Writing Goal for the Day?

First chapter of, A Life Moves In was posted finally and is doing well. Two hours after posting and it's been faved already, along with another fave author pick. Turning out to be a good day.
Churning out ch 3 of A Life.. and I'm typing as fast as I can, before another bout of RA flairs up and stops me. Fucking hinderance. :mad:

Received an Email from a webmaster who says he's contacting Lit writers for permission to post our stories on his site. His name is Marc and his Email is,
bocalaffer@gmail.com . Here's what he wrote.

lance gt; A few days ago I emailed you after I read two two of your stories. I am not sure if you received my email since I mentioned the website where I wanted to add your stories. I have a feeling the email was not passed along to you. During the past two months, other authors on Lit have given me permission to post their stories in separate categories so they can get more exposure and readers. And of course, their copy-write remains intact and enforced. Oh, I am a webmaster that has a large erotic story library. With respect to your story copyright, I would like your permission. If you did not receive my email from a few days ago, let me know and I will send you info and a link to see where your stories would be placed. I think you are a great writer and our visitors would love reading them. I hope to hear back from you. Marc

Anyone else get anything from this guy? I'm vary wary of this kind of approach and looking for confirmation it's legit. I never received the first Email.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I got it--and some follow-up when I said I wasn't interested in expanding the number of story sites I post to. He was polite in exchanges, though. There are some Lit. members posting there.
 
February writing commitments fulfilled (but it's good we got a leap day) and Dirk Hessian's The Beautiful Way has come back from the publisher for the final cleanup, so that's what I'll work on today--and a requested newspaper article on use of reviews/tags/likes on Amazon.
 
With the first snow of the year - 60 days into 2012 and we're FINALLY getting snow - I'd like to get 2,000 words written, total, over several projects. I don't have to shovel yet, since it's only sticking to grass, parked cars, and heavy fleece hoodies of people that are walking.
 
Hit 10500 words into the latest chapter and hope I can do some more tonight. Second chapter might be out tomorrow, so I'll see how the story is accepted and make any changes in the third.
 
Blogged on the PayPal thing, and hopefully that's it. I'm working on a story, just a short one, which I could probably finish if I just focused on it. Tough to do with a cold and two kids and a busy hubby. On the upside, the Caps won last night. :D
 
Second chapter of A Life Moves In, came out and is doing well. Ended up being faved 9times as an authour and the first chapter faved 4 times all in one day, not too shabby.

20,000 words into the third chapter and it's almost ready for submission, should have it done by day's end. I wasn't sure I could write erotica anymore, it's been so long since my last story, so this gives me encouragement.

One thing hasn't changed though. I CANNOT write short stories, lmao. :D
 
It's been a while since I've written a group sex scene and it's showing. I'm having to take longer breaks to keep my mind on where the parts are going and how best to describe each characters' emotional/physical responses to all parts involved.

Actually, I do believe this is the first group scene I've written since coming back to Lit.
 
It's been a while since I've written a group sex scene and it's showing. I'm having to take longer breaks to keep my mind on where the parts are going and how best to describe each characters' emotional/physical responses to all parts involved.

Actually, I do believe this is the first group scene I've written since coming back to Lit.

I know how you feel. I've been doing nothing but writing documentation at work, and flipping the switch back to erotica is difficult. I might have to read some before I attempt at writing it.
 
I know how you feel. I've been doing nothing but writing documentation at work, and flipping the switch back to erotica is difficult. I might have to read some before I attempt at writing it.

I managed to handle the scene, but need some input from a fellow writer on the chain, so I'm on hold again.

So I guess I will move onto goal number two which is to plug away on rebuilding the erotic scene of my young girl opening up a manila envelope in the back seat of a car and following the written instructions inside. Ooo . . .suspenseful.
 
Just hit the 100k mark on my novel Not bad for about a month and around the rest of my crap. My rough estimate, if I can keep the muse on a straight path, would be about 180-200k. So halfway there.
 
Goal number two has been met and a break needed before slipping over to goal number three. A nice already established BDSM relationship story. Sounds doable.

*pulls out the necessary tools and sits down to write*
 
Having fun today reading the comments on my stories and the conflict in disagreement. I know a re-write in format is in the works, but some comments made me laugh. I received a PM from one reader who faved me, who took umbrage at one commentor and said he should go back to reading Dr.Suess books. The scores are going like a toilet seat at a mixed party.:D
 
Hoping some time open up this weekend, but I'll have to talk to Mr Penn. There was a work project for him that causing a lot of trouble. On the other hand, I did work on a kids' book for PennGirl (I wrote several for PennBoy years ago). I should type it up.
 
I'm reviewing stories for a GM anthology, trying to build up getting started on a mainstream mystery novella.
 
Well, the Caps are down by five at the end of the second, so that's my limit. I should find a movie to watch and work on something.

ETA: Actually I've decided to play Endless Ocean on the Wii. Mr Penn and PennBoy are way ahead of me in finding marine life.
 
ETA: Actually I've decided to play Endless Ocean on the Wii. Mr Penn and PennBoy are way ahead of me in finding marine life.

I've never played it, but my grandmother would be great at finding marine life. She used to swim after battleships.
 
I've never played it, but my grandmother would be great at finding marine life. She used to swim after battleships.

Cool, but this is a battleship-free zone. ;) It is a nifty game. PennBoy will play it for an hour at a time. Imagine, a game with no light sabers! Or Lego characters!
 
Wow, I guess not a lot of people had goals today.

Admittedly my goal today was no writing. I've been going at it hot and heavy and the mind needs a break.
 
I'd like to write, really I would, and I'm going to give it a try. PennGirl has a cold :( but I just put her to bed, so I hope she sleeps. Mr Penn and PennBoy are at the movies, so right now it's just me.
 
Got ch 3 submitted yesterday and ch 4 well underway. I'm starting to see this series going for quite a few ch's, as more and more ideas pop in my head for them. A few readers are caught up in it and my inbox is filling up with story ideas they'd like to see happen. Some are quite good, while others are more personal in their tastes and won't happen.
Interestingly, many seemed to enjoy them fisting, so I'll have them do that again, as well as get into some serious toy fun. Only thing I'm having a problem with, is where to end it.:D

Have a fun day writing everyone!!! :)
 
Just hit the 100k mark on my novel Not bad for about a month and around the rest of my crap. My rough estimate, if I can keep the muse on a straight path, would be about 180-200k. So halfway there.

Youve caught PINHEAD LADY Disease, youve been sucked into the Squirrel Cage of word count rather than attending to your story.

Your new name is MARATHON MAN.
 
Back
Top