Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope Steve, NOT that Daddy Cool...it's a famous Aussie rock band..

And, no again, still getting things sorted before I go - Wednesday.:eek:

No, Michael, Boney M was my (shameful) association... :eek:

Surely all you need is 3 pairs of undies: one to wear, one cleaned and one in the wash... ;)

I'd have thought a writer would've been familiar with the rule of three. Perhaps you've just never thought to apply it to holiday packing... ;)

I've read a lot of travel writing. Never been mentioned. Probably why underwear are called 'unmentionables'?

I've read a lot of travel writing. Never been mentioned. Probably why underwear are called 'unmentionables'?

I have trained all three of my boys to refer to the lingerie department in clothes stores as "ladies' unmentionables." I'm such a bad parent...

Which (getting back into the game, which I kinda lost track of for a while there...) reminds me, I haven't watched The Untouchables for a loooong time. I want Sean Connery's hat...

I have trained all three of my boys to refer to the lingerie department in clothes stores as "ladies' unmentionables." I'm such a bad parent...

Which (getting back into the game, which I kinda lost track of for a while there...) reminds me, I haven't watched The Untouchables for a loooong time. I want Sean Connery's hat...

Sean Connery was in the Untouchables? Don't you mean Elliot Ness's hat?

Sean Connery was in the Untouchables? Don't you mean Elliot Ness's hat?

Nope. Connery played the streetwise Irish(??) cop who organised Ness's police academy recruits. But, essentially, any of those beefy flat caps would do...

The Loch Ness monster...

Nope. Connery played the streetwise Irish(??) cop who organised Ness's police academy recruits. But, essentially, any of those beefy flat caps would do...

well at least I got Elliot Ness right:). I don't remember SC in the series though.."beefy flat caps" - like Andy Capp's caps?

The Loch Ness monster...

The Abominable Snowman.

The Abominable Snowman.

Not the series, Michael, the movie with Kevin Costner as Ness and Robert de Niro as Capone...

Yes! That's exactly the type of cap I'm talking about... And Andy Capp's creator, Reg Smythe, lives and died about 15 miles up the coast from where I live. That's my cultural heritage, that is... ;)

Oops, forgot the game. Again. Ummm... Bigfoot

Not the series, Michael, the movie with Kevin Costner as Ness and Robert de Niro as Capone...

Yes! That's exactly the type of cap I'm talking about... And Andy Capp's creator, Reg Smythe, lives and died about 15 miles up the coast from where I live. That's my cultural heritage, that is... ;)

Oops, forgot the game. Again. Ummm... Bigfoot

yup..while you were going on about cultural heritage..we've moved on to pronunciation problems.
:D

bought and brought..

um yes I guess..

You guess...? Lol. Me too, although I qualified largely as a fallback when I switched jobs a few years back.

Now it's The One Ronnie (is Ronnie Corbett still alive?)

Yep, and still working on and off for the BBC. Not a patch on his former self / selves, thought...

Ronnie Biggs, Great Train Robber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back