Will Trumpism leave any legacy?

Kirkrapine

Literotica Guru
ISTM that, like the old Reform Party, it does not really represent anything that might become a "movement," with a coherent ideology, that could outlast its focal candidate/vehicle. All it represents, rather, is an amorphous and directionless discontentment that a left-populist demagogue could exploit just as easily.

Trumpism will certainly leave deep scares. If only it left, I'd be pleased. But never too pleased, knowing how many disgusting Americans there are.

The only legacy that he will leave behind is proof how shitty Presidents can really get in this country.

It'll be fun watching Republicans pretend like they weren't complicit in his rise and covering up of his corruption. They'll turn around, and with straight faces, condemn the next Democratic president for the smallest of things that bring "shame to the office of the presidency" (e.g., wearing a tan suit, putting feet up on the Resolutr Desk, *cough* being black).

Of course he will. All the pink hat wearers of the world will be "scarred and traumatized" for the next 10 years atleast. He'll always be a hot topic sweetie!

Of course he will. All the pink hat wearers of the world will be "scarred and traumatized" for the next 10 years atleast. He'll always be a hot topic sweetie!

Delighting in a serial adulterer, admitted sexual assailant, and misogynist trying to curb access to quality health care for women. Truly something to be proud of... :rolleyes:

Delighting in a serial adulterer, admitted sexual assailant, and misogynist trying to curb access to quality health care for women. Truly something to be proud of... :rolleyes:

No, no! This thread is about Trump not Bill Clinton. It's too early to speak of a Trump legacy. The best thing he has done so far is beating Silly Hilly.

No, no! This thread is about Trump not Bill Clinton. It's too early to speak of a Trump legacy. The best thing he has done so far is beating Silly Hilly.

Well, isn't it obvious by now, even to you, that we would be far, far better off with her in the WH?

ISTM that, like the old Reform Party, it does not really represent anything that might become a "movement," with a coherent ideology, that could outlast its focal candidate/vehicle. All it represents, rather, is an amorphous and directionless discontentment that a left-populist demagogue could exploit just as easily.

The problem with the Reform Party is that it was vulnerable to infiltration by nationalists/racists like Buchanan and Trump, which led to it's demise.

The fiscal conservatives regrouped as the TEA Party, got incorporated into the GOP, and overcome once again by Buchanan/Trump opportunist nationalist racists.

I submit that the Trump legacy will be fiscal irresponsibility. Once a grifter bankruptcy artist, always a grifter bankruptcy artist. Well, that and I think there will be a window of ethical reforms, when the surviving politicians sign onto virtue signaling measures to restore, enhance, & codify customs of financial disclosure, anti-nepotism, conflict of interest recusal, etc. in place pre-Trump.

Well, either that, or his legacy will be a new Reich.

I'm curious to see how he is viewed in 20 years.

Harry Truman was the most disliked president in recent history, but subsequent years have improved his image immensely. His problem, as those of some other presidents, was opposition by the news media, which is sometimes compared to the king's mistress - a high level of authority but no responsibility.

I submit that the Trump legacy will be fiscal irresponsibility. Once a grifter bankruptcy artist, always a grifter bankruptcy artist.

I think the legacy will be criminality and serious threat to the fabric of the nation in several dimensions and we'll have decades of people who publicly enabled him explaining how they didn't really do that. People will be fingered in fact and obituary just as those of the Joseph McCarthy era have been--and maybe more pointedly, Trump's raw outragiousness having a wider base than McCarthy's did.

Locally, all of the Trumpettes on the board will have to change to new, totally unconnected accounts to escape being reminded in every responding post what disgusting slimeballs they were in their Trumpette phase.

It already has and with just one more SCOTUS appointment it'll last longer than you might imagine.

Trumpism will certainly leave deep scares. If only it left, I'd be pleased. But never too pleased, knowing how many disgusting Americans there are.

Better economy

Recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Posssible NK dealer

Ending all of Obama's mistakes

Restoring balance to the Supreme Court

Sounds good

The fuck are you talking about?:confused:

How is Trump trying to curb access to quality HC for women?

Better economy

Recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Posssible NK dealer

Ending all of Obama's mistakes

Restoring balance to the Supreme Court

Sounds good

Yep, you're disgusting. I don't want to be there when you wake up and realize what a slimeball you've been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonDesires View Post
Delighting in a serial adulterer, admitted sexual assailant, and misogynist trying to curb access to quality health care for women. Truly something to be proud of...

The fuck are you talking about?:confused:

How is Trump trying to curb access to quality HC for women?

I don't know that I would call Trump any of those things except - maybe - a serial adulterer. Fondling a woman who is willing to be fondled is not assault. I'm not sure about misogynist, given the specific circumstances.

I don't know that I would call Trump any of those things except - maybe - a serial adulterer. Fondling a woman who is willing to be fondled is not assault. I'm not sure about misogynist, given the specific circumstances.

blank-face-emoji.png

Given the history of most of our past presidents he would seem to be in good company in that regard. Men of wealth and power get a lot of strange. In that with the exception of one past president it was all consensual one might even go so far as to consider that those women were wannabe social climbers. After all, they knew that the man they submitted to was married.

Sorry ladies, but you who fuck these men of wealth and power are just as complicit as he is. You ain't no fucking victim of anything.

It already has and with just one more SCOTUS appointment it'll last longer than you might imagine.

That particular bunch of douchebaggery started before 45 and 45 only lucked into the SCOTUS we have now.

He's succeeded in replacing James Buchanan at the bottom, so I guess that's something he can take pride in.

i'm sure you're going to find some way to sidestep that though.

That's because you know it's a dog shit argument yet you posted that dumb shit anyhow. :)

supporting the defunding of planned parenthood.

Is NOT restricting access to HC.

Women are still 100% free to go see whatever doc they want and get whatever level of luxury their bank/insurance can handle.

Arguing that it's a bad idea to curtail publicly funded HC services is a totally valid position to have. But stretching the truth beyond silly by claiming supporting private HC is restricting anyones access to HC is just pathetic and makes you look like a hysterical idiot.

Not giving away free shit isn't restricting access anymore than tax cuts give money to rich people.

Last edited:
Back