The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, dahlink *rubs almond oil into shoulders*. I have a Brabantia rotary drier on the patio in the garden. Every day I tootle out and say: Good morning daffodils! Good morning, roses - I will prune you next week, I promise! (even though now I find I ought to have done you in the autumn). Electric driers are very environmentally unfriendly, and I am a bad buddhist. Hanging the laundry is my moment of meditation. Or of going: Jesus H! that bl**dy builder still hasn't come back to fix the leak, and how can I make pancakes when the eggs are all out of date.

Snigger. Here's my second blogpost about drying laundry. The first early one wasn't as funny.

What race is that you're going to watch?

Oh, breaking out the oil? ;) I guess all the rain here makes it hard for outside drying. But I will admit, that i love taking my clothes out of the dryer that are all nice and warm. Dumping them into a big pile on the bed, and dive right in. Of course, the cats usually beat me too it. Ah, tender part, right....there.

I will be watching the NASCAR Martinsville race and maybe try and catch a little of the Indy car race as well.
:rose:

Oh, breaking out the oil? ;) I guess all the rain here makes it hard for outside drying. But I will admit, that i love taking my clothes out of the dryer that are all nice and warm. Dumping them into a big pile on the bed, and dive right in. Of course, the cats usually beat me too it. Ah, tender part, right....there.

I will be watching the NASCAR Martinsville race and maybe try and catch a little of the Indy car race as well.

Must have a bit of lubri-ication. ;). Goodness me, what a knot. I'll soon smooth that out.
A dryer is great for the towels, they come out so hot and fluffy. Mmmm. As you can imagine, I really dig fluffy! I once went to look at a room to let in a flat which was so horribly clean that I was the only piece of fluff on the carpet.
Rain! LOL, we live in Rain Central here in South Wales. Sometimes I'm running in and out the house all morning fetching the laundry in and out. It keeps me fit.
Enjoy the car racing. I think our biggest horse race, the Grand National, is on today. I usually put something on it but they are a bit iffy about letting piglets in the bookies these days so perhaps I better leave it this year.
:)

Must have a bit of lubri-ication. ;). Goodness me, what a knot. I'll soon smooth that out.
A dryer is great for the towels, they come out so hot and fluffy. Mmmm. As you can imagine, I really dig fluffy! I once went to look at a room to let in a flat which was so horribly clean that I was the only piece of fluff on the carpet.
Rain! LOL, we live in Rain Central here in South Wales. Sometimes I'm running in and out the house all morning fetching the laundry in and out. It keeps me fit.
Enjoy the car racing. I think our biggest horse race, the Grand National, is on today. I usually put something on it but they are a bit iffy about letting piglets in the bookies these days so perhaps I better leave it this year.
:)

Ah! Oh my, that's much better. I guess I am really tense back there. :eek: Yeah, I guess the rain is a poor excuse. I enjoy modern luxury, there, I admitted it. :D I may end up going shopping tomorrow for more camera stuff. Probably going to get an extra battery and lens hood. Mmm, I may drift off to sleep with the was the massage is going.

Oh, these are a bit older photos, but haven't shared them yet. I made a canvas of the black and white one that is hanging in the front hallway. http://sdrv.ms/10eluHF
http://sdrv.ms/Xv1Cnf
http://sdrv.ms/Y44nHa

Ah! Oh my, that's much better. I guess I am really tense back there. :eek: Yeah, I guess the rain is a poor excuse. I enjoy modern luxury, there, I admitted it. :D I may end up going shopping tomorrow for more camera stuff. Probably going to get an extra battery and lens hood. Mmm, I may drift off to sleep with the was the massage is going.

Oh, these are a bit older photos, but haven't shared them yet. I made a canvas of the black and white one that is hanging in the front hallway. http://sdrv.ms/10eluHF
http://sdrv.ms/Xv1Cnf
http://sdrv.ms/Y44nHa

There, I'm glad you're feeling better.

At least the rain makes it leafy and green! and it adds excitement to the laundry cycle. Ohmigosh! will I get my washing dry this week, I can hardly move for excited anticipation! :rolleyes:

Is that the canvas you had delivered the other day? Or a similar one?

Those tulips are gorgeous! You capture the colours so beautifully. I wrote a review of a flower photography book once, it was such fun! I keep meaning to dig it out and reproduce it on my blog. The journal was folding so they let you write what you wanted and I turned out a whole disquisition on lesbian art and the middle classes shopping for plants and antiques LOL.

Cup of tea, if you have finished your IPA? I'm going to make pancakes in a minute with my new glass mixer jug fitment that arrived as a free gift with the extortionately expensive cake-mixer. I don't know what else the glass jug can be used for, but it was free so I was like, Yeay! send it along!
:kiss: for the knot in your shoulder.

There, I'm glad you're feeling better.

At least the rain makes it leafy and green! and it adds excitement to the laundry cycle. Ohmigosh! will I get my washing dry this week, I can hardly move for excited anticipation! :rolleyes:

Is that the canvas you had delivered the other day? Or a similar one?

Those tulips are gorgeous! You capture the colours so beautifully. I wrote a review of a flower photography book once, it was such fun! I keep meaning to dig it out and reproduce it on my blog. The journal was folding so they let you write what you wanted and I turned out a whole disquisition on lesbian art and the middle classes shopping for plants and antiques LOL.

Cup of tea, if you have finished your IPA? I'm going to make pancakes in a minute with my new glass mixer jug fitment that arrived as a free gift with the extortionately expensive cake-mixer. I don't know what else the glass jug can be used for, but it was free so I was like, Yeay! send it along!
:kiss: for the knot in your shoulder.

It was the one that was delivered the other day. Did I share the pic already? Whoops. :eek:

Glad you like the tulips. I was visiting my mom and sitting at her desk when I say the vase of tulips next to me and knew I had to get a picture. Was reading the article about your birthday trip on your blog and those pictures were very impressive. Did you take those? Were they taken on a point and shoot or on a DSLR?

Pancakes and tea? I'm in! What kind of tea were you going to make?

Hehe, when cleaning out my study, I just found a Starbucks gift card I got for Christmas nearly 10 years ago that still has about $16 on it.

It was the one that was delivered the other day. Did I share the pic already? Whoops. :eek:

Glad you like the tulips. I was visiting my mom and sitting at her desk when I say the vase of tulips next to me and knew I had to get a picture. Was reading the article about your birthday trip on your blog and those pictures were very impressive. Did you take those? Were they taken on a point and shoot or on a DSLR?

Pancakes and tea? I'm in! What kind of tea were you going to make?

Hehe, when cleaning out my study, I just found a Starbucks gift card I got for Christmas nearly 10 years ago that still has about $16 on it.

Starbucks!!! Rolf and Olaf will be outraged. LOL, you better get some nice skinny raspberry frappucino with a cherry on the top or something.

I've switched to Luaka ceylon tea. Let me just toss your pancake. Lemon and sugar? Strawberry jam? Or chocolate spread :devil:. There's a little scraping left in the jar.

I am really flattered you like the photos on my birthday blogpost. I took them with the camera on my cheap phone! Photography is something I really enjoy but I don't have the time to learn properly about cameras. You, anna and HP will have to set up a tutorial thread here, LOL.

Starbucks!!! Rolf and Olaf will be outraged. LOL, you better get some nice skinny raspberry frappucino with a cherry on the top or something.

I've switched to Luaka ceylon tea. Let me just toss your pancake. Lemon and sugar? Strawberry jam? Or chocolate spread :devil:. There's a little scraping left in the jar.

I am really flattered you like the photos on my birthday blogpost. I took them with the camera on my cheap phone! Photography is something I really enjoy but I don't have the time to learn properly about cameras. You, anna and HP will have to set up a tutorial thread here, LOL.

Lemon and sugar sounds wonderful, thanks! :D

Amazing what simple cell phone cameras can take these days. Especially if the composition is set up nicely like in your shots. Taking pictures on my cell phone camera is what got me started in the first place. Like these, http://sdrv.ms/Skv3DD http://sdrv.ms/S4yU7V Ok, maybe I'm showing off a bit now. :eek: But I do like the idea of maybe a photographers tutorial and sharing thread on here. That reminds me, I need to sit anna down some time to show her how to post pictures onto this site.

Lemon and sugar sounds wonderful, thanks! :D

Amazing what simple cell phone cameras can take these days. Especially if the composition is set up nicely like in your shots. Taking pictures on my cell phone camera is what got me started in the first place. Like these, http://sdrv.ms/Skv3DD http://sdrv.ms/S4yU7V Ok, maybe I'm showing off a bit now. :eek: But I do like the idea of maybe a photographers tutorial and sharing thread on here. That reminds me, I need to sit anna down some time to show her how to post pictures onto this site.

Migosh, I'm purring here. Best butter, dahlink! LOL. I'm really thrilled that someone who takes such great photos would say such nice things about mine.

There you go - your first lesson can be how to post piccies up here.

That piccie of pebbles is lovely. You have such a great sense of colours in your shots - I don't even know the word for it, I expect there is one: the way colours work together.

Well seriously, some advice on a good camera to start with - and what to do with it ;) would be warmly welcomed. I have a couple of other things I need to buy <cough, whistles innocently> but if I get another teaching contract, I could be tempted by a proper camera. Things are not looking good now, though. I just got the first report on my marking and as usual my students are doing stratospherically well, LOL. I must tell them to dumb down their stuff and not respond so well to my teaching as it makes the managers nervous and throws their statistics out of sync.

Migosh, I'm purring here. Best butter, dahlink! LOL. I'm really thrilled that someone who takes such great photos would say such nice things about mine.

There you go - your first lesson can be how to post piccies up here.

That piccie of pebbles is lovely. You have such a great sense of colours in your shots - I don't even know the word for it, I expect there is one: the way colours work together.

Well seriously, some advice on a good camera to start with - and what to do with it ;) would be warmly welcomed. I have a couple of other things I need to buy <cough, whistles innocently> but if I get another teaching contract, I could be tempted by a proper camera. Things are not looking good now, though. I just got the first report on my marking and as usual my students are doing stratospherically well, LOL. I must tell them to dumb down their stuff and not respond so well to my teaching as it makes the managers nervous and throws their statistics out of sync.

I take nice pictures, but I know I've got a lot of room for improvement. :eek: But you're welcome.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rElz7zYzrhk/UQ-8-Z8pzRI/AAAAAAAAAVg/U_yB2_F9Ck8/s1600/Photo0745.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eh6x_cR-Ctw/UQ-9Kazq3VI/AAAAAAAAAW8/zU1TJjvthy4/s1600/Photo0756.jpg
Those two were my favorite from your set.

Aye, that would probably be a good first tutorial. Glad you liked the rocks picture. That was taken last September in Sequim. We were walking along the beach and saw these rocks stacked up in different places. I liked that set because of the way the branch from the driftwood holds them.

Now if I remember correctly, you teach writing. Am I correct?

Naoko, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. It was a hell of a day.

Molly, I still have yet to understand quite how to add a comment to your blog. There's no "anon" and I'm not keen on leaving my name & stuff all over the 'net.

As usual, you write with considerably flair and humour; I love it!

Good morning, Molly. I loved your entry about your redneck Easter. That sounded like a blast....no pun intended. :D

This particular party is long-awaited each year. It's more fun than you can stand, packed into a day of glorious freedom. I miss farm life.

Molly, I still have yet to understand quite how to add a comment to your blog. There's no "anon" and I'm not keen on leaving my name & stuff all over the 'net.

As usual, you write with considerably flair and humour; I love it!

You don't have to leave a comment, but each comment is highly appreciated, no matter what the forum you choose to use. Thank you.

So...Naoko, remember our little conversation about pancakes last night? Well, I had a sudden craving and made some this morning. :eek:

So...Naoko, remember our little conversation about pancakes last night? Well, I had a sudden craving and made some this morning. :eek:

Hey, where's mine? Piccies will suffice.

But if you are hungry this morning - oh, evening for you, I have good news. There's spam again at last! I'm making fritters and something a bit unusual in a thread on Lacoste shirts of all things. :devil:

Molly, I must read more of your blog, it looks great! I really felt for you there, I know that one of: Oh God, why did I not just keep my child permanently attached to my hip, (oh yeah, cuz it would have driven me completely insane). :D

HP, you must set up an online identity. Get a google plus account with email in your dragon's name and then you'll be able to comment on people's sites with impunity. If you set it up as Handley Page, people will even be able to follow you here and read your stories on the threads. :rose:

HP, you must set up an online identity. Get a google plus account with email in your dragon's name and then you'll be able to comment on people's sites with impunity. If you set it up as Handley Page, people will even be able to follow you here and read your stories on the threads. :rose:

Do I have to actually USE that e-mail account ?

Do I have to actually USE that e-mail account ?

Nah. Especially if you link it to Amazon or something, then it will keep itself alive because Amazon will feed it emails frequently making it look like it's active. I think some places do delete your account eventually if it looks like you're never going in there, but you can sometimes send a bit of spam out from it to keep it going.

Nah. Especially if you link it to Amazon or something, then it will keep itself alive because Amazon will feed it emails frequently making it look like it's active. I think some places do delete your account eventually if it looks like you're never going in there, but you can sometimes send a bit of spam out from it to keep it going.

With my dormant accounts, I sometimes forward genuine advertising from my used accounts, then visit the dormant account to delete it, or chain forward it to the others.

Or else I use the dormant account to send an email to my frequently used account.

Visiting and doing something once a month is enough.

Fag-Ash_Lil has her own email.

With my dormant accounts, I sometimes forward genuine advertising from my used accounts, then visit the dormant account to delete it, or chain forward it to the others.

Or else I use the dormant account to send an email to my frequently used account.

Visiting and doing something once a month is enough.

Fag-Ash_Lil has her own email.

Is she on Facebook? Can I 'friend' her? That would be nearly as cool as being adopted by Epic Sex Stories as a favourite writer on Smashwords (I've never been quite sure what ESS gets out of my slushy romances, LOL).

:heart:

Is she on Facebook? Can I 'friend' her? That would be nearly as cool as being adopted by Epic Sex Stories as a favourite writer on Smashwords (I've never been quite sure what ESS gets out of my slushy romances, LOL).

:heart:

Sorry. No. She's not. Neither am I, nor jeanne_d_artois.

I avoid Facebook because one member of my family uses it far too often. :(

But if you are hungry this morning - oh, evening for you, I have good news. There's spam again at last! I'm making fritters and something a bit unusual in a thread on Lacoste shirts of all things. :devil:

Molly, I must read more of your blog, it looks great! I really felt for you there, I know that one of: Oh God, why did I not just keep my child permanently attached to my hip, (oh yeah, cuz it would have driven me completely insane). :D

I'm sorry, but I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. :( But I didn't set the kitchen on fire this time. :D

I'm seeing empty floor space in my study that I haven't seen in three years. As I've mentioned before, I'm really trying to control my hoarding anxiety and see this as a liberating experience.

I'm sorry, but I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. :( But I didn't set the kitchen on fire this time. :D

I'm seeing empty floor space in my study that I haven't seen in three years. As I've mentioned before, I'm really trying to control my hoarding anxiety and see this as a liberating experience.

Oh no, stop it! You're making me feel terribly guilty. I have a whole house to keep clean, guys. I cannot be fretting about my study. :(

Anyway, I'm really excited because I saw a very small compact rice cooker today in ASDA's for only £7!!! For years I've suffered this cumbersome thing I bought in John Lewis; I can't believe this little trinket is on offer in the local ASDA's, why it's so dinky it's practically Japanese. :heart:

Under the Sea cake anyone? OK, the icing doesn't look much like the picture in the book, but it's proper butter icing - it tastes delicious! Mmm, nom nom, just let me get my nose out of the cake-mixing bowl.

And now I must make rice and steak and stuff, and go and watch even more Disney Princess movies - ah the sufferings of the MILF. I've spent the whole day pottering in the garden planting seeds, shopping for blue sparkly stuff to put on cakes, making cakes and now I've got to lounge about watching DVDs with popcorn and hint-of-lime Doritos, life is tough innit. ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo0974.jpg
    Photo0974.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 41

Not setting the kitchen on fire is good. ;)

Hey, my office was cleaned out last week too! I'll be able to paint soon. :D

What a wonderful night I had last night. I so love being in theatre.... :)

:) What've you been staging...?

Just a couple wonderful plays! One of them I attempted (and got pretty darn close to) an Irish accent for. It was so much fun. Our adjudicator commented on the five of us taking audiences through an auditory tour of the British Isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back