Seeking editor for an erotic mind control / hypnosis short story

AuralCaress

Virgin
I've completed a story that is almost my first attempt at erotica, and absolutely the first thing I've seriously considered posting. I'd greatly value some feedback from a volunteer editor.

Story attributes:
* m/f
* erotic hypnosis
* non-consensual in the sense that this would be very very wrong in real life, but does not contain overtly nonconsensual violence / humiliation / aggression
* 4,000 - 5,000 words

What I'd like from an editor:
* Does the story flow logically? Are you able to keep track of what's happening? Is my unreliable narrator making things too obscure or confusing?
* Do you see any rookie mistakes / cliches in my descriptions of sex? Are there places I could work on making it more vivid or generally hotter?
* I'm confident in my spelling and grammar. I might benefit from advice on formatting, especially for dialog.

You have to allow responses or no one can answer you. I am an editor and have been one professionally. I would be happy to edit, but if i do I will go the whole way, telling you what I think needs to be done. Spelling, grammar, usage, style dialogue, characterization, narration, the whole schmear. Expect some typos in our communications as I have a new lap top, but I will always take the extra effort in the manuscript itself. I can also assist you in formatting for e-publishing if you should decide you wish to go that route. Be advised no one makes any money that way with out tons of promotion. e-mail a sample to: DELETED E-mail addresses not allowed in posts

Last edited by a moderator:
That's where I thought I was posting! Thank you for pointing out the error. Would it be appropriate for me to delete this post and/or repost there?

I've completed a story that is almost my first attempt at erotica, and absolutely the first thing I've seriously considered posting. I'd greatly value some feedback from a volunteer editor.

Story attributes:
* m/f
* erotic hypnosis
* non-consensual in the sense that this would be very very wrong in real life, but does not contain overtly nonconsensual violence / humiliation / aggression
* 4,000 - 5,000 words

What I'd like from an editor:
* Does the story flow logically? Are you able to keep track of what's happening? Is my unreliable narrator making things too obscure or confusing?
* Do you see any rookie mistakes / cliches in my descriptions of sex? Are there places I could work on making it more vivid or generally hotter?
* I'm confident in my spelling and grammar. I might benefit from advice on formatting, especially for dialog.

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.
* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

Back