Rugby world cup 2015

I tried to get interested because of this thread, but it didn't happen. Enjoy your sport.
 
I just hope someone other than New Zealand win. I was think England could do it, but not sure now. Wallabies maybe. It seems like there is even less competitiveness at each subsequent World Cup.
 
And interestingly, for our american friends, this is a world series where a number of countries are invited to participate and compete to determine the best team in the world for this particular code.

We'll stop calling our baseball championship the World Series when you stop calling your golf tournament The Open like its the only national golf Open in the world.

Deal?
 
We'll stop calling our baseball championship the World Series when you stop calling your golf tournament The Open like its the only national golf Open in the world.

Deal?

It's not called The Open, it's called the New Zealand Golf Open and players from other countries are invited to particpate, just like your 'Masters', and unlike your baseball world series.
 
England's performance against Fiji did not inspire. Only a 24 point advantage against a team like Fiji who have only one trick in their tactics bag, the Lomu side step.

24 points! Not enough to convince me that England can take the game to the big boys.
 
Cherry Blossoms rule

Japan at Bookies odds of 500 to 1 have beaten South Africa the twice world champions who were 5 to 2 to win the cup.

I cannot believe it! About as possible as Japan beating the USA at Basketball.

Surely the greatest boilover ever. Absolutely brilliant; the winning point from a touchdown in the fifth minute of injury time and the last play of the match.

Did it really happen.:)
 
Japan at Bookies odds of 500 to 1 have beaten South Africa the twice world champions who were 5 to 2 to win the cup.

I cannot believe it! About as possible as Japan beating the USA at Basketball.

Surely the greatest boilover ever. Absolutely brilliant; the winning point from a touchdown in the fifth minute of injury time and the last play of the match.

Did it really happen.:)

Fair play to them not kicking when they got the penalty at 32-29. That took balls. And even a draw would have been a major shock.
 
The SA v Japan game is going to be hard to top at least in terms of excitement in the last few minutes. Well done Japan. SA won't go into panic mode but it will knock them back.

Ireland v Canada was about what I expected and in my humble opinion shows the scoreline that England should have had over Fiji if they're to consider themselves a force in this competition.

I expect the NZ v Argentina game to produce a similar result to that when they played back in July 2015.

So far it looks like Japan is the only serious competition for the New Zealanders.
 
The SAs looked stunned at the end...... I think the fact that the Japanese tackle low so much compensated for the height diff. Great game. Now for Fr v It.
 
Back
Top