Looking for inspiration from other authors

BiLustLover

Virgin
Several years ago, I wrote Penis on a Pedestal. I clearly intended to write Part 2. But procrastination set in. BUT ALSO, I've never been sure what Part 2 should be. Part One was under Gay Male, though maybe it shouldn't have been. I think Part 2 would be under group sex, MMF version.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!!

At best, the contributors to this forum might be able to steer you toward a categorization for a completed work. You need to write the thing first.

Several years ago, I wrote Penis on a Pedestal. I clearly intended to write Part 2. But procrastination set in. BUT ALSO, I've never been sure what Part 2 should be. Part One was under Gay Male, though maybe it shouldn't have been. I think Part 2 would be under group sex, MMF version.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!!
My advice - write it as a new story. I think you'll get very few reads on Chapter 2 of a story whose Chapter 1 was published years ago.

Also, your posted story quite clearly is Gay Male and I'm sure Laurel would have placed it there even if you hadn't. I think it would be difficult to continue a coherent story without that also being Gay Male. There is no bi category here.

Good advice so far. Write it as a new story rather than as a second chapter. You'll get more views, especially if it takes a different direction from the first story.

Gay Male is considered a "trump" category, meaning if it has gay male elements then it will be put there even if it has other elements as well, so I'd put it there if it has those elements.

I get a lot of feedback that I should continue a story when readers have liked it, but after having written a few series I now tend to avoid that. Instead, I just start a new story with new characters, although there may be overlapping traits or plot elements. I think it's better to start fresh, and you're likely to get more readers.

AwkwardMD makes a good point: without knowing what the story arc (and overall erotic orientation) of the entire series is, it's hard to advise you. If you are not certain yourself, then I think that's all the more reason to just write separate stories than to struggle with how to publish it as a single series.

Good advice so far. Write it as a new story rather than as a second chapter. You'll get more views, especially if it takes a different direction from the first story.

Gay Male is considered a "trump" category, meaning if it has gay male elements then it will be put there even if it has other elements as well, so I'd put it there if it has those elements.

I get a lot of feedback that I should continue a story when readers have liked it, but after having written a few series I now tend to avoid that. Instead, I just start a new story with new characters, although there may be overlapping traits or plot elements. I think it's better to start fresh, and you're likely to get more readers.

AwkwardMD makes a good point: without knowing what the story arc (and overall erotic orientation) of the entire series is, it's hard to advise you. If you are not certain yourself, then I think that's all the more reason to just write separate stories than to struggle with how to publish it as a single series.

Good advice here especially the gay category being the trump. Most readers wouldn't read a second chapter if the first started out in gay male.

You can link back to your old story if you wish; you can use HTML for that and have the link in a notice at the top of the text. I'm not sure if the administrators will do that for you.

You can link back to your old story if you wish; you can use HTML for that and have the link in a notice at the top of the text. I'm not sure if the administrators will do that for you.
Yes, Laurel will do that. Just needs a note to the Editor in the submit page, so she knows the link is internal to Lit.

Your kind advice

Thanks very much for the assorted wisdom. I'll write it as a new story, for posting in group sex, as it will likely be FMM.

Back