Someone on the General Board threatened to shoot me

Saint_Ann

Enter Title
Should I be concerned? Is this the type of thing that should be allowed on this website? Is there a place on the web to report these types of threats?

Thanks.

You can report the post by clicking on the bottom left corner of the message that has the threat. You may want to send a PM to the site admin, Laurel, to alert her to the threat.

As I told you on the GB, he didn't threaten you, he asked a question. Learn to read and comprehend what people type. :rolleyes:

Should I be concerned? Is this the type of thing that should be allowed on this website? Is there a place on the web to report these types of threats?

Get a grip. He didn't "threaten" you but rather posited a hypothetical question.

That aside, his statement didn't even meet the criteria to be a credible threat. No law enforcement agency would see it that way nor should the admins of a sex related internet forum.

1.) First, based on his statement, which again was a hypothetical question he did not show INTENT. Did he brandish a weapon in you presence? Did he approach you? Has he made such alleged "threats" before?

2.) He does not have the apparent ABILITY to carry out the alleged threat. You're an anonymous, fictitious, persona on a web forum. He hasn't shown you a gun and you don't even know if he owns one.

3.) He has not, does not, and apparently will not have the OPPORTUNITY to carry out the alleged "threat". Again, fictitious people on a web forum, who do not know where the other person resides, works, or frequents to not have the opportunity to harm each other.

4.) You certainly aren't in JEOPARDY as, based on all of the above, he does not have the means to put you in jeopardy.

Obviously, you don't really feel threatened, you're just trying to stir up some shit at the expense of someone else. Maybe you should look at the definitions of slander, and how case law has expanded them in the age of the internet?

Last edited:
The threat was made, the intent was intimidation, and the Liberal admins of Literotica could give less of a fuck... it won't pass notice until a few liberals die, then and only then will there be any concern.

Get a grip. He didn't "threaten" you but rather posited a hypothetical question.

That aside, his statement didn't even meet the criteria to be a credible threat. No law enforcement agency would see it that way nor should the admins of a sex related internet forum.

1.) First, based on his statement, which again was a hypothetical question he did not show INTENT. Did he brandish a weapon in you presence? Did he approach you? Has he made such alleged "threats" before?

2.) He does not have the apparent ABILITY to carry out the alleged threat. You're an anonymous, fictitious, persona on a web forum. He hasn't shown you a gun and you don't even know if he owns one.

3.) He has not, does not, and apparently will not have the OPPORTUNITY to carry out the alleged "threat". Again, fictitious people on a web forum, who do not know where the other person resides, works, or frequents to not have the opportunity to harm each other.

4.) You certainly aren't in JEOPARDY as, based on all of the above, he does not have the means to put you in jeopardy.

Obviously, you don't really feel threatened, you're just trying to stir up some shit at the expense of someone else. Maybe you should look at the definitions of slander, and how case law has expanded them in the age of the internet?

I don't make the rules. I just expect them to be equally enforced.

5. Do not threaten other people. Do not post images or words directly or indirectly implying threats of physical harm.

In fairness, the rules of Lit are pretty clear regarding threats of physical violence. 'Means' aren't really part of the criteria. I've seen people reported for entirely undoable threats.
I personally don't think what Des said meets even Lit's definition if threat, but if the OP does, they just need to report it and move on. The mods will decide if rules have actually been breached. It's incredibly simple.

The threat was made, the intent was intimidation, and the Liberal admins of Literotica could give less of a fuck... it won't pass notice until a few liberals die, then and only then will there be any concern.

If you're so worried, report it.

I explained all that to him over on the GB. Guess he didn't like hearing that.

5. Do not threaten other people. Do not post images or words directly or indirectly implying threats of physical harm.

And again...HE didn't. Learn to fucking read numnuts. :rolleyes:

Looks like Annie the cancer-faking transvestite took his trolling to the How To board.

How quaint. :rolleyes:

Long ago, some IBM mainframe shops ran a terminal package whose commands included ShoTime, ShoJobs, ShoMail, and ShoGun. The last displayed a cartoon automatic pistol in profile, which turned to the user, fired, and logged off. Should users consider this as symbolic suicide?

Someone replies to your post with an animated gun pointing out of the screen and firing. Is the image alone a death threat?

Back