Denny's to charge 5% 'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost o

koalabear

~Armed and Fuzzy~
President Obama's election victory ensured his Affordable Care Act would remain the centerpiece of his first term in power - but that has left some business owners baulking at the extra cost Obamcare will bring.

Florida based restaurant boss John Metz, who runs approximately 40 Denny's and owns the Hurricane Grill & Wings franchise has decided to offset that by adding a five percent surcharge to customers' bills and will reduce his employees' hours.

With Obamacare due to be fully implemented in January 2014, Metz has justified his move by claiming it is 'the only alternative. I've got to pass on the cost to the customer.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

Hello, friends!

Is your business suffering because of your own management incompetence? Are you struggling to find a scapegoat so that the outside world won't think you're a failure as a business professional? Are you a hardcore Conservative who'd like to rib the White House while covering up your mistakes?

You're in luck! Just point and say, "Look what Obama did!" It's that easy! ;)

Based on my last meal at Denny's the last thing they need to do is raise prices.

I will pay it, I love their ham and eggs with hash browns and rye toast. Just the right balance of grease and chemical.

Dominican_Crazy_Old_Man_by_maxmemories.jpg

I might have to start charging you royalties if you keep using my pics like that.

Last edited:
Hello, friends!

Is your business suffering because of your own management incompetence? Are you struggling to find a scapegoat so that the outside world won't think you're a failure as a business professional? Are you a hardcore Conservative who'd like to rib the White House while covering up your mistakes?

You're in luck! Just point and say, "Look what Obama did!" It's that easy! ;)

Uhmm, would that be similar to ..."Look what Bush did?"

I'm sure Rory's business expertise is as extensive as his political stupidity.

Denny's menu has done enough to contribute to the high cost of healthcare in the US. There ought got be a surcharge on their menu for that. This way, the consumer can make an informed choice.

I am surprised we haven't seen a ground swell of conservative support and large crowds at Denny's, sort of like the Chick Filet thing.

DooleyDarter - please edit out Squibb's stupid pic...it's screwing up the thread format - ty.

I'm sure Rory's business expertise is as extensive as his political stupidity.

So...from your point-of-view, I've got tons of business expertise?

(Fun fact about miles: in addition to his other failings, he also can't write for shit.) :cool:

Denny's menu has done enough to contribute to the high cost of healthcare in the US. There ought got be a surcharge on their menu for that. This way, the consumer can make an informed choice.

I am surprised we haven't seen a ground swell of conservative support and large crowds at Denny's, sort of like the Chick Filet thing.

*L* as you say that with a straight face while sucking that cigar.

They don't care if their kids won't be able to inherit their farms and ranches. Obviously they believe all property belongs to the government in the end.

It may be the most immoral of all taxes.

Back