Tigrans' Revenge

milkmaiden38

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Posts
4,770
Tigrans' Revenge OOC

Hi Everyone,
I’m looking to develop a follow on story to “heroes come in all shapes and sizes”. This will be a long term fantasy story. So I need committed partners. Please if you are not planning on sticking with the story don’t sign up! You don't have to do a character sheet, this is about writing a good fantasy story. Also I would like to see a certain level of writing skill, I prefer posts of multiple paragraphs of text, and please employ the use of a spell checker (I’m not perfect … but please try your best!).

For your character please outline the following items …
- Basic personality (joyful, angry, anxious, curious, etc)
- Some background (family, profession, mystery, conflict, or significant past event)
- Defect to overcome (trusting people, panic attacks, hates one of the other character’s race/species/gender, etc)
I’ll provide my character write up as a guide (see the Jola Character below … I’m also thinking about a Tigran potter (hairy potter! LOL) seriously I’m really thinking about a tigran potter.

There can be sex mixed into all the adventure parts … but I’m shooting for a pretty complete story. So the sex parts needs to flow with the story. Anyone interested please add a post to this OOC thread or PM me.
Thanks!


The story: Book 2 of the “heroes come in all shapes and sizes” story. This book will be called “Tigrans Revenge” The basic story line is a portal opens up in a major tigran city (Ardalis) … caught by total surprise the city’s defenses are wiped out … most of the people are captured and forced to build weapons and armor for the demonlords. The heroes will be some of the few that are not captured. They begin to fight back against the garliks and shadow demons (see below) … they start a resistant movement. Magic items are recovered and/or additional allies are found and city is retaken … and finally the portal is closed.

Tigrans
This race is a mix between a tiger (but others can be lions, panthers, etc and a human). They are powerful warriors that employ the powers of the great cats to stalk their foes. Their homes are great structures of sandstone and rock. Tigrans are expert warriors and spies, and relish an enemy that underestimates their capability. Some of the warriors ride atop great tigers when going into battle. See pics below:
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/241/1/e/white_tiger_by_ladylionink-d48aju6.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/145/1/d/miia__white_tiger_girl_by_kawa_v-d3h7vl8.jpg
http://paizo.com/image/content/CrimsonThrone/PZO9009-RakshasaDancer.jpg
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/190/4/c/lionman_2_by_jay_shell-d6cczt9.jpg
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/21/b4/6c/21b46c74b521d0894e9fb6156c7c3d7c.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/258/4/c/tigress_by_evergard-d49y8tr.jpg

How to play a tigran character:

Tigran are similar to human. But they are very strong willed. In this regard, Tigran are often drawn toward religion and military organizations. When it comes to race relations, the Tigran have a strong respect and admiration for minotaurs, humans, and centaurs. They are also devoted to honor. Honor is very important to them.

Some important differences from humans: When they are happy a Tigran will purr. They use their tail for balance. Don’t forget their clawed hands and feet…very good at smelling and hearing things. Their jaws are full of sharp teeth. They eat a more meat heavy diet, but do like grains, fruits, and grasses (the kind you mow … not smoke! LOL) Speaking of drugs … All Tigran types like catnap … or Halocus as they call it. In the city there are “dens” where the herb is found. Halocus is smelled … and has different effect on Tigrans … some become hyperactive, running around like their tails are on fire, while others roll and twist on the floor, rubbing their faces against it. It may take as long as two hours for a Tigran to "reset" from the Halocus effects.

Famous Tigran Saying:

Quit pulling my whiskers = your statement is full of shit
Tail puller = Someone that fight without honor … a dirty style of fighting
Tailless = Clumsy or unbalanced
Hairball = big insult
Sharpen your claws = get ready to fight

Character Selection and More detailed outline

In this story … the demonlords have opened up a portal to capture the tigrans and force them to produce weapons and armor for the larger war. Once all the weapons and armor are made … the Demonlords will wipe out this race. The “Hero” characters writers can select are from any races they like … but the most common in this city are tigrans, centaurs, and humans. If you choose a non-tigran race just provide a back story why you happened to be in the city during the attack (i.e. trader, ambassador, hired help, prisoner of the tigran kingdom, etc).

Basic Outline: Heroes fight on their own a bit … then meet up. Heroes establish an awesome hideout … next the group goes out of its way to taunt the Garliks … make Garliks SCARED of the heroes … (Garlik will punish innocents here … ) Recruit more people … interrupt supply lines … heroes capture a nearby town … .. turning it into a resistance town. Finally, raids against the leaders of the city … retake city … but will need to hold it against a second recapture attempt by the garliks.

Note: Demonlords will use Garliks but a large force of shadow demons will also be used. Shadow demons are human sized and look very much like black bugs with glowing eyes. They fight with swords and shields. Similar to garliks, they are not of this plane … So when you kill them they return to their own plane. They are basically evil spirits turned into physical form. See pic below.

http://www.triumphstudios.com/shadowmagic/screens/s-shadowdemons-big.jpg

The city of Ardalis (Tigran city)
Most of the story will happen in this city. So I felt some detail was needed to help the writers. The city is formed around trade, its iron mines and pottery. See picture below … please remember the houses are made of sand stone or rock.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/095/6/a/City_of_Gantilia_by_Sapiento.jpg

Areas around Ardalis

Ardalis is located on the river in fairly flat lands. On either side of the river the land becomes more hilly …. And is tree filled. The flat lands are sometimes called the Tablelands. This fertile belt is irrigated by small canals and is where the grain fields and fruit-bearing orchards are that surround the city all in neat rows. Ardalis has stone walls with statues of bold lions flanking each gate into the city.

Two gates (west and east) offer access to the city. The east gate sees heavy traffic, including caravans bound to and from the iron mines in the nearby hills. Makla, is a small village in the foothills near the mines. The west gate leads to the nearest city to Ardalis which is called Imveria (small draconian town) not far from the west gate outside the city; one finds the City of the Dead, Ardalis’ cemetery. Tigran’s sometimes refer to it as the Bone yard. The sprawling burial ground features stone mausoleums, mass graves, and private plots. Three hills rise just beyond the irrigated plain. Here one finds the place to study high magic called the three sisters (named after the three hills). Baban Tylos, is the chief Mage, a Panther Tigran. This series of buildings are guarded by stone golems.

The city of Ardalis

ARTISAN QUARTER: is a rich commercial district where Tigran’s shop for foodstuffs, finished goods, and other commodities. Prices are high in the quarter, but the quality is second to none. Potters’ square: This open courtyard is filled with potter’s wheels, wells, and massive stone kilns.

Here, trained artisans fashion the vessels for which Ardalis is best known. Platters, casks, urns, and other pieces come from this square, all featuring metallic glazes, stylized art features, animal carvings, and, of course, likeness of the lion king. The blazing kiln at the center of the square is VERY hot

The King’s Cup: The King’s Cup, a small and unassuming cafe off Potters’ square, is the secret headquarters for the assassins’ guild. The half-elf Thania leads the guild that meets in the workshop.

Banker’s Quarter is a play on words as this is a poorer section of the city. A small neighborhood houses people not Tigran. The Elven Market is where elf merchants set up tents and makeshift stalls to sell exotic goods from all over the region. Beggar’s Palace is a large portion of the banker’s quarter that contains vacant and crumbling buildings. The term “Beggar’s Palace” refers to any of the ruined buildings in this area of the neighborhood, not a specific structure. Those who cannot find lodgings elsewhere make do with what they can find here. Beggar’s Palace is a warren of rot and decay, and only the most destitute and wretched people linger in the area.

Merchant Quarter: Simple stone buildings and tight, twisting streets characterize this quarter, making it a veritable maze. It is home to thousands of laborers, merchants, and warriors. Shops and taverns are around every street corner. Old Market is a square where good can be found for reasonable prices. It is a small, shabby, open-air bazaar that attracts customers from all over the city. Buyers can find spices, herbs, and rare cosmetics, not to mention illegal items such as ritual components and poisons. City Watch rarely raid the market, making such transactions safer here than elsewhere in the city.

Prefecture: The small island/castle structure called the prefecture. The grounds include the offices of the city watch, the city mint, armories, storehouses, and the Guard Barracks—a massive, brooding structure with training grounds, drill yards, mess halls, and an impressive armory.

Isle of Ventulli: This area displays enormous wealth. No common houses front the streets; instead, great estates and mansions demonstrate the luxury enjoyed by Ardalis’ elite. The sumptuous palaces, gardens, armories, and barracks of the manors are dazzling, but their splendor pales beside the view of the river.



My Character
Name: Jola
Ambassador from The Nest (Naga Kingdom)
http://digital-art-gallery.com/picture/6716

Basic personality: Jola does not trust other races … mainly because they don’t trust her. She does like humans however as her wizard master was human and was very kind to her. She is patient and waits for the right moment to strike! She acts like this in combat, conversations, and relationships.

Background: Jola was raised from an egg by a wizard as a familiar. She served the wizard for many years but he finally passed away from old age. Not sure what to do after his death … she traveled to the Naga kingdom (called The Nest). She was selected as an Ambassador for the kingdom, because of her great skills with languages and knowledge of other races. Her first posting was to Ardalis. Naga’s are pretty rare and not much is known about them. Most races do not trust them.

Defect to overcome: She will not want to join the resistance right away. She is here to help The Nest … not the city of Ardalis. But actions and events will drive her to join the resistance. She will need to learn to trust the other races as well.

Naga Background Information (most characters will not know this): Nagas were all different. It seems that for every species of serpent, there was a corresponding race of serpent people. Venomous cobras, adders, sea snake, indigo racer, black mambas, vipers, pythons, rattlesnakes and anaconda. To make matter worse the upper half of the naga could also vary from across the range of intelligent races such as human, elven, orc, fae, etc. Jola is a Human/anaconda Naga. Naga’s thrive in the jungles and swamps. A few like the rattlesnake type liked the desert. But Jola is not that type. Jola has a strong affinity for water … Big caution fighting anaconda Naga in the water is just plain stupid! With their snake body, they can easily drown most creatures. Nagas are very quick and graceful. Their powerful, snake-like trunks are strong, powerful, and they can move fast on land and even faster in the water. They can climb trees. For most naga’s asphyxiation is their favorite way to kill.
 
Last edited:
Name: Jonz
Outcast Draconian warrior

aurak_draconian_by_dragonosx-d2ymip1.png


Unlike most Draconians who have been bred to be dragon protectors, Jonz was made by magic. More a product of forbidden and dark arcane magic than anything else, Jonz came into this world knowing nothing else than pain. It became apparent that Jonz was a failed product and he was discarded, thrown out of the cave, left to die, to fill the graveyard of failed mergings. Only that even in his infancy, Jonz had other ideas as did Fate. Not only did Jonz manage to strangle the first few carrion feeders, but when their own kind started to feast on them, he managed his own escape through crawling into the forest from where they came from.

Of course Jonz was not the first to do so, only that Fate had taken a hand in Jonz' life just then. A troop of Draconian soldiers, seemingly lost, came across him, after deciding to take him on as one of their own, they seemed to find the way back home once more. Jonz grew up in the Draconian barracks, he wanted to go nowhere else, this meant that as he grew, he grew up fighting. The only problem was that Jonz was seen as a failure for one reason, though he was humanoid, he was too big and as he grew it became apparent that he had been imbued with another part of a dragon. Fire.

It was when Jonz already stood at 7' that he had to leave the city, he had to make a living and the only thing that Jonz knew was to fight. This made him to become a sell-sword, a mercenary. Jonz' services became sought-after, though he was never to be bought once he had struck a deal. That bit of honor remained to him.

Jonz' is now traveling the country, currently camping on the outskirts of Ardalis

Equipment: Light leather armor, Claymore, Bastard sword, arming sword, backpack holding food and loot, a large water skin and a money pouch

Fear: Jonz has an intense fear of asphyxiation and through that fear he has a fear of large snakes and Nagas. His reaction to these fears vary, from freezing up to attacking

Character: Though Jonz can be a bit militaristic, he is very loyal to whom he serve and those who fight with him. A bit emotionless when it comes to killing, he is known to show compassion at the strangest of times.
 
Name: Sir Deson Hild

knight.jpg


Deson Hild grew up in the palace, when he was of age he started life as a squire, he didn't seem to stand out in any way from all the other squires. He gained knighthood, but shunned any lands that came with his title, instead he joined the Church. He studied as a priest and in a few years he gained the title: Knight of the Church. He gets send on the more..."dangerous" of emissarian roles, he is seen as a cleric and even has the skills of healing. In a pinch and with the proper preparations he can be used to bless items.

But there is a secret that Deson Hild harbors, he has the use of magic. Magic is forbidden by the Church as it is seen to be the worship of Pagan gods, but Deson have found that the Elves do not worship any gods for the use of their healing magic, they merely use the body's energies to heal and it was in secret that he learned this skill.

Fear: Sir Deson Hild has one fear only, drowning. He will not go near any body of water while in his armor.

Equipment: Two handed one sided sword, long sword, short sword, plate armor, shield, money pouch

Personality: Deson is very reserved in public, he stays strictly to his code of honor and the teachings of the church...in private is when Deson the knight can become Deson the man
 
Scar an old cantankerous Worgen warrior, without family an ancient Worgen trainer raised him. Strictly taught the ways of the Worgen warriors of the past, after years of this training his Master trainer gave his own armor. His weapons were given in the traditional blood rite, his chest was cut by both burning blades of his Master. Saluted by the True Fang Guardians he chose his path, years of battle fighting for worthy causes and honor gained. Eventually he did become a Fang Guardian, as his ancestors that had come before him. With hard drinking womanizing ways as his race is renown for, but way down deep beneath the rough exterior beats a heart of gold. His rough gray coat of fur always looks like it needs brushing even after getting one. His blue eye twinkles when he's got a belly full of drink, the other covered by a black patch that gives him a very roguish appearance. Multiple piercings in his ears one ears half missing, and the many scars he always has a tall tale for. Only going by scar as his name means Wild Meadow in Worgen tongue, due to his unknown mother who named him. He would be the first to admit he sure isn't anything pretty at all, speaking with a thick brogue when he decides to, he's near unintelligible when he's thoroughly drunk off his furry ass. A fear of an unworthy death brings him to fight with ruthless abandon, his moody disposition can make Scar very difficult to get along with.

b71faa3b16c216d5339e2d9d91646644.jpg


Isis was born to a poor family by Tigran societies standards, her Father was a mercenary and killed in a foreign battle. Her Mother raised Isis alone as best she could, having a job working in a Brothel to provide. Over the years her Mother Ibiza befriended the Madame, when she died of old age Ibiza inherited the Brothel. She didn't want her daughter getting into the business, so she sent her away the join the Tigran guard. During basic training her abilities with a spear was well above par, transferred to the Royal Lancers to in time gain a rank of Captain. Isis served with honor for years before her Mother Ibiza grew Ill, retiring from the Royal Lancers she cared for her Mother until her death. Inheriting the prosperous Brothel changed the rules, the working girls would be educated and taught to defend themselves. Spells of good health we're placed upon the girls, only wealthy males and females could enter the establishment. Isis is independent to a fault thus she's unwed without a Mate, having feelings that she hides from one that longs for her love. Being her Independent nature has kept her alive, she carries a fear of giving her heart only to have it broken and left alone

lioness_by_felsus-d3s1fko.jpg
 
Last edited:
http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/453001-454000/453675/313_max.jpg

Name: Skadu
Tigran Hunter

Skadu was a hunter for the city of Ardalis. He spent his time in the wilds outside of the city tracking and hunting the big beasts to feed the voracious appetites of the Tigran's for meat. He was on one of his trips when the Portal opened and so was able to escape being captured. He has a small hunters cottage in the wilds that he and a few others use together that is stocked with basic supplies and bedding, plus a stove and basic amenities.

Personality: Skadu is a loner and prefers to hunt alone. He doesn't distrust other people it's just that he has been alone for so long he has grown to prefer his own company over the company of others. He rarely talks aloud and can sit silently for hours at a time becoming light his namesake. *Skadu means Shadow*

Defect: Skadu will be hard to get along with as he will offer nothing in the way of information at first until others have proven themselves to him. He has a few friends in the city that being the only reason he is even bothering to attack.

Equipment: Besides his cottage, Skadu is armed with his bow and arrows, a short sword, skinning knife and his war claws. He wears leather armor.

War claws: Razor sharp metal gauntlets worn over a Tigran's natural claws allowing them to slash through chain mail light butter and even cut through Plate mail after several blows in the same area.
 
My Other Character

Name: Felina Zodith

Potter (works in Potter’s Square)

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/145/1/d/miia__white_tiger_girl_by_kawa_v-d3h7vl8.jpg

Basic personality: Felina is a budding young female Tigran. Who will draw compliments from others for her beauty, etiquette, and civility. She is extra rare, being a white tiger Tigran! All attempts by her mother to marry her off to would be suitors have ended in disaster. Felina wants to be free … and experience LOTS of men before she settles down. She is the opposite to Jola … she trust everyone … probably too much.

Defect to overcome: She does not know much about fighting. She is an artist … not a resistance fighter. But she loves the city of Ardalis. Others in the group will need to teach her skills.
 
http://ayay.co.uk/backgrounds/fantasy/monsters/mirri-cat-warrior.jpg

NAME: Mirri

Occupation: Palace Guard

Personality: Mirri is a very honorable warrior. She is one of the few female warriors to have been on the palace guard and the only one to have been in charge of a talon. Her word is her bond and she will never break a promise once given.

Defect: Mirri is stubborn and believes her way is right far to often. She does not take advice from others well as she believes she knows the best course of action in most things.

Background: Mirri is the daughter of one of Ardalis's greatest palace guards. From an early age she was training with her brothers and it turned out she was good. She became the youngest trainee to enter the academe, and then the youngest recruit to enter the palace guards. She rose through the ranks until she was leading a Talon (platoon). She is still pure as she has not had time for men but as her life has now settled a little she has now started to notice the opposite sex.
 
Hey Everyone,
I have started the Tigrans’ Revenge IC. It is a normal morning in Ardalis.

Remember this is an epic tale … with fantastic fights and heroic action. However at the start … your characters and my characters too (and the city) are going to get their asses kicked! As they get more experience and knowledge … they will start to fight back.

Then it will be our turn to kick some ass!

Please let me know when your opening posts/events/setups are complete and I’ll open the door for the Garliks and shadow demons to attack.

Thanks!
 
OK so basically if I get this right one of my characters will be entering the city as an emissary from the Church, the other will be camping outside the city.

If I read your idea right, only one of my characters will be directly involved with the first bout of fighting. The Church Knight
 
Scars in the local bordello drunk off his ass but battle and bloodlust will get the old reprobate going quickly lol!
 
correct ... the shadow demons will be entering the city via a portal inside the imperial guard complex.

these opening posts are just designed to set the stage and intro your characters ... if you wish to wait until the demons have taken over the city that is fine ... just let me know.

Thanks!
 
Oh there fun. Just concentrate on your character's actions but every now and again throw in an observation on what is going on around you. Eg you describe your fight with a shadow demon, but as you kill it you look up and 20 Tigrans are fighting a loosing battle against 60 shadow's. Things like that.
 
Don't worry wolf brother, we will be here with you when the pawpaw hits the ceiling fan
 
Name; Aziza
Tigran
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/21/b4/6c/21b46c74b521d0894e9fb6156c7c3d7c.jpg


Aziza was born into one of rich families living on the Isle of Ventulli. Her family owns a large estate there. She has recently discovered a dirty little family secret of the name of...Sanura, her half sister. What makes it all the worse is that Sanura is half human...an abomination to the more conservative minded. When she confronted her father with her discovery, wanting to bring Sanura home and into the family...there was a tremendous quarrel. Aziza fell out of favor with her family and was disinherited.

She left with just a few personal items, including the document with the name of St. Vito Monastery on it. Apparently the monks there had been taking care of her sister since she had been born. Oh her father had seen to her welfare, he just never wanted his mistake to come out into the open. Aziza was going to find her half-sister, she still couldn't believe she had a sister, she wasn't an only child anymore.

As she left her home and got into a carrier, she leaned over and told the driver to take her to the St. Vio Monastery, taking one last look back before settling down for the ride. As she watched familiar sights go by she thought to check her pouch, to make sure she took the two magic items that her grandfather had given to her before he died. He had told her to keep them secret, and she had done what he wanted. She took them out now, the first he had said was called the Ring of Ironskin. Once placed on a finger your skin turns to iron, (looks like normal skin..and only lasts for 10 mins/day. The second item he had called the amulet of sand. The amulet was a necklace holding a single "arrowhead" like gem on it. If you touch the stone...and speak a magic word...you become sand (a thin pile of it). She remembered him saying,

"You can sense and understand everything going on in this “sand” state. Then when you are ready … you can return to being a person again by thinking the magic word."

With his last strength he made her promise to never tell anyone the magic word unless in dire straights or on her deathbed. He had whispered the word...closed his eyes and died. Poor Aziza had only been 10 at the time, but kept her word and hid the items, never using them. Now she looked closely at each, took the amulet, slipped the ring on it and put it around her throat.

Sighing she looked at the sun in the sky thinking, (it will be awhile before I get to the monastery I may as well relax for now.)


Defect to overcome: She does not know much about fighting. However … she does know where some of her families magic items are kept. She also has had some really bad relationships … and has sworn off men!
 
Last edited:
I'll just crank up my epic scifi fantasy movie and video game soundtracks and whoop some Shadow ass!
 
Ok,
Here come the bad guys!!


Remember earthquake ... then invasion. You are pretty familiar with the Garliks (small 4 ft high imps) but the shadwo demons are hum sized and pretty tough to kill. Think of them as bug like (exoskelton) They do fight with swords and shields.

The demons need to keep the tigran alive ... so they will only kill people resisting.

As a writer ... have fun killing off some of these demon creatures ... but after that you'll need to go into hiding. There are WAY TOO MANY of them. We will need to start hooking up into sub groups at least at some point.

The King will make a pretty big mistake here ... He will be captured ... if your character is Tigran ... and the king asked you to stop fighting ... in most cases you will do as the king requests. Remember Tigrans follow:

Honor: A Tigran will always strive to conduct themselves in the highest ethical manner in all relationships with peers, superiors and subordinates; to be honest and truthful in their dealings with each other, and with those other outside races. The code of honor came with an uncompromising integrity, of taking responsibility and keeping your word;

Courage: Tigran’s must have courage to meet the demands placed on them. To lack honor is the easy way out. It takes courage to have honor. Maintain honor regardless of personal consequences; to be loyal to the Tigran nation. Courage is the value that gives Tigran the moral and mental strength to do what is right, even in the face of personal adversity.

These are important principals to them. I guess that is it ... this is going to be bad for the good guys ... but later ... the heroes are going to get some payback!!
 
check so Mirra must either be ordered out of the city before the call to lay down arms is given or she will be captured as she will keep fighting. Hmm how do you feel about there being a prince or princess, teenage, in the place where Mirri is. That is why a contingent of palace guards are there in the first place, as the Prince/ess is doing their combat training. When portal opens they try to get to Palace see it hopeless and instead are ordered to escape into jungle to keep them alive and to have a rally point for rebels.
 
Wombat9966 thought up some good terrms for the army units.

Pride= whole army
Talon= 1000 Tigrans
Claw= 100 Tigrans
Fang= 10 Tigrans
 
Last edited:
Fang=10 would go better being Cats don't you think? Oh and I'm not feeling the right vibe to write for Scar and Wylnias, so whoever wants to take over writing for Scar be my guest. I'm leaving Wylnias in Order of the Glaive, sorry about bailing on the RP but I'm in too many now.
 
Last edited:
We will keep Scar alive if you do decide to come back wolf brother...or he can have the same fate as Deson's horse befall him (yes pun intended)
 
fang adjustment made.

I love scar ... i'll write for him ... if that is ok?

Any tips on the accent?
 
Thanks MM I'd like you to have him, what I did was search old Scottish sayings. And if you choose he dies at some point let it be saving Isis the Lioness and the girls. ;) I just had a good idea Dk MM should write for Peg in Space Rogues :D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top