Story pending since 1/9

adamlily1972

Virgin
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Posts
14
Howdy...wondering if anyone else has had a story in "pending" status for more than a few weeks. I've had one pending since 1/9. (And it's definitely pending, not in draft stage--I've dotted all those i's.)

I've PM'd Manu and Laurel, e-mailed Literotica help, etc. Not sure if it's something specific to my story or if there's a backlog more generally. If the latter, no big thing. If the former, not sure what to make of it.

I did get my story published on two other sites, but the story does still belong to me (i.e., it's not copyrighted to those sites). But could that be it?
 
Howdy...wondering if anyone else has had a story in "pending" status for more than a few weeks. I've had one pending since 1/9. (And it's definitely pending, not in draft stage--I've dotted all those i's.)

I've PM'd Manu and Laurel, e-mailed Literotica help, etc. Not sure if it's something specific to my story or if there's a backlog more generally. If the latter, no big thing. If the former, not sure what to make of it.

I did get my story published on two other sites, but the story does still belong to me (i.e., it's not copyrighted to those sites). But could that be it?

Hi.
This happened to me (on a Re-edited submission) a few weeks back.
Submissions should only remain pending for a few days...

Go to the Writers Resources - FAQ, and look through for details of how to manage submissions. The part you need is about 2/3 of the way down (use your browser search to find 'longer than usual'. You will need to go to the Literotica 'Member' panel and send a message using the Online 'Email' form.

24 hours later it was online :)
I found it a bit complicated to understand at first, so get back to me if you still have problems :) x
 
No. Literotica does not have an exclusivity clause.

The most likely cause for a slow posting is that, while the story is pending, you went into the pending submission and clicked "save changes". Every time you append (or go through the motions of changing a submission), your submission goes back to the back of the line.
 
Oops...

My 'instruction' below was wrong.
If your work is stuck Pending, you need to send an email to the Moderators.

Same guidelines as before, bu search the FAQ for 'email' to find the part (and link) that you need :)

Hope this helps :) x
 
Hey, all--

Thanks very much for the directions / advice. Based on what you've said, I've done what I can—for now, I just need to wait. I'm still a reasonably new author (I've only got about 10 or so stories published on Literotica, so I've still got that "It's Christmas Eve" thing going on when it comes to getting published.)

Thanks, everyone--

Adam.
 
Is the Valentine's Day contest still going on? When the special contests are running/active, and your story is not a submission for said contest, it will take longer for it to appear.
 
Hi, all--

So, the story still isn't up. The story is pending (not draft). I've sent PMs to Laurel & Manu (and I have my "accept PMs" on, and sent a few e-mails to literotica's "memberhelp" e-mail address. I've been polite, nonconfrontational, etc., etc. . . nope. Complete radio silence.

Man. I dunno. At the very least a rejection would be nice.... Did I accidentally run over Literotica's dog or something?
 
Your best bet is probably to do what everybody says not to do.

Once a story ( except illustrated or audio ) has been in the queue for more than 10 days or so, it's likely fallen into a crack. Usually, you don't want to open the pending story, because if you do and save any changes, you go to the back of the queue again. In this case, it may very well yank the story out of that crack it's stuck in, and get it back into the active queue.

I would open the story, preview it again, and then hit the submit button. My guess is that it will go live in the normal 2-4 days.
 
Howdy--I just decided to delete the story. I'll wait a week or so and then try again. No rush.

Thanks again, all, for the help, including the PMs. It's much appreciated, and makes the community here great.
 
Back
Top