What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So four of my closest girlfriends here went on a trip to Prague. I couldn't go even though I was invited because $$ and novel.

Tonight we all got together and talked about their trip, looked at photos, etc. It was great fun. At the end of the evening, they gave me a little present from Prague. It was a coffee mug (tea mug, for me) that has a Franz Kafka quote on it in big letters.

"I am only literature and can and want to be nothing else.'

They said, "We immediately thought of you."

I love my friends. :heart:

674690792.jpg
 
"It shouldn't be news when someone speaks out for equality. It should be news when someone speaks out against equality."
-- Chris Kluwe, Minnesota Vikings football team.​

I'm proud that he had the guts to speak up.

(Cross-posting this in the Bullies thread, because I think it's appropriate.)
 
Holy crap!

If you have ANY interest in sports, check this out. It's only 51 seconds long.

I am no football fan but, man, that was amazing!

They know talent when they see it. Congrats! :rose:

As always, you flatter, SW.

(That was not a complaint, BTW ;))

Look at that! And you've only had your specs for a few weeks!

*snort*

Also, you have been selected to write guest posts in the "Boring" thread. You're welcome.

Hm, now I have to come with a topic...

Canadian Tax Codes - A detailed Study?

A History of Lint?

How to Perfect Monotone Speech?


Man, how to choose??


This looks like a landscape from a fantasy poster. Gorgeous but I'm not sure it's real.

Yeah, me neither some days. :D
 
Thanks for the congrats, everybody! :)

I'm really looking forward to the move, although the moving itself is never too much fun. It'll be in December, so at least now I have a lot of time to go through the stuff we have and ditch the things we don't need.
 
I absolutely LOVE Fark.com. Many times when all else in my day has failed me, or when I get up, Fark brings a smile - or three, or ten or more! - to my face. Herewith, a sampling of this morning's farksmiles.

Click the headline to get to a short video very apropos to the discussion of bullying otherwhere in this forum.

And the coolest (IMNSHO) article of the morning:


Only one example of this artist's amazing work. You'll have to click the link in the headline for more, as always (and in the other two articles posted here).
 
He got the job and we got the apartment. It's movin' time, folks! Real soon! :)

Thanks for the congrats, everybody! :)

I'm really looking forward to the move, although the moving itself is never too much fun. It'll be in December, so at least now I have a lot of time to go through the stuff we have and ditch the things we don't need.

Count me in with the congratulating crowd!
 
Thanks for the congrats, everybody! :)

I'm really looking forward to the move, although the moving itself is never too much fun. It'll be in December, so at least now I have a lot of time to go through the stuff we have and ditch the things we don't need.

Yard sale at Seela's house!!!!
Send me the time & place, please!
:D

Your avatar is awesome. It made me smile.

Thank you, Once-ler! I aim to please - or...make ya' smile!
:)
 
Ordering sexy new gadgets to replace the ones I lost on Friday night. Roll on delivery! Yay!
 
42/50 on my psych exam.

88 average before my lowest grade is dropped. If I get an average of 44 on my next two exams then I won't have to take the final.

Just have to slow down and look at my notes the next two.
 
42/50 on my psych exam.

88 average before my lowest grade is dropped. If I get an average of 44 on my next two exams then I won't have to take the final.

Just have to slow down and look at my notes the next two.
Congrats! THAT made me smile too! :)
 
Congrats! THAT made me smile too! :)

Thanks :)

Every time I take an exam or get a paper back from one of my classes, I think "ya know, if I really applied myself and wasn't split in 10 directions, I'd be killer!"

*giggles*

maybe I should start playing the lotto.
 
Thanks :)

Every time I take an exam or get a paper back from one of my classes, I think "ya know, if I really applied myself and wasn't split in 10 directions, I'd be killer!"

*giggles*

maybe I should start playing the lotto.
There MUST be a formula, right? ;)
 
A wonderful bunch of news spanning two or three aspects of my life. Feeling pretty warm and fuzzy today :) Hugs to all!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top