcub32 hasn't posted at Lit in nearly three years and yet constantly pops up on the today, 7 day, and 30 day most popular author lists there. Plus with him having only 43 submissions but twice the number of author fav's as you, leads me to be convinced there must be something more in play besides just story page hits.

So until we know what the specific metrics involved are, I don't see the "Most Popular Authors" listing as much more than an additional minor ego stroke thing considering all the other more prominent and clearly defined stats that exist to point to in the categories.

JMNSHO...YMMV ;)


.

The popular author lists have no rhyme or reason that I can put a finger on. There are times where I haven't put a new incest story up in months and somehow I show up on it. Other times I've had a new story out, favs and comments out the ass, but....I don't show up there.

I do think having a story up all the time factors in, I say this because Freddie's latest incarnation shows up a lot on incest-and some other categories-because they upload stories constantly. Which hopefully will stop with survivor coming to an end because that's why he does it.

But to me....popular author.....That shows on favorite list and the list of most favorites stories and story top lists.

But regardless one fact remains.

Our mutual snarky friend here claims over and over that this has unsophisticated readership and the authors here are amateur hacks who don't know a damn thing about "real writing"

Yet he is awfully aware of his stats here and always quick to tell people about his standing on popular lists and prolific lists ( both of which mean quantity over quality) they mean a lot to him for some reason.

You would think he wouldn't care, this being such a meaningless site and all and him having so much success in the real world. But then again we and pretty much everyone else here knows this site is his life writing wise and it shows.
 
I love how someone who hasn't posted in a year and a half suddenly shows up when their name is mentioned....

Is there some type of e-mail alert when a person is referenced? Seriously, I've seen it happen many times.

Regardless, great to see a genuine top author post here.

GA was one of the first authors I read here, her Allison series rocks.
 
Okay so seeing I put up an incest story yesterday that is going over fairly well I checked the incest list of course this is now and what it will look like in a couple of hours....who knows they are pretty fluid

http://www.literotica.com/c/taboo-sex-stories

Right now my story is #1 on recently popular I am number one on the 24 hour list, #2 for the week and #3 for the month.

The 24 hour is a direct reflection of having a new story up and I am sure it helped push me to number two on the seven day list

So the answer is just keep putting up stories.

But like many have complained of survivor being responsible for a lot of rushed half assed stories, this is the same thing. People obsessed with story count rather than story quality just keep throwing stuff up there with "Oh, yeah, here's another one"

As opposed to what I feel is the more general consensus of "I'm not really feeling this one, it needs more work I don't want to throw crap up there.

Looking through the top 250 author list, GA at #3 is the only "most prolific" author in the top 25 with Freddie popping in at #27.

Something that always makes me shake my head is that if Freddie did not keep name changing they would have more stories than Samuel X I think over 3k....
 
I love how someone who hasn't posted in a year and a half suddenly shows up when their name is mentioned....

Is there some type of e-mail alert when a person is referenced? Seriously, I've seen it happen many times.

'Someone' may have tweeted her that she was being talked about.

*looks innocent*

GA was one of the first authors I read here, her Allison series rocks.

I'm really enjoying the Stronghold series, and Venus before that.
 
Back
Top