The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning :rose::kiss:

It is a good day so far. We might even finish up this well from hell by this evening. I'm ready for some time off. I have a boat and a bike calling my name.

The beer ain't frozen but it is so cold. That octopus will definitely be dormant.

I had a dog once that thought his name was "Damnit" :D
Here's hoping the well cooperates. You absolutely deserve both some boat and some bike time. *hug*

I think I had a dog who was related to yours....

My beautiful Smeg range, which cost me two months' salary less than 18 months ago, is finally fixed. Due to a burnt out thermocouple, combined with a severe lack of funds, we've been without the oven for nearly 6 weeks. This has finally been fixed and, in celebration, I'm cooking a full roast dinner. Tomorrow will be home-made pizzas using the leftover chicken from today. Two full meals for 5 for less than £15 ($23). God, I'm good...

In other news, #1 son is going to his first house party this evening. He's had the groundrules talk. He's been shown the mini breathalyser kits we had to buy by law for this year's French holiday. And the "trust" conversation. I'm taking him in five minutes. An evening of fretting stretches before me (those of you who think I'm worrying too much didn't know me at his age...). And I can't even have a drink to calm my nerves as, aside from it being hypocritical, I also have to pick him up... :rolleyes:
*hug*

Congrats on the newly repaired range. Dinner sounds wonderful!

Okay, steve, siddown. No matter what kind of rabble-rouser you were at #1 son's age, he. Is not. You. You've spent his lifetime trying to instill him with a sense of self and respect, so let him prove to you that it all hasn't gone in one ear and out the other. *hug*

Good morning.

TX, that's what I say to the coffee pot as it's brewing. :rolleyes:

Steve, good luck. Dorry to hear about the defiled beard trimmer.

Anna, sorry about the headache. *hugs*

Morning Sparrow. Hey, what's in the beer tu......oh what the hell!

Sadly Naoko, I left all my cough medicine at work on my rush out. :p Glad you didn't lose the USB stick. Mine is built into my watch. ;)

HP, looks like someone did bring in an octopus. I'm tempted to give the recipe a try. :rolleyes:

Could you freeze something in a beer tub, no matter how cold the beer? Does alcohol freeze? I keep vodka in the freezer, but of course, beer has much less alcohol in it....

At the very least, I suppose it would be a good way to pickle the octopus.

I think it'd just make the octopus real sleepy.

Morning Sparrow. Hey, what's in the beer tu......oh what the hell!

Don't worry, he's real sleepy. :)

OK, who is the biggest Star Trek nerd around here? I need some help with the spelling of crew names.

The prize is a look at the Parody I wrote in about 15 minutes. It is also the shortest thing I have ever wrote. Hmmm, that might not be a prize to some people.

I'm not sure Lit will even post it. :eek:

Originally Posted by annanova
Could you freeze something in a beer tub, no matter how cold the beer? Does alcohol freeze? I keep vodka in the freezer, but of course, beer has much less alcohol in it....

At the very least, I suppose it would be a good way to pickle the octopus.

Alcohol freezes at -114C. That's why it's used in cooler climes in thermometers.

At -114C, the octopus would definitely not survive for long.

OK, who is the biggest Star Trek nerd around here? I need some help with the spelling of crew names.

The prize is a look at the Parody I wrote in about 15 minutes. It is also the shortest thing I have ever wrote. Hmmm, that might not be a prize to some people.

This what you're looking for? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Trek_characters

I read a story on here many years back about a young Federation officer captured by a female Klingon commander. :eek:

Good morning.
Anna, sorry about the headache. *hugs*
Thanks. Fortunately, it's clearing up now. *hugs*

I think it'd just make the octopus real sleepy.
Enough of it certainly makes me sleepy. ;) I think you've got quite the plan.

I'd say you have three or four big Trek nerds here, but I think john and sparrow have you nicely taken care of. :)

Thank you muchly.

I'm going to clean it up name wise and see if it will post.

I laughed my ass off while writing it.

It was Gene Roddenberry that produced it right? I'm not sure of that spelling either. :eek:

I'll keep an eye out for that... *big, geeky grin* I'm a sucker for Trek parodies - like this one...

2013-02-14-night_trekkies-533x347.jpg

Tx - I wanna read the spoof! I am a HUGE Star Trek nerd (shut up, John, I posted that time when I confused warp drive with hyper drive while out of my head on your virtual coffee). Do I have to edit your novel first? Oh no, that's right, I have to get the dishes done and put Piglet in the bathtub first ... :rolleyes:

Steve, sounds like a rollercoaster few days! From the ... er, lower hair trim with the beard trimmers to the SMEG recovery operation to the first night out on the razzle dazzle. :rose: At least you can safely have a drink in here and drive. Vodka martini shaken not stirred?

anna, might we trouble you for a snifter of your vodka? :heart:

sparrow, may I have one of those lovely sounding hidden chocolates? :kiss:

I'd say you have three or four big Trek nerds here, but I think john and sparrow have you nicely taken care of. :)

Yes they do indeed. :D

I'll keep an eye out for that... *big, geeky grin* I'm a sucker for Trek parodies - like this one...

2013-02-14-night_trekkies-533x347.jpg

This is short, just over 800 words. My shortest ever. Star Trek, The Literotica Episode. :D

It has been submitted.

Tx - I wanna read the spoof! I am a HUGE Star Trek nerd (shut up, John, I posted that time when I confused warp drive with hyper drive while out of my head on your virtual coffee). Do I have to edit your novel first? Oh no, that's right, I have to get the dishes done and put Piglet in the bathtub first ... :rolleyes:

The way I figure it, it will be out next Friday or Saturday, if they post it. :D

Novel? what Novel? Oh yeah, that novel. :cool: :D

Do you mean what was at one time known as a 'Bergenholm' when you mention warp drive or hyper drive?
(Clue: read E.E.'Doc' Smith)

Originally Posted by steve44uk
In other news, #1 son is going to his first house party this evening. He's had the groundrules talk. He's been shown the mini breathalyser kits we had to buy by law for this year's French holiday. And the "trust" conversation. I'm taking him in five minutes. An evening of fretting stretches before me (those of you who think I'm worrying too much didn't know me at his age...). And I can't even have a drink to calm my nerves as, aside from it being hypocritical, I also have to pick him up...

Have you ever heard the piece by Shelly Berman on the date of his daughter ?
I cannot remember the title, but I may have it on an open-reel tape somewhere.

Do you mean what was at one time known as a 'Bergenholm' when you mention warp drive or hyper drive?

Originally Posted by steve44uk
In other news, #1 son is going to his first house party this evening. He's had the groundrules talk. He's been shown the mini breathalyser kits we had to buy by law for this year's French holiday. And the "trust" conversation. I'm taking him in five minutes. An evening of fretting stretches before me (those of you who think I'm worrying too much didn't know me at his age...). And I can't even have a drink to calm my nerves as, aside from it being hypocritical, I also have to pick him up...

Have you ever heard the piece by Shelly Berman on the date of his daughter ?
I cannot remember the title, but I may have it on an open-reel tape somewhere.

My god. Must be 35 years since I read the Lensman series...

You mean this one, HP?

"Father on office phone to his 15-year-old daughter grills her about an upcoming first date, then tries discussing the Facts of Life. "A car is a kind of motel on wheels. Kissing parameters."

No, but it sound very much like the sort of thing I'd enjoy... :D

All the frickin' time. And that was produced by the UK publisher... * headdesk*

Okay, the funny thing is... I'm finding new things every time I look at it.

Stop me now!

We never made it to the rugby match as the fella's friend was out of town. I assume he thought he'd be in town before today, otherwise... why suggest going?

"Father on office phone to his 15-year-old daughter grills her about an upcoming first date, then tries discussing the Facts of Life. "A car is a kind of motel on wheels. Kissing parameters."

No, but it sound very much like the sort of thing I'd enjoy... :D
Oh, if you're having palpitations over #1 son's first house party, I don't want to think about you as the father of a daughter!

Okay, the funny thing is... I'm finding new things every time I look at it.

Stop me now!

We never made it to the rugby match as the fella's friend was out of town. I assume he thought he'd be in town before today, otherwise... why suggest going?

Oh, if you're having palpitations over #1 son's first house party, I don't want to think about you as the father of a daughter!

Seriously, stop. If I had to copy edit every piece of writing I get from publishers, I'd literally never do anything else...

And no, I don't get that, either... :confused:

Oh yeah, I prayed for boys each time, cos I knew exactly the kind of "where-are-you-going-dressed-like-that,-young-lady?-Call-that-a-skirt?-It's-more-like-a-belt!" dad I was likely to become. Sexist? Indubitably, but I remember what I was like as a teenager. Even then, I was what Robert Cray called a Strong Persuader... :rolleyes:

But, as it turns out after last night, I'm not really sexist, I'm just a common-or-garden paranoid control freak! Awesome!

BTW, #1 son was retrieved from the party drink and drug-free and, as far as I could ascertain, no young ladies were knocked up in the making of that party. So yeah, good night...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
After all the years.... Whats a little more time.... ;) :D

I will give you a kiss every time I have to say: Not yet not yet! How about that?
:kiss:

Plain, or flavored?

As it's for Steve's virtual vodka martini, I think plain? However I am willing to have guidance on this.
:)

Ooh, say that again slo-owly. It sounded very technical and science-y and stuff. Mmm!
:rose:

BTW, #1 son was retrieved from the party drink and drug-free and, as far as I could ascertain, no young ladies were knocked up in the making of that party. So yeah, good night...:rolleyes:

LOL, I can't believe people get so worked up if they have a son too! It gives me hope.
:heart:

People said "You're brave," when I said I'd had The Talk with Piglet (about where babies come from ;). No no, TX, I will tell you later ;) ). I was like, "Well, I am an expert on Sex and Relationships Education; if I can't talk to my kid about sex, who can?" :eek:

People said "You're brave," when I said I'd had The Talk with Piglet (about where babies come from ;). No no, TX, I will tell you later ;) ). I was like, "Well, I am an expert on Sex and Relationships Education; if I can't talk to my kid about sex, who can?" :eek:

Someone who would misinform them proper-like :)

What? No Coffee?

Ok, ok, I'll make some.

Babies? *Shiver* I'm long past that point in time and space. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back