Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I thought you were referring to Canada. In the US, many states have rules on welfare receipients having non-supporting partners, but it doesn't have to do with sex. Australia really legislates morality for those on social assistance? :eek:

In a roundabout way..it's not formally legislated, rather informally. The dept would act on (honest taxpaying, morally outraged) neighbours reporting them.

Where, I wonder, did the be-hatted, pipe-smoker originate ?
The shape of the face and the general layout is late 50's (the face reminds me of Dan Dare in Civvies, drawn by Frank Hampson (??)).

Meanwhile, the Army has coughed up a famous air-plane.
One used as "Gate Guard" this old meatbox is now in a museum.
Details HERE.

Where, I wonder, did the be-hatted, pipe-smoker originate ?
The shape of the face and the general layout is late 50's (the face reminds me of Dan Dare in Civvies, drawn by Frank Hampson (??)).

Meanwhile, the Army has coughed up a famous air-plane.
One used as "Gate Guard" this old meatbox is now in a museum.
Details HERE.

Eagle (the comic)

I probably should have kept mine :(

You totally definitely should have kept yours!

2000 AD

(I kept the few copies that a gurrl like me managed to get hold of, when not being bought Jackie and stuff :rolleyes:.)

New Year's Eve on the banks of the Thames

Gosh, it seems such a long time ago now

That famous 1950s comic the Eagle (featuring Dan Dare, pilot of the Future) was published by a sizeable house and it included a comic for girls called "Girl".

By strange quirk of fate, there are four of the annuals in my local charity shop.

That famous 1950s comic the Eagle (featuring Dan Dare, pilot of the Future) was published by a sizeable house and it included a comic for girls called "Girl".

By strange quirk of fate, there are four of the annuals in my local charity shop.

A comic for girls called 'Girl' reminds me a chap I used to know who had a cat named Cat, a dog named Dog, and boat named Boat.

A comic for girls called 'Girl' reminds me a chap I used to know who had a cat named Cat, a dog named Dog, and boat named Boat.

LOL, Captain Jack Sparrow saying he knew a sailor who had one eye, one leg and one arm, and they called him Larry.

I was on the banks of the Thames in 2000 AD! It is a long time ago, that's why it seems that way, LOL.
Afterwards, I went to the Brick Lane bagel bakery and had a salmon and cream cheese bagel and a squishy jam doughnut, mmmm!

LOL, Captain Jack Sparrow saying he knew a sailor who had one eye, one leg and one arm, and they called him Larry.

I was on the banks of the Thames in 2000 AD! It is a long time ago, that's why it seems that way, LOL.
Afterwards, I went to the Brick Lane bagel bakery and had a salmon and cream cheese bagel and a squishy jam doughnut, mmmm!

Why's the rum gone...?

Didn't realise the party had started already...

Oh, it's a total blast here! with the effing question that has been written so badly I'm spending half my life re-drafting it for the little students to understand, and the online tutorial powerpoint slides to put together.

Party streamers and balloons!

Party_Essentials_Decorations.jpg

Oh, it's a total blast here! with the effing question that has been written so badly I'm spending half my life re-drafting it for the little students to understand, and the online tutorial powerpoint slides to put together.

Party streamers and balloons!

Party_Essentials_Decorations.jpg

Students? Powerpoint slides? Jesus I have class in 4 1/2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back