Continental Privateer (Open PM First)

Lee smiled again at him and could not help but chuckle a tiny bit, looking around for a moment she could not help but hear his question and thought about it for a moment. "I honestly do not know, maybe name your son after you" She said with a big smile on her face and could not help but chuckle a little bit. Sighing she just allowed herself to be more relaxed and ran her hand against his chest. "Well just think sweet heart we are rather sexual" She grinned. "Better be thinking of names in case the later turns sooner. "
 
He always wanted a son, but he was troubled about what to name him because he bore a name that was a bit of trouble. His father, though rich, was a bit of a firebrand and the commission was looking at him suspiciously thus, to keep his name cleared perhaps it was wise to give a different name, but the captain did not express his thoughts to Lee, instead, he nodded, "That would be quite grand" giving a kiss and rubbing her spine a bit more, "What about if it's a girl?"
 
Thinking for a moment and feeling his hand on her back and smiled just a bit. "Well if its a girl I would name her Gabriella " She said happy, the thought of being pregnant thrilled her. Though she doubted that it would happen, but the thought of it excited her. Silently sighing it was a rather wonderful moment. "I can tell you want a son" She said looking up with her grey eyes to his own dark ones.
 
"Gabriella? Why Gabriella?" he asked with a soft sigh. "I want a son, like many other man, to carry on the line," but it wasn't a proud line of great men. There were traders, business men, and the lot, but they were, again, trouble makers, firebrands. "Gabriella has a different spin to everything than what i've heard before in my life," he said.

at that moment there was a soft knock on the door.

"What is it?" Humphreys responded.

"Beg pardon, sir, just enquiring if you are in need of anything."

Looking at Lee and then at the door, "Yes, wine and glasses."

"Yes, sir"
 
She smiled at him hearing his question "Well because it was my mothers name, and you would have really liked her. Mom wanted the best for me and really cared for me" She said with a big grin on her face and sighed a little bit. Looking around she grinned a bit but then heard someone and sighed a bit.

"And that will probably be the talk on the whole ship, the captain have drinks with the mysterious Lee" She smirked.
 
He blushed and said, "Posh, let them talk. That is how a ship like this functions. Rumor, my dear, constant rumor. There is the talk of plunder, talk of women and the temptation of capturing a prize. Ah, it is the rumor that drives a sailor to do his duties otherwise, if the truth be told, then there would not be a pair of hands on deck to cast the lines or roll out the cannon."

There was another kock on the door, "Come" the captain said. The door opened and the serveant shuffled inside holding a large, square shaped wood tray with two glasses and a bottle of Porto.

"Beg pardon, sir" the servant whispered, "tis all we had left is this porto."

That will do just fine" Humphreys nodded, "Thank you."

He walked him as the seveant shuffled outside and closed the door before Humphreys rolled out of the bed and fetched the tray and brought it over, "Let them talk."
 
Lee covered herself up and sat up a bit watching him getting up, and smiled a bit at him. She was rather happy and watched him come back. When he said what he did she started to laugh a little bit, sighing a bit as she began to wonder what was going to happen. And chuckled a little, something new happened she thought. Because it was rather different to see him not keep them a secret. So she sat back a bit and smiled at him and rested her hand on her stomach enjoying the moment.

"Huh something has changed then because before you did not want anyone knowing about us, now you don't care" She chuckled at him stroking his cheek and was happy that she did not have to be the mystery any more then again who the hell knew.
 
"Tis true, love. I would like to keep you a secret, but on this ship, rumors will abound eventually. But let worry about that," as he pulled the cork out the bottle and sniffed and smelt the fresh berries. This bottle was also taken from Lee's home, perhaps bound for the governor's many famous balls, but now it was on the Fusiliade as Humphreys sat on the edge of the bed, still nude as he poured some into both glasses before handing one over to Lee. Even in the diminished light he could still see her fine features and bright eyes that seemed to shimmer in the dark. He took p his glass and held a toast, "to new beginnings." He had the fullest intention that once they landed they would find a way to marry. There would be many legal processes to go through, certainly but he would find a way.
 
Lee smiled at him as she raised her glass and lightly tapped his glass. Putting it up to her mouth she smiled. 'Well would be good for them to know, since you are captain you can do what ever you want. " She said simply and enjoyed the wine it was a nice change. Her father never let her drink but she tried not to make a big deal out it when she was with her father. Sitting back she sighed happily this was the life.
 
It was the life. All through the rest of the storm they slowly finished off the bottle and kept talking and were affectionate to one another. Lee was so soft, delicate, "I'm glad I took you out of there. That was no place for you. If I had known you were there earlier...I would have razed the entire town to find you," finally confessing. "Normally I do not believe in love at first sight, but..." he paused and struggled to come up with the right words for it. He was not familiar with this. When the bottle was empty he did not summon for another bottle, instead the captain decided that it was best for them to put to bed. He was tired and sore but he wasn't going to be asleep in the hammock, instead he curled up with Lee on the bed and kissed her cheek.
 
Lee watched him and could tell he tried to put words there but nothing came out, so stroking his cheek she smiled. "I know I never believed in such things, but I am starting to think maybe people were made for one another. And if my father tries to get his hands on me, I wont cry I wont scream i'll break his neck" She said looking at him. "Nothing will separate us not even death, I believe that highly"
 
Humprheys smiled and kissed her sweet lips before hugging her tight and falling asleep. It was an eventful night to say the least and as he dreamed the captain could see images of Lee as they were in Boston with long floing hair, elegant gown, and a permenant smile on her lips as she waltzed the cut stone roads of Boston. She kept saying 'follow me follow me' andhe did and she kept teasing him, 'chase me' and he gladly did so, through the streets and alleyways, but on one street she stopped cold at the sight over several hooded men with darkened faces. She turned and came running back, 'captain!' She screamed as he tried to catch up, reaching for his pistol as the men ran for her, "save me!" She cried asthey wrapped their hands around her body and pulled her away just as Humphreys grasped one of her hands and pulled but a cold blade was runned through his gut and he collasped onto the ground. He looked on as Lee was dragged through the street, all the while screaming for him, but he couldn't move.
 
Lee slowly started to wake up a little bit, feeling how Humprheys was holding her so tightly and had a feeling by the way he looked. Something was very wrong, and knew she had to wake him up, it was almost time to go out any way. Placing her hand on his cheek she smiled a little bit, gazing into his face. "Humprheys sweet heart" She stroked his cheek sighing sadly. "Sweet heart wake up its okay I am here" She cooed trying to either calm his sleep or wake him up or perhaps even both at this point.
 
When Lee had been dragged down the street and out of sight, only then did he wake up and see her shimmering grey eyes before him. His face was sweating and his body trembled as if cold underneth the sheets when she cooed and called for him. "Oh God" he sighed first in fear and then in relief when he saw that she was still alive and unharmed, "Oh God, I had a terrible nightmare." Reaching up and touching his forehead with his right hand Humphreys looked around the dark interior.

"No one has been in here?" he asked and realized that there wouldn't be, just the two of them. He collasped onto his bed and felt her gentle strokes on his cheek and he drapped an arm around her waist to draw her close and get that warm sensation back into his body, "It was terrible."
 
Lee watched him very carefully and watched what he did and it scared her, she was quite when he asked if someone had been in the room she shook her head. When he finally settled down and wrapped his arm around her, she could see it was a horrific dream. Smiling a bit as she wrapped an arm around him and kissed his bare chest. "It's okay sweet heart no one has been in here, its just the two of us and the storm has relaxed" She said and sighed silently. She hated having dreams but knew what it was about, or got an idea any way. Brushing away the sweat on his forehead and smiled.

"What was it about?"
 
He was hesitant to respond to her inquery as he himself was trying to figure out everything himself. Finally when she nestled upon him he confessed what he could remember, "I saw us roaming the streets of Boston. You were laughing and asking for me to chase you and I did. We went for several blocks when you turned into an alley way...." he paused and looked up at the ceiling with the wood beam that connected the ship's wheel to the chafrail was not moving. "Several men, hooked and cloaked, were waiting for us. They took you and when I tried to stop them I was shot. I-I couldn't do anything except watch as...as they dragged you away." He wastrying not to cry even wiped away the water with his right hand to conceal how it worried him.

"I don't know who they were..." he paused, not wanting to talk anymore. It was troubling him.
 
Lee listened to him speak about his dream, and could tell it really scared him. And that really worried her, why would he dream such a thing. But then remembered what her mother told her, she smiled a bit at remembering her words. She just stroked his cheek when he finally grew silent, seeing so much fear in him scared her. Bending down she kissed his bare chest, then his lips showing everything was okay. Looking into his eyes she thought about what to tell the love of her life, what she wanted to.

"It's alright Lee we are safe, my mom used to tell me that nightmares about people in there lives being hurt or taken. Means that they are worried that the one they love will be taken away from them, but I can assure you no one would be able to take me from you. I am tough and it feels good to be underestimated means I would be harder to suspect, and that is always true most of the time. Just being afraid your happiness will be taken away from you" She said resting her head on his chest.
 
She knew just what to say and though the dream did trouble him so the captain began to relax as Lee nuzzled on his chest, feeling the warmth that was better than any blanket. Lifting up a hand he ran it through her smooth hair and gave it a kiss before laying back down and looking up at the ceiling with a still troubled brow.

The storm finally subsided and the rest of the hours passed without incident as the storm moved on. When the clouds finally broke and the sun could at last be seen the Dolphin was not to be seen as well as her prize then a voice bellowed down from the main mast,

"Sail ahoy! Looks like a frigate!"

Jumping to his duty Humphreys gave a kiss again to her crown Humphreys rolled out of his bed and dawned his clothes as well as his sword and belt. "I suggest you do the same," he said and waited for her to do so before going up on deck.
 
Lee enjoyed the time they had together, and could see Humphreys was more calm which was very good to see. So smiling a bit she fell back to sleep, that was of course until the wake up call saying there was a frigate. She felt him move away and sat up in bed watching him, returning the kiss he gave her and watched him go up on deck. Sighing a little bit she just wanted to sleep a bit longer, but she knew she would be needed. So Lee got out of bed and brushed her hair, pulling it into a pony tail.

Then putting on her clothing and grabbed her own sword against her hip, and decided to see what was going on. Walking up the stairs to the deck, she silently went on deck while Humphreys gave orders and finally when he stopped she walked up to him. "What is it?" She said to her captain and lover hoping everything was okay, the wind bode ill today something was very wrong here. Seeing what this frigate was they were talking about. Her heart beat loudly and it was easy to see Lee was worried.
 
He was on the poop by the wheel and was looking aft when Lee came alongside. Putting his glass to his eye the captain could see the frigate, it was flying the flag of the colonies, the red and white stripes with a blue canton with the union jack. It was American but there was something gravely suspicious as he had not see a frigate in this sort of configuration, looked as though they were rated as 24 guns, but none of them knew if the colonies had launched any frigates, perhaps it was another trick.

"What damage did we sustain from the storm, Mr Tisdale?"

"Some flooding in the hold, sir" Tisdale responded, "three feet and been running the bulges since then and have it down to six inches and the main mast has been patched up. Nothing serious, I do say. I must confess, sir, if it were not for Mister Lee then we might been been broken up on the shore."
 
Lee could see the chaos and looked at what she could see without the glass he had, placing her hands on her hips and was thinking. She knew what kind of ship it was, but they were no colonists that much she did know. Since they would not be shooting at them, least she did not think. But she was actually still new to this life, but far from weak and was glad to help around. Though she just hoped people that noticed she was a girl, could do what a man did. Sure she lacked the strength of a man but still.

But then she was pulled out of her thinking hearing what Mr Tisdale said and smiled a bit at him. "We are all in this together Mr Tisdale so it was a pleasure" She said and sighed "Well I can tell you one thing, that maybe a colonial ship but I think the ship was either boarded or a bunch of thugs caught themselves a big catch" She offered her two cents in and was quite for the rest or at least till now. Everything so quite but everything was not good that much she knew rather easily, and she just relaxed.
 
Tisdale had a look for himself at the mystery ship and Humphreys ordered that every sail to be unfurled. turning to Lee after givign his order Humphreys said, "If you would be so kind as to stay by my side," giving a slight smile, "I might need you later." Though the night was fresh in his mind, as well as his nightmare, the captain kept up a strong face as he walked across the poop and then turned to go down the weatherdeck where the off watch was summoned from below deck.

"Sir, should we run out the guns?" Tisdale enquired as he tried to keep up with them.

"Not yet," Humphreys replied, "Not unless they get close. We're going to make all do speed towards Boston and try to find Mister Allen and his damn ship." Giving a growl as his eyes looked out to the north and eat but only found an empty sea. Where was the Dolphin and his prize? Were they swept up with the storm and broken up? Shaking his head as he walked past the guns he paused and looked at Lee, wanting to give her many compliments but refrained from doing so because of the ears around them as men ran up the riggings to the reefed sails.

Under full sail would take the crew of the Fusiliade would require a good hour to deploy all of its sails but the crew jumped to and unreefed every stitch of canvas and the frigate slid across the ocean and the mystery ship began to follow.
 
Lee listened to the orders he gave and then heard what he said, she smiled and nodded. Though she could feel he wanted to compliment her she placed her hand on his shoulder and nodded to the good captain. Showing that just his look of kindness was a compliment enough for her, she borrowed his eye glass and looked up. Something was very wrong as she walked to the front of the ship, and noticed the men getting ready with cannons. "Shit...." Looking up at the captain this was going to be bad.

"Captain get your men ready they are preparing to attack!" She ran up giving the captain the glass so he could see. "They are getting there guns ready and we are the only ship out here other then them, I think you should prepare for the possibility they may be trying to destroy the ship" Her heart was beating and everything in her body just screamed. And really things were just to strange for her. Her stormy eyes grew even more angry, and placed her hands on her hips, not to sure nor did she care who knew she was on the ship.
 
Quickly taking a look for himself she was right, "Mister Tisdale, have the offwatch run out the portside guns!"

"Aye aye, sir!" Mister Tisdale replied. Men ran down the length of the ship as well as the rigging as powder monkeys ran up from below deck with the weighted powder charges to the guns. As a well versed orchestra they loaded solid shot as Humphreys moved back to the wheel with Lee beside him. Glacing up at the sails they were starting to billow, they had some wind but looking over at the pursuing frigate they were knife at them.

"Any sign of Mister Allen and the Dolphin?" Humphreys called to Mister Allen.

"None, sir" was his response.

Shaking his head and giving the enemy frigate another look they were going to try and make a run for Boston in the hopes to make it to the safe haven but whatever the Fusiliade was doing the enemy frigate was matching. They were still just out of range but that distance was rapidly dwindling. "Give me to points to port" Humphreys said to the coxwains.

"Two degrees to port, aye" was the response. A simple twist on the giant wheel and the Fusiliade began to shift in the sea and the frigate slowly began to slide into their sights but the enemy ship began to turn to starboard to slide out of the way to which Humphreys couldn't help but smile as he collasped his glass. "The captain is no fool."
 
Lee had no idea what was going to happen, if there would be a war at sea as she called it. Looking around she just could not help herself, placing her hands on her hips. Trying to figure out what in the world was going to happen. Things could get even worse if she let it, but she looked at the captain and smiled at what he said. Looking around things were beyond screwed up, but she did not really let it bother her. But had a feeling someone some where is going to get nasty and did not know what to think.

"So what we going to do, starting to wonder if they are here because of me. My father wasn't just going to let you take me without a fight, probably hired some jack asses to get me back. Or perhaps it is just in my head and lets hope that is the deal" She chuckled a bit and did not know what her captain was thinking. Something to talk about later, but she just relaxed herself and watched his men work. Because of his dream she had a feeling he would have her by his side a few days.
 
Back
Top