What's your mood today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEVERUSMAX said:
You could always move to Massachusetts, stay long enough (if you can) and get married there. :D
Considering they won't let Americans who live in other states get married in Mass, I'm pretty sure foreigners would be a no-no, too. ;)

minsue said:
Considering they won't let Americans who live in other states get married in Mass, I'm pretty sure foreigners would be a no-no, too. ;)

So wait long enough to become a resident. That's what I meant. ;)

Morning everyone!

Mood: tired. My darling daughter has been up from 5am and kept waking me up, finally i gave up trying to get us both back to sleep at 6.30 *L*

Also kinda annoyed. I really need to do some work, but the person who dishes out my work hasn't replied to an email and i've got no work to do :(

My mood wil l improve, i'm sure, right now I'd rather be sleeping *L*

lilredjammies said:
*cuddles* EL. I'm just off to bed, so I'm rather selfishly glad you woke up early. :kiss:

I hope your day is exceptional. :rose:

Night, Jammies *hugs* sleep well!

English Lady said:
Morning everyone!

Mood: tired. My darling daughter has been up from 5am and kept waking me up, finally i gave up trying to get us both back to sleep at 6.30 *L*

Also kinda annoyed. I really need to do some work, but the person who dishes out my work hasn't replied to an email and i've got no work to do :(

My mood wil l improve, i'm sure, right now I'd rather be sleeping *L*

hugs EL... :rose:

Nirvanadragones said:
Nirvana is most definitely out!! ;)

I outed myself in front of a train load of people yesterday. Does that count? :)

I don't really know how to describe my mood today. I had a crap day yesterday, but it was very entertaining - until I got a phone call from my mum, saying that my boss had called.

I've been instructed to write another 30 reports by next week. I've had enough. Firstly, why is my mother being hounded when they have my phone number? Secondly, at which point is 'too sick to work' really going to mean 'too sick to work'? I did the first lot out of pride, and it nearly killed me. I had to sleep after every three I wrote. I can't do this again so soon. It's starting to take the piss.

It's also starting to make me feel really stressed. I'm beyond the point of feeling annoyed over it - I just want the rest of the world (with a few exceptions ;) ) to go away for a while so that I have the chance to get better :(

*hugs* Scheh. Well tell'em you can't possibly write all them reports...you're ill afterall. If they don't like it, they can lump it, you've got a sick note!

And I'd tell your mum not to take any messages for you in future, make 'em contact you themselves. Well, if you want that of course.

*hugs* don't let it stress you out, that'll only make you more ill and we don't want that.

English Lady said:
*hugs* Scheh. Well tell'em you can't possibly write all them reports...you're ill afterall. If they don't like it, they can lump it, you've got a sick note!

And I'd tell your mum not to take any messages for you in future, make 'em contact you themselves. Well, if you want that of course.

*hugs* don't let it stress you out, that'll only make you more ill and we don't want that.

Thanks, EL :rose:

I think my emotional reserves are exhausted when it comes to that area of my life, because I don't really feel anything about this situation right now, except a sense of 'what the hell?' :confused:

scheherazade_79 said:
Thanks, EL :rose:

I think my emotional reserves are exhausted when it comes to that area of my life, because I don't really feel anything about this situation right now, except a sense of 'what the hell?' :confused:

*hugs* I'm not surprised. I really would tell'em to stuff it, though that might not be the best course of action? What time next week do they want the report? If you can stretch it to 10 days, you only need to write 3 reports a day to get it done, keep the dragon somewhat happy and get a good reference :D

Anxious -- My story came back from several prereaders and my editor with virtually no suggestions. They all liked it (a first for me). Now I'm just waiting on the edge of my seat for it to get posted. I'm such a pessimist that I keep expecting it to be rejected for some reason, then it would be too late.

Thrilled -- Someone I respect very much made a very nice comment about one of my stories. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Sad -- Still have a friend who is suffering, and several Lit people are having their own difficulties. Even those of you I don't know, I do read the threads and you have my well wishes. I just find it uncomfortable to comment on your situations if we've never spoken. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention.

Everybody else, have a good morning (and a good holiday for anyone who celebrates it). I've got a monster show with a big system that will be tons of fun (also lots of money). I've never gotten to provide the orchestra music (on CD) for the fireworks at one of the big shows before. Looking forward to it.

Glad the gosling is sleeping, even if I've been nudged to the edge of the bed. It took a while to find the most comfortable position for her arm, using a spare pillow as support. She was hurting, but thank god has been able to sleep. I'm trying not to disturb her, she needs to sleep as long as she can. Today we have the fun of changing the dressing. Not looking forward to that.

matriarch said:
Glad the gosling is sleeping, even if I've been nudged to the edge of the bed. It took a while to find the most comfortable position for her arm, using a spare pillow as support. She was hurting, but thank god has been able to sleep. I'm trying not to disturb her, she needs to sleep as long as she can. Today we have the fun of changing the dressing. Not looking forward to that.

Since I dont know what happened Im only going to assume that since Min is an American Goose, it must be Goose hunting season. If you guys were Canadian's, you cant shoot Canada Geese!

Now to look back and find out what happened.

Hope its a minor mishap, but wish her all the best and a speedy healing process.
:heart: C

Okay, now Im worried, I dont see anything that describes what happened to Min.

Mat, if you are about, drop a post and explain!!!

:confused:
C

SensualCealy said:
Okay, now Im worried, I dont see anything that describes what happened to Min.

Mat, if you are about, drop a post and explain!!!

:confused:
C

'Tis on the blurt thread.
She had to have an abcess removed from under her arm. She was in with the doc and nurse for an hour, and a very sore and poorly goose when she emerged.
Once the local wore off, she was one very pained gosling. Painkillers during the afternoon and evening helped. She'll be fine once we get the old dressing off, get it cleaned up and start applying the suggested hot compresses. The wound is heavily packed, which is pushing her arm up and away from her body, and by the time we went to bed, the muscles in the top and back of her shoulder were beginning to complain at being held at that very abnormal angle, on top of the pain from the surgery itself.

She'll be fine. I'm hoping a good night's sleep will have a hefty healing effect before we start mucking around with it.

:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back