America’s Carbon-Dioxide Emissions Set Records under Trump!

DawnODay

Literotica Guru
So, we dropped out of the Paris Accords, and now...

Under President Donald Trump, per-capita carbon dioxide emissions are the lowest they’ve been in nearly seven decades.

The Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) latest energy report shows U.S. carbon dioxide emissions are the lowest they’ve been since 1992, and that per-capita emissions are the lowest since 1950....

In the last year, U.S. emissions fell more than 0.5 percent while European emissions rose 1.5 percent, according to BP world energy data — an ironic turn of events given Europe’s shaming of Trump for leaving the Paris climate accord.

Globally, carbon dioxide emissions rose in the last year as well, despite the Paris agreement going into effect in 2016....

Global emissions are expected to increase to as India, China and other countries electrify and grow their economies.​

M. Bastasch, Americans’ CO2 Emissions Hit a 67-year Low under Trump, Daily Caller (Jul. 6, 2018) (emphasis added).

So, why do environmentalists keep urging us to be more like Europe?

So, why do environmentalists keep urging us to be more like Europe?

Because countries like Germany get a large percentage of their power from renewable energies sources and that green energy jobs are where the future is at.

Good job, racist.

Well yes, of course. With as much talking about nothing as the con artist does, what did you expect?

"Under Trump" HA! As if Tricky Trumpy has anything to do with it - LOL

You people seriously have Tricky Trump Derangement Syndrome. Bless your hearts!

The latest world climate report from the BP Statistical Review of World Energy finds that in 2017, America reduced its carbon emissions by 0.5 percent, the most of all major countries. That's especially impressive given that our economy grew by nearly 3 percent -- so we had more growth and less pollution -- the best of all worlds. The major reason for the reduced pollution levels is the shale oil and gas revolution that is transitioning the world to cheap and clean natural gas for electric power generation.

Meanwhile, as our emissions fell, the pollution levels rose internationally and by a larger amount than in previous years. So much for the rest of the world going green.

The world's largest emitter of carbon dioxide emissions is China. According to the invaluable Institute for Energy Research, "China produces 28 percent of the world's carbon dioxide emissions. India is the world's third-largest emitter of carbon dioxide and had the second-largest increment (93 million metric tons) of carbon dioxide emissions in 2017, more than twice as much an increase as the U.S. reduction."

This latest data also proves that despite all of the criticism across the globe and in the American media, Trump was right to pull the U.S. out of the flawed Paris climate accord. Nearly every nation that signed on to Paris and has admonished America for not doing so, has already violated the agreement. According to Climate Action Network Europe, "All EU countries are failing to increase their climate action in line with the Paris Agreement goal." All but five countries have even reached 50 percent of their current targets.

So there you have it. The countries in the Paris climate accord have broken almost every promise they've made and the nation (the U.S.) that hasn't signed the treaty is doing more than any other nation to reduce global warming. Yet, we are being lectured by the sanctimonious Europeans and Asians for not doing our fair share to save the planet. It's another case study in how the left cares far more about good intentions than actual results. What matters is that you say that you will wash the dishes, not that you actually do it.​

S. Moore, Who's the Cleanest of Them All, Heritage Foundation (Aug. 22, 2018) (emphasis added).

The latest world climate report from the BP Statistical Review of World Energy finds that in 2017, America reduced its carbon emissions by 0.5 percent, the most of all major countries. That's especially impressive given that our economy grew by nearly 3 percent -- so we had more growth and less pollution -- the best of all worlds. The major reason for the reduced pollution levels is the shale oil and gas revolution that is transitioning the world to cheap and clean natural gas for electric power generation.

Meanwhile, as our emissions fell, the pollution levels rose internationally and by a larger amount than in previous years. So much for the rest of the world going green.

The world's largest emitter of carbon dioxide emissions is China. According to the invaluable Institute for Energy Research, "China produces 28 percent of the world's carbon dioxide emissions. India is the world's third-largest emitter of carbon dioxide and had the second-largest increment (93 million metric tons) of carbon dioxide emissions in 2017, more than twice as much an increase as the U.S. reduction."

This latest data also proves that despite all of the criticism across the globe and in the American media, Trump was right to pull the U.S. out of the flawed Paris climate accord. Nearly every nation that signed on to Paris and has admonished America for not doing so, has already violated the agreement. According to Climate Action Network Europe, "All EU countries are failing to increase their climate action in line with the Paris Agreement goal." All but five countries have even reached 50 percent of their current targets.

So there you have it. The countries in the Paris climate accord have broken almost every promise they've made and the nation (the U.S.) that hasn't signed the treaty is doing more than any other nation to reduce global warming. Yet, we are being lectured by the sanctimonious Europeans and Asians for not doing our fair share to save the planet. It's another case study in how the left cares far more about good intentions than actual results. What matters is that you say that you will wash the dishes, not that you actually do it.​

S. Moore, Who's the Cleanest of Them All, Heritage Foundation (Aug. 22, 2018) (emphasis added).
Which environmentalists are saying that? The European ones?
Which sanctimonious Europeans and Asians are lecturing you? There must be at least two of each, according to your article. Name them.

Which sanctimonious Europeans and Asians are lecturing you? There must be at least two of each, according to your article. Name them.

I could link to the dozens of articles I found by simply googling "Trump Paris Accords," but I suppose the simplest way to answer is with this list.

I could link

Here's a list of non-Europeans and non-Asians who fucking ruined racist dawn.

African Union – A joint statement with the European Union reaffirmed the commitment of the 55 African nations to the Paris Agreement.[73]

Bahamas – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has expressed concern regarding the announced withdrawal of the United States from the Paris Agreement on climate change.[77]

Brazil – The federal ministries for foreign affairs and for the environment issued a joint statement describing their "profound concern and disappointment".[80]

Chile – The minister pointed out the deep disappointment about the withdrawal in a joint statement.[88]

Iran – First Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri criticized Washington for pulling out of the Paris agreement, stressing that the US is the main culprit behind producing greenhouse gases. "Trump has forgotten that the gases produced in the past few decades have endangered the life of not only the Americans but also all humankind," he added.[118]

Israel – Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz criticized Trump for rejecting "a rare occurrence in which the world united".[119]

Wow and I skipped a lot too. A shitty start to dawn's weekend.

I could link to the dozens of articles I found by simply googling "Trump Paris Accords," but I suppose the simplest way to answer is with this list.
That doesn't answer my question.

The article you posted states, "Yet, we are being lectured by the sanctimonious Europeans and Asians for not doing our fair share to save the planet." None of those responses are claiming that. They show the reaction to the US violating a signed contract.

But please try again. It's apparent that you're reading up on the topic.

The Environmental Protection Agency announced Wednesday that U.S. greenhouse gas emissions dropped by 2.7 percent last year, the first year of the Trump presidency, even as the administration slashed environmental regulations and global emissions continued to climb.

“Thanks to President Trump’s regulatory reform agenda, the economy is booming, energy production is surging and we are reducing greenhouse gas emissions from major industrial sources,” said Andrew Wheeler, acting administrator of the EPA.

The yearslong decline in U.S. emissions has been widely credited to the oil and gas boom. Power plants increasingly turned from coal to natural gas as innovations in extraction technology resulted in lower prices.

“These achievements flow largely from technological breakthroughs in the private sector, not the heavy hand of government,” Mr. Wheeler said. “The Trump administration has proven that federal regulations are not necessary to drive [carbon dioxide] reductions.”​

V. Richardson, U.S. greenhouse-gas emissions declined 2.7% in 2017, Washington Times (Oct. 17, 2018).

Harrison ("Jack") Schmitt, Ph.D.
(NASA Apollo 17 astronaut, B.S., CalTech, Ph.D. Harvard):

(emphasis added)

“...I’m a geologist. I know the Earth is not nearly as fragile as we tend to think it is. It has gone through climate change, it is going through climate change at the present time. The only question is, is there any evidence that human beings are causing that change? Right now, in my profession, there is no evidence.”

“The observations that we make as geologists, and observational climatologists, do not show any evidence that human beings are causing this. Now, there is a whole bunch of unknowns…”

“I, as a scientist, expect to have people question orthodoxy. And we always used to do that. Now, unfortunately, funding by governments, particularly the U.S. government, is biasing science toward what the government wants to hear. That’s a very dangerous thing that’s happening in science today, and it’s not just in climate. I see it in my own lunar research.”…

“If NASA’s interested in a particular conclusion, then that’s the way the proposals come in for funding. So it’s a very, very serious issue, and I hope the science writers in this room will start to dig deeply into whether or not science has been corrupted by the source of funds that are now driving what people are doing in research, and what their conclusions are.”

That doesn't answer my question.

The article you posted states, "Yet, we are being lectured by the sanctimonious Europeans and Asians for not doing our fair share to save the planet." None of those responses are claiming that. They show the reaction to the US violating a signed contract.

But please try again. It's apparent that you're reading up on the topic.

What signed contract did we violate?

Dawn's linked list included such gems as:

Bolivia – President Evo Morales called the US one of the world's "main polluters" and at The United Nations Ocean Conference said Trump's decision is akin to "denying science, turning your backs on multilateralism and attempting to deny a future to upcoming generations", making the US the main threat to mother Earth and life itself

It doesn't comment on contract law at all, just calls us devils and prays for thunder and lightning to rain down on us (figuratively speaking, of course).

Morales doesn't seem to have any issue with China or India, which both produce far more pollutants both in raw numbers and as a ratio of gnp. Or himself, either! Bolivia looks like the biggest polluter in South America!

Here, take a journey around the world and see for yourself (WHO real(ish)time data) "who" is polluting the world.

https://www.airvisual.com/earth

(edited)

What signed contract did we violate?
The Paris Agreement, signed 4/22/2016, does not allow a nation to withdraw before three years of compliance, and the US has stopped complying.

BTW, do you know where Bolivia is? Hint: not Europe nor Asia.

Last edited:
The Paris Agreement, signed 4/22/2016, does not allow a nation to withdraw before three years of compliance, and the US has stopped complying.

BTW, do you know where Bolivia is? Hint: not Europe nor Asia.

I can't remember if it's you or one of the other guys says he/she's a lawyer.

Article II, section 2 of the Constitution empowers the president to sign treaties provided 2/3's of the Senate advises and consents. Obama never involved congress, thus the EO he signed was not a "valid signature on a contract". Try again.

I'm aware of of where Bolivia is. But your question wasn't limited to European countries. If it had been, Europe (which by the way is not a desert environment (nor Bolivia for that matter) had similar comments based not at all on your false claim.

I picked Bolivia because it was a crystal clear example of the hypocrisy you libs love to practice.

Oh, Ruben, do ANOTHER 30 seconds of research and find out that India and China's industrial pollutants are on a scale unprecedented in history. And your "explanation" is a bit of a stretch in the first place. Imagine that. Another liberal hypocrite.

Last edited:
In a thread on CO2, your map doesn't make much sense. I don't think there's that much pollution in sub-Saharan countries; it's not polution that makes the oceans look green on that map, but more likely airosols and sea salt.

Not saying particulates are not important, not saying reduction industrial particulates shouldn't be taken care of, but just saying that in a thread on CO2 emissions, data on CO2 is more important than showing a nicely colored map which is not easy to interpret but may suite your agenda because it makes the USA look clean. Deflection

Deflection is better than hypocrisy. Hypocrite.

It's not too hard to turn the map around.

What do you think that map is presenting? Particles in the air--I guess a large amount of it consist of desert-dust.

This data Lists of Countries by Carbon Dioxide Emissions per Capita and Map showing CO2 Emisions per Country may be more relevant

Oh, by the way, one of your links shows China and Ireland having equal emissions (per capita of course). And India is a eco-heaven. Only it isn't.

You do realize how absurd that is, right? Your list is deliberately constructed to tell a literal "truth" that is absolutely deceptive.

Allow all the illegal immigrants trying to come through Mexico into the US and the per capita emissions will drop even further. :rolleyes:

What you seem to fail to see is, that the population of, for example, India, is extremely dense. So, yes, they do have a high emission, but divided per person, it's not so impressive.

Actually, that was my point.

I guess according to you guys, it's OK to pollute so long as you have enough "bodies" to average it out to "no big deal."

Let’s see... who’s being sanctimonious here?

Look in this:

malone-campaign-wall-mirror-walnut-c.jpg

Back