16/13 ~ The War On Guns Begins.

I thought you libs invented the boycott...

A boycott is an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for political reasons.

I suppose they could have went to the streets and protested, flipping cars and throwing trash cans through store fronts like you guys do it.

nothing wrong with being peaceful is there?
Not a bit. I approve of peaceful gun advocates.

Most gun advocates are responding by going out of their way to acquire more weapons. Gun shows are sure to thrive, despite your and Cabela's efforts.

Not a bit. I approve of peaceful gun advocates.

Most gun advocates are responding by going out of their way to acquire more weapons. Gun shows are sure to thrive, despite your and Cabela's efforts.

you sir are missing the point.

of course gun shows will survive. I am in no way trying to hinder gun shows. I am a strong proponent of gun shows. obama is his efforts has quickly become the greatest firearm salesmen in history.

even when so called pro-gun gun shows hamper the second amendment by not allowing magazines and AR platform rifles at the show good people and businesses will show their disgust by not showing up.

you in fact have the efforts of cabelas and other large retailers that have refused to attend backwards. they want the gun shows and hunting fishing shows to thrive. they do not want anyone infringing on their customers second amendment rights

its a great thing when Americans stand for something other then entitlement

Here you go, this is the kind of People Power that will persuade gun nuts to peacefully turn in their weapons:

NEW YORK — One Million Moms for Gun Control plans to march across the Brooklyn Bridge to City Hall to call on Congress to take New York's lead and enact tough gun-control legislation.

The group says Monday's event is inspired by Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s message of nonviolence.

One Million Moms was formed after the Newtown, Conn., massacre. Its founder, Shannon Watts, and City Councilwoman Letitia James are among the scheduled speakers at the City Hall rally.

Tony-nominated actress Montego Glover will sing "26 Names." It's written by Tony-winning composer Jason Robert Brown in tribute to the 20 Sandy Hook Elementary School first-graders and six school officials who died in the Newtwon shooting last month.

Here you go, this is the kind of People Power that will persuade gun nuts to peacefully turn in their weapons:

Ya gotta love. Every gang-banger, car-jacker, home invasion artist, along with all the others of their ilk are going, "Go moms, go!!!!"

I even have a slogan, "Making the streets safer for the criminal, one gun at a time."

Ishmael

Ya gotta love. Every gang-banger, car-jacker, home invasion artist, along with all the others of their ilk are going, "Go moms, go!!!!"

I even have a slogan, "Making the streets safer for the criminal, one gun at a time."

Ishmael

Bad news, Ish.

Obama has the gun thing figured out.

He's putting the people who make Printer Toner & Ink Cartidges in charge of the firearms industry.

Soon, guns will be cheap and plentiful...but ammo will be hellishly expensive.

When a clip is emptied, it will be cheaper to throw the gun away and buy another, pre-loaded.

The new Crime will be a Felony... failure to properly dispose of a used gun without paying the Recycling Fee.

Bad news, Ish.

Obama has the gun thing figured out.

He's putting the people who make Printer Toner & Ink Cartidges in charge of the firearms industry.

Soon, guns will be cheap and plentiful...but ammo will be hellishly expensive.

When a clip is emptied, it will be cheaper to throw the gun away and buy another, pre-loaded.

The new Crime will be a Felony... failure to properly dispose of a used gun without paying the Recycling Fee.

*chuckle* Yeah, the new litter.

Ishmael

Cabela's Inc., the North American hunting and fishing retailer, announced Saturday that it will not participate in the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show to be held Feb. 2-10 at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg.

This comes on the heels of smaller retailers boycotting because of the decision by event organizer Reed Exhibitions to ban the display and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines. The ban was imposed following the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn., that claimed the lives of 20 children and six women and reignited the gun-control debate.

A post Saturday on Cabela's Facebook page explained the reasoning behind the decision.

"Due to recent changes made by Reed Exhibitions [regarding the show] Cabela's will no longer sponsor this year's event. After careful consideration regarding Cabela's business practices, and the feelings of our customers, Cabela's will, unfortunately, not have a presence at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show."

good for you cabelas that is the way to take a stand against idiots.

keep up the fight we will win this
Oh great. Just what we need, another right wing fucktard c+p merchant. Because the GB just doesn't have enough of those.

NEW YORK — One Million Moms for Gun Control plans to march across the Brooklyn Bridge to City Hall to call on Congress to take New York's lead and enact tough gun-control legislation.

The group says Monday's event is inspired by Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s message of nonviolence.

One Million Moms was formed after the Newtown, Conn., massacre. Its founder, Shannon Watts, and City Councilwoman Letitia James are among the scheduled speakers at the City Hall rally.

Tony-nominated actress Montego Glover will sing "26 Names." It's written by Tony-winning composer Jason Robert Brown in tribute to the 20 Sandy Hook Elementary School first-graders and six school officials who died in the Newtwon shooting last month.
Thank heaven that nobody opened fire to spray the crowd.

Thank heaven that nobody opened fire to spray the crowd.

The Tony-Award Winning singer and song would be enough to set off most people, loony or not....so the fact that this event was so well-received means the scales are tipping.

The Tony-Award Winning singer and song would be enough to set off most people, loony or not....so the fact that this event was so well-received means the scales are tipping.

Only in your dreams Lance.

Ishmael

LMAO Good answer.

Ishmael

Perhaps the easiest way to change gun culture without disturbing the 2nd Amendment is to tax it out of prominence.

More permits, more inspections, insurance requirements, ammo tax, usage tax...it would be really easy to control guns through taxation.

Once the Public demands change, that's the way it will probably go down.

YOU are the one that wants to restore the original constitution.. if you want that, woman and black people get screwed over
What you're forgetting that there was nothing in the constitution to enshrine slavery or lack of women's rights. But, until two amendments were added there was nothing to prohibit laws from being enacted to enshrine slavery and prevent women from voting.
Going back to the original constitution wouldn't automatically reinstate slavery or take away women's rights. The vast majority of amendments to this day have codified rights, not taken them away from people.
The 18th being the most notable that took away rights.

Perhaps the easiest way to change gun culture without disturbing the 2nd Amendment is to tax it out of prominence.

More permits, more inspections, insurance requirements, ammo tax, usage tax...it would be really easy to control guns through taxation.

Once the Public demands change, that's the way it will probably go down.
Great, another privilege (gun ownership) reserved for the wealthy.

then you went on about the chat you had with France... I'm having trouble finding a US conflict with France.
I'm not sure what he's referring to either.
Could be King Williman's War or Queen Anne's War or the North American theater of the Seven Years War (commonly called the French and Indian War here in the US, but all fought when we were colonies.
Or it could be the Franco-American Naval war but that really had nothing to do with France occupying the US, IIRC.
Hopefully he'll elaborate.

I’ll repeat what I said in the Wall Street Journal op-ed section and on the Today show in 1999, after the Columbine High School atrocity: if we simply prepared teachers to handle this type of crisis the way we teach them to handle fires and medical emergencies, the death toll would drop dramatically. We don’t hear of mass deaths of children in school fires these days: fire drills have long since been commonplace, led by trained school staff, not to mention sprinkler systems and smoke alarms and strategically placed fire extinguishers that can nip a blaze in the bud while firefighters are en route. In the past, if someone “dropped dead,” people would cry and wring their hands and wail, “When will the ambulance get here?” Today, almost every responsible adult knows CPR; most schools have easily-operated Automatic Electronic Defibrillators readily accessible; and a heart attack victim’s chance of surviving until the paramedics arrive to take over is now far greater.

The same principle works for defending against mass murders…it just doesn’t work HERE, because it is politically incorrect to employ it HERE.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2012/12/15/against-monsters/

Soon, you'll have rationalized yourselves into having armed guards everywhere.

Land of the Free?

Back