Bored, inebriated... writing (woohoo!) : to an unknown woman

airor

Virgin
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Posts
4
Sweet absence

I dreamt of you last night and I have spent the better portion of today trying to get you out of my head.

I don't remember what you looked like, I don't think we've met before, but the warmth of your breadth and body against mine as I slept last night haunts me even now.

I tried to throw myself into work this morning but could not ignore the skin on the inside of my neck craving the touch of your embrace.

I skipped the afternoon to go for a drive to clear my head, but even with the top down and the blossoming spring of northern California blurring by, your memory would not leave me, no matter how far away from the city I tried to flee.

At night I went to the bars, searching for you. With each drink I grew more optimistic, but all I could find were carbon stamped women wearing mall fashion and the scent of naiveté. Disgusted, I came home and lay in bed praying for sleep to overhelm.

But I cannot sleep, because the only feeling that overwhelms me now is the absence of your love.
 
Thank you, I'm glad to know there are others that "get it"

With the weekend coming up, I'm not sure whether I'm dreading searching some more or looking forward to it.

I suppose either way, until this dream fades I won't have much of a choice.
 
Back
Top