Lit Apple Mac, iPhone, iPad User Group

Really? Links that are not on the web? Then I bet you are the only one that can see them. Ever get any complaints?

I assumed, which I shouldn't have, that you wanted to have the video or Audio to appear in the post like JPG and GIFs do.

But with this version of vBulletin you can't. You can only post a link to where the video or audio lives on the web.

i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLvtvq1DcuI

or

Truck Fails

Then I bet you are the only one that can see them. Ever get any complaints?
- No I am not the only one that can see them. And have had no complaints.

But with this version of vBulletin you can't. You can only post a link to where the video or audio lives on the web.
- Are you sure? How do you know this?
.
 
Hmm. You have more posts to me but I have been around her longer than you have. Years of experience. Probably more than you are old.

Just take my word for it for now. If it changes I'll look you up and let you know.
 
.
Sorry for my absence, closing another thread took a lot of my time during the past two weeks.
As time permits do have have other things to post






Apple Begins Selling iPhone SE Again on Clearance Store, Starting at $249 Brand New



rQ0A5ts.jpg




Four months after Apple stopped selling the iPhone SE, the beloved device has made a sudden return to Apple's online store.



y0d9HmK.jpg




Apple is offering the iPhone SE with 32GB of storage for $249 and with 128GB of storage for $299 on its clearance store in the United States. These are brand new, unopened, and unlocked models with unchanged tech specs, including a 4-inch Retina display, A9 chip, Touch ID, and 12-megapixel rear camera.

Prior to being pulled, the iPhone SE was available with 32GB and 128GB of storage for $349 and $449 respectively, so Apple is offering $100 to $150 off. The device was originally released in March 2016 and was popular among fans of smaller smartphones and those who preferred the iPhone 5-like design.

It's unclear why Apple is selling the iPhone SE again, but it would appear to be clearing out stock. The iPhone SE remains on sale at select authorized resellers, as reflected on Apple's compare iPhone models page when the iPhone SE is selected.



n9u7UBR.jpg




It looks like the offer is only available to US customers. The UK version of Apple's site doesn't list the iPhone SE in its clearance section.

Apple stopped selling the iPhone SE in September 2018, the only remaining 4-inch iPhone and one of the last models to come with a headphone jack. The device originally came out in March 2016.

The iPhone SE was considered Apple's best iPhone among the cognoscenti, thanks to the fact it packed the guts of a higher end iPhone 6S into the smaller body of an iPhone 5S. It was also cheaper than the rest of Apple's flagship lineup at the starter price of $349.

As it stands, the cheapest iPhone you can buy directly from Apple right now is the iPhone XR or iPhone 7 for $449.
.
 
.
Apple FaceTime bug lets others listen in on you before you answer the call



  • A newly-discovered bug in Apple's FaceTime allows a person to secretly hear what someone is saying before they answer the call.

  • The bug affects any iPhone, iPad, or Mac that supports FaceTime.

  • Apple said it would release a software fix for the bug "later this week."



A bug in Apple's FaceTime video chat product has been discovered allowing someone to secretly eavesdrop on another user before they answer the call.

It affects any Apple iPhone, iPad, or Mac that can run FaceTime.

This bug seems to rely on the FaceTime Group Call feature, since you're trying to add another person to the call. Group FaceTime launched last year.

The bug in FaceTime allows someone to dial one of their contacts and listen in to the recipient's microphone before they actually answer the call. This can be accomplished by using the "add a person" feature after dialing the contact, and then adding your own number as the other person.

Furthermore, it was discovered that if the person being called pushes the power or volume button on their iPhone to dismiss the FaceTime call, it actually sends the caller a video feed, as well.



In the meanwhile, those concerned about the issue should disable FaceTime on their Apple devices until the fix is available.
Here's how:

Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.

Choose FaceTime

Toggle FaceTime to off.​

.
 
.
Apple has disabled group FaceTime calls


Apple has now temporarily shut down group FaceTime calls, which trigger the bug.

Asked why the concerns were not addressed earlier has declined to provide further information beyond a statement it issued Monday, in which the company said it had "identified a fix that will be released in a software update later this week."

In the meantime, Apple has disabled Group FaceTime calls. A System Status page on its website shows an amber warning next to FaceTime, with a note saying group calls are "temporarily unavailable."


zdmYiKr.jpg




I will post when the updates are available.


.
 
.
Facebook is reportedly paying users $20 a month to install an app that spy on their phones collecting all kinds of data


Facebook has been paying people in secret to install an app that allows the tech giant to collect data on how they use their smartphones.

Since 2016, the social networking giant has been paying teenagers and adults up to $20 a month plus referral fees to install the so-called "Facebook Research" app on their Apple or Android phones. To mask Facebook's direct involvement, the program is said to be administered through beta testing services Applause, BetaBound and uTest and is referred to as "Project Atlas."

According to a security expert, the app allows Facebook to collect data including private messages in social media apps, photos and videos to sent, emails, web searches and web browsing activities. It can also track ongoing location information from other location tracking apps installed in the user's phone, according to the report.

Last year, Apple removed Facebook's Onavo security app from the App Store because it did not comply with its privacy rules that stated apps "should not collect information about which other apps are installed on a user's device." However, Facebook sidesteps this ban by offering Facebook Protect directly to users, via a program that Apple offers to companies that want to offer custom apps to their own employees.


The app, Facebook Research, appears to be largely similar to Facebook's controversial virtual-private-network app Onavo and shares much of the same code, according to security expert Will Strafach, who investigated the program.
.
 
.
Facebook shut down an intrusive data gathering app it vigorously defended just hours earlier on Apple's iOS, but will keep the program live on Android.


Facebook has shut down an iOS app that installed intrusive data gathering software on people's phones, just hours after vigorously defending the project.

Initially, Facebook defended the program, and said that it had no plans to end Facebook Research, but around five hours later the app had been shut down on iOS.

Facebook has rubbed Apple up the wrong way over intrusive apps before. It previously banned Facebook's VPN app Onavo that much of this new app was lifted directly from Onavo's code. A Facebook said that Facebook Research was not built to replace Onavo.
.
 
.
This happened Friday but I've been wrapped up with other things



Apple has apologized for the Group FaceTime flaw/bug, fix now coming this week



Apple on Friday apologized for a massive FaceTime flaw that allowed folks to eavesdrop on other people.They said it had fixed the bug on its servers but needed an iPhone software update to turn the feature back on. It said such an update was coming this week. Previously said a software update would be released last week.

Apple credited the family of a 14-year-old boy who helped discover the bug and report it to Apple, though the company didn't appear to react immediately to his report.

Earlier last week, Michele Thompson, the mother of the 14-year old Apple credits with finding the bug, said that her son discovered it while group FaceTiming with friends. Thompson said she tried to report the bug to Apple but that she never received a response from the company.



Here's the company's full apology and statement:

We have fixed the Group FaceTime security bug on Apple's servers and we will issue a software update to re-enable the feature for users next week. We thank the Thompson family for reporting the bug. We sincerely apologize to our customers who were affected and all who were concerned about this security issue. We appreciate everyone's patience as we complete this process.

We want to assure our customers that as soon as our engineering team became aware of the details necessary to reproduce the bug, they quickly disabled Group FaceTime and began work on the fix. We are committed to improving the process by which we receive and escalate these reports, in order to get them to the right people as fast as possible. We take the security of our products extremely seriously and we are committed to continuing to earn the trust Apple customers place in us.






I'll let you know when the iOS and macOS updates are released
.
 
.
15 coolest Apple stores in the world



Apple's design is what has made it so successful: user-friendly and increasingly appealing, with sleek lines and crisp whites. That philosophy extends to its retail stores, too.

Inside, all of the stores look pretty much the same — Apple trademarked its store layout in 2013 — but each one offers its own unique look from the outside. Many stores are located in famed sites and historic buildings.

Angela Ahrendts, Apple's senior vice president of retail, has a vision for Apple stores: "A combination of experience and human connection," she told Vogue Business earlier this month. Ahrendts is the former CEO of Burberry and joined the tech company in 2013, a sign Apple has no plans to slow its retail ventures.

Apple now operates more than 500 retail stores in 25 countries, so it is likely wherever you go, there is an Apple store a short walk down the street.






Apple opened its first store in Thailand in November 2018. The store is located in Bangkok on the shores of the Chao Phraya.


apple-bangkok_store-opening-exterior_11072018_big.jpg.medium.jpg




The store is connected to Bangkok's Iconsiam Center, a mixed-use mall.

apple-bangkok_store-opening-interior_11072018_big.jpg.medium.jpg







Apple's Milan Piazza Liberty location is stunning. Just off the Corso Vittorio Emanuele, it is one of the most popular pedestrian streets in Milan.


apple-piazza-liberty_piazza-center-steps_07242018_big.jpg.medium.jpg




Visitors see a dramatic glass fountain right when they enter the store, and a backdrop to the large outdoor amphitheater.


apple-piazza-liberty_staircase_07242018_big.jpg.medium.jpg
 
.
Apple's first store in Southeast Asia opened in Singapore in early 2017. The 120-foot glass facade blurs inside and out, and 16 trees add to the city’s already lush greenery.


apple_singapore_orchard_road_120_foot_glass_exterior_big.jpg.medium.jpg



Its location on Orchard Road is also home to a plethora of other shopping malls — it's known as the shopping belt of the city.



The store's twin curved stone staircases are clearly the highlight of the space.


apple_singapore_orchard_road_staircase_inline.gif.medium.gif







Steps away from the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, is one of Apple's two Dubai locations.


storefront_dubai_dusk_big.jpg.medium.jpg



The 186-foot storefront at Apple Dubai Mall also overlooks the Dubai Fountain.



The store features “Solar Wings” that respond to the city's hot climate, shifting to cool down the space when temperatures rise.


dubai_solar_wings.gif.medium.gif



The wings are made from 340 carbon fiber reinforced polymer rods, and at 180 feet wide, the 18 panels make it one of the world's largest kinetic art installations.
.
 
.
Apple reportedly paid $2.5 million to renovate space in New York's iconic Grand Central Terminal. That is on top of the $5 million it reportedly paid to buy out the previous tenant.


5c531b1b2bdd7f13df57b63b-1136-811.jpg




The store on New York's Fifth Avenue consists of a 32-foot glass cube that's entirely self-supporting. A glass staircase leads into the store below.


5c531b7f2bdd7f1d3d547c59-1136-852.jpg



The iconic cube has been closed for the last two years, and Apple has been using a more traditional retail space nearby while renovations are done. However, the store is set to re-open this year.

The cube is one of eight Apple stores in New York City.






Apple opened a store in a refurbished bank building in Paris in 2010. The store is located just across the street from a famous opera house.


5c531cf42bdd7f185b08466b-1136-757.jpg




Apple kept all of the original architectural details, from the marble columns to the mosaic tile floors.



Inside, you will find a typical looking Apple store, but with a historic feel. White pillars stand strikingly tall, and black balcony railings cut through the space. Light shines down through a large-scale skylight.


5c531dd62bdd7f144b0d0a62-1136-756.jpg
 
.
In Beijing's Sanlitun district, a large stainless-steel structure makes an imposing impression.


5c531f952bdd7f1fef5ea816-960-720.jpg



The look is quite unique compared to its other stores, where floor-to-ceiling windows tend to take design dominance.







In Berlin, Apple installed a store in an opera house that dates back to 1913.


5c5320352bdd7f15063fa262-1136-1136.jpg



With walls made of limestone from a local quarry, and thick German oak tables, this store shows Apple's appreciation of historic spaces and their cultural significance.







On Regent Street, the most popular shopping street in West London, is one of Apple's largest stores in Europe.


apple-regent-street-1_big.jpg.large.jpg




It also includes a mezzanine level overlooking the store's open-plan layout.


apple-regent-street-2_inline.jpg.large.jpg



Regent Street was Apple's first store in Europe, having welcomed more than 60,000,000 visitors since 2004, according to the company.
.
 
.
Apple's Shanghai store is one of its most iconic: a glass cylinder leads to the main part of the store, situated underneath the courtyard.


5c5323092bdd7f1442668663-960-720.jpg



Apple was granted a patent for the glass design, which had to be curved very carefully in order to achieve its shape.



In Chicago, Apple is beginning to dive into what it calls "a new generation" of its retail locations.

chicago_michigan_ave_entrance_exterior_inline.jpg.large.jpg



The newest Midwest store connects North Michigan Avenue, Pioneer Court, and the Chicago River. Apple plans on having the store serve as a space for the local community.



The building’s 111-by-98 foot, carbon-fiber roof was designed to be as thin as possible and is supported by four interior pillars that allow for 32-foot glass facades.


michigan_ave_chicago_front_entrance_glass_detail_inline.jpg.large.jpg

.
 
.
Apple opened its first store in Kyoto, Japan, last summer on Shijō Dori, the city's main technological and retail hub since the 1600s.


nso-kyoto_exterior-store_08222018_big.jpg.large.jpg



The building's architecture is meant to take inspiration from Japanese lanterns and features a multi-level atrium that will host the company's Today at Apple sessions.






Apple's newest Paris location on Champs-Élysées is as lavish as the famed boulevard itself.


Apple-Champs-Elysees-opens-11152018_big.jpg.large.jpg



The store is housed in a Haussmann-era apartment building — named after the man who renovated the look of Paris in the 1850s.



Apple's modern retail space is a refreshing, striking contrast to the famous design characteristics of France's architecture.


Apple-Champs-Elysees-opens-team-members-11152018_big.jpg.large.jpg



Apple decided to keep the oak parquet floors line the upper levels in an attempt to "revive the building's original spirit."
.
 
.
New iPhone update iOS 12.1.4 fixes Group FaceTime bug



Apple has released iOS 12.1.4, the latest update of the software that powers iPhones and iPads. This is a minor update, but it's notable because it re-enables Group FaceTime after a nasty bug was publicized last week.

The update also included an additional fix for an unrelated flaw in FaceTime that was discovered as part of a security audit.


To download the iOS update, simply navigate your iPhone to Settings > General > Software Update.
.
 
.

How to skip YouTube ads on a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar



fFvQ71u.jpg




It's not clear if this is a bug. Either way, some may argue that this is the only useful feature to come from Apple's divisive Touch Bar feature.

This seemingly is able to skip an ad that isn't designed to be skipped at all. During attempts at the trick, you may only encountered ads that could be skipped after five seconds, so I couldn't exactly replicate the Reddit user's trick.

The method doesn't seem to be too different for either styles of ads, whether they can be skipped after a certain amount of time or not at all: tap toward the end of the YouTube ad timeline on the Touch Bar to skip the ad.



The trick only works on Apple's Safari web browser with the 'App Controls' Touch Bar setting.

bbEKJo3.jpg




The Touch Bar settings on Macs should be set to "App Controls" by default, but you can check by going to Settings>Keyboard> and checking the "Touch Bar shows" option.



For ads that can be skipped after a certain amount of time, you'll see how long you have to wait to skip the ad, and a video timeline should appear on the Touch Bar.

f22K8at.jpg





With your finger, tap and drag the timeline indicator toward the right, but don't drag it all the way to the end. Then, release your finger, and you can click the "Skip" button.

For ads that can be skipped after a certain amount of time, videos appear to go into an everlasting loading loop if you drag the timeline indicator all the way to the right. You have to stop short of the ad timeline's end.

Then, you can click the "Skip Ad" button on the video.

TbfKU6K.gif




This appears to be an unskippable ad, and simply tapped toward the end of the ad's timeline on their Touch Bar to resume their video.

rjWKZDC.jpg




Essentially, the user simply taps at the end of the ad's timeline, which skips the ad and lets the regular video resume.

Just remember, this is all technically a workaround, so YouTube — or Apple — could disable this ability at any given time.
.
 
.
How to clear cache on iPhone to make it run faster- apps, browser



Ever wonder why your iPhone's loading speed is slower than usual? Contrary to what you might think, it isn't necessarily because your phone is getting old or because your network is slow. It could be that your iPhone is bogged down by too many useless files and app data, which likely means it's time for you to clear out your cache.

Cached data encompass all the files and images that your phone has hidden away in its memory. That includes passwords and scripts from previously visited websites that your phone keeps handy for easy access.

In theory, the feature is supposed to make things easier and faster for you because your phone doesn't have to repeatedly ask you for your passwords and other information. While Apple hasn't confirmed it directly, the general consensus of the tech community is that when your iPhone gets backed up with too much data, your phone's cache can make the device run at slower speeds.

It's a quick and easy process that even those who aren't exactly iPhone-savvy can do themselves. If you feel your iPhone is in dire need of a spring cleaning, then follow these simple steps, starting with the app you probably use the most, Safari.


Clearing cache on Safari

awdNkH8.jpg


In "Settings," find the "Clear History and Website Data" tab to clear the cache on your Safari app.



  1. Before you go deleting data, make sure you know your essential passwords. This process will log you out of the websites you frequent.

  2. In "Settings," find the "Passwords & Accounts" sections and tap "Safari."

  3. Past the toggles, you'll see "Clear History and Website Data." Click that.

  4. Your device will double-check that you want to clear Safari's data, so click through the message that follows.



Clearing cache on third-party apps

aSthnXy.jpg


Check out which apps are taking up the most space on your phone in the "iPhone Storage" section of your "Settings."


  1. As for the third-party apps that you've downloaded — Facebook, Instagram, Google Maps, and the like — you can manage your storage in "Settings." In "Settings," go to "General" and click "iPhone Storage."

  2. In "iPhone Storage," you'll find a list of your apps, with the ones holding the most data at the top.

  3. If you tap any of these apps, you can see exactly how much space its "Documents & Data" is taking up.



    eOiBgtn.jpg


    Enable recommendations within the storage section for an app to clear space from it.

  4. If your device is getting full, it will offer you recommendations for what to clean up on the "iPhone Storage" page. Just tap the "Show All" button next to "Recommendations" to read the each one's description.

  5. If you would like to take any of the recommendations, simply tap "Enable."

  6. If you'd rather clear out space manually, then go into the app and start clearing out unnecessary files, such as old text conversations, playlists, photo albums, emails, and the like.
.
 
.
Group FaceTime bug prevents adding more users to an existing one-on-one call


Apple's patch to close an exploit in Group FaceTime is only partially successful, as some users are reporting the service is preventing them from adding more contacts to a FaceTime call that is already in progress, an issue that Apple seemingly knows about.


Apple's iOS update to 12.1.4 largely consisted of a bug fix for a widely-publicized Group FaceTime exploit. While the update effectively re-enabled the feature, with iPhone and iPad users able to set up Group FaceTime calls once again, not everything appears to have been solved by the patch.

It has been found that, while users can commence both standard two-person FaceTime calls and Group FaceTime calls of three or more people, in some cases it is not possible to switch from a FaceTime call to a Group FaceTime version. In some cases, the option to "Add Person" is not available during a FaceTime call, preventing the addition of more participants to a call.

Affected users are still capable of commencing a Group FaceTime call with multiple other contacts, but shifting from a one-to-one call to one with more than three people taking part is seemingly failing.

Apple Support reportedly sect a confirmation from that it is a known issue, but with no timescale for a fix. Posts from Apple's Twitter-based support also mention the limitation switching between FaceTime and the Group version.

As the issue doesn't directly prevent Group FaceTime from being used and is less severe in nature, unlike the exploit, it is probable that Apple will release an update for iOS resolving the issue, albeit at a less urgent speed. It is plausible a fix could arrive as part of iOS 12.2, which is currently undergoing the beta testing process.
.
 
.
Apple brings iPhone SE back on sale in its online clearance section from $249


Apple has given potential owners of the iPhone SE yet another chance to purchase the discontinued smartphone through its online store's Clearance section.



35j8Hdq.jpg




A repeating occurrence since the start of 2019, Apple has put the iPhone SE up for sale online, discounted in the Clearance section. This time, Apple is offering the iPhone SE in four color options, including Space Gray, Silver, Rose Gold, and Gold.

All versions are priced by capacity, with the 32-gigabyte variants priced at $249, representing a saving of $100 from the normal list price, while the 128-gigabyte versions are discounted $150 off the list price at $299. This is the same price as seen in earlier instances of the sale.

Notably, the models are labeled as having a carrier SIM for T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T, but they all have the label "Unlocked" added to the titles, indicating they will work with other SIM cards fine.

It is unclear how long the iPhone SE will be available to purchase form the online Apple Store, but previous instances saw availability last between hours and two days. The time ultimately depends on how much stock of each model Apple has, data it does not provide in the store.

The iPhone SE is a more compact model than the others currently offered by Apple, equipped with a four-inch display with Touch ID and powered by an A9 processor. Apple discontinued sale of the model in September, alongside the iPhone X, iPhone 6S, and iPhone 6S Plus.

A second-generation iPhone SE has been rumored, but it is unclear if such a model will be launched by Apple anytime soon.
.
 
.
Pro audio glitch with T2-equipped Macs associated with USB 2.0 connections


The dropouts plaguing audio interfaces on Macs with Apple's T2 chip involve an overload of a USB bus running in the slower USB 2.0 speed, according to an Ableton-certified trainer.



NneBR02.jpg




The problem happens whenever the T2 tries to sync time and location, trainer Abid Hussain. Toggling off "set date and time automatically" in System Preferences will reduce incidents, as will disabling location sync in the Time Zone tab, but neither setting will fix the glitch completely.

At present, the beta versions of macOS don't seem to fix the incompatibility. Listed solutions include buying new gear with Thunderbolt or USB 3.0 connectivity, switching to Thunderbolt on an existing piece of audio gear if available, or buying a powered Thunderbolt 3 hub that has its own USB controller that will be unimpacted by T2 polling of the time sync routines.

The T2 chip controls a variety of Mac subsystems such as boot and security functions. While it has benefits like faster disk encryption, it has already been blamed for multiple issues, including kernel panics, Mojave installation errors, and interference with third-party repairs. It can be found in the iMac Pro and 2018 models of the Mac mini, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro.

For musicians and other people working with audio hardware, the interface bug can render the gear unusable, especially during live concerts.


Read Hussain's full explanation below:

Unchecking the time sync only reduces the dropouts. You need to also uncheck the location sync in the Time Zone tab, but even then you're only reducing the dropouts. Any time the T2 chip tries to sync, it will overload the USB2.0 bus, causing dropouts. There is no way any musician should go on stage with a 2018 [Mac] and a USB2.0 audio interface directly connected to it. The only solutions are 1) Get a Thunderbolt or USB3.0 audio interface, or 2) Use a Certified Thunderbolt 3 powered hub (not a bus-powered or cheap non-certified hub) - Cable Matters has a solution for $169 on Amazon, but most of those hubs are at least $200-300. Using a certified TB3 hub creates a separate external USB2.0 bus, in which you can run your USB2.0 audio interface. The cheap hubs do not work because they don't run on the TB3 bus, and therefore they don't create their own separate USB2.0 bus, which means you're going to get dropouts.
.
 
.
This isn't an Apple related post, but rather a privacy issue


Google says the built-in microphone it never told Nest users about was 'never supposed to be a secret'



There's a whole debacle going following a recent revelation that Google's Nest Guard and Nest Cam IQ Indoor devices have had built-in microphones ever since they were released in 2017, but the company neglected to mention to Nest users and customers that the Nest Guard and Nest Cam IQ Indoor devices come with built-in microphones

When it was discovered that some Nest devices that didn't advertise a microphone actually do indeed have microphones, Google said it was an "error" that it didn't mention the existence of a mic in Nest device documentation. It's not clear as of yet whether other Nest devices also have a microphone. This error raises privacy concerns among Nest users.


Google says the microphone in Nest devices is turned off by default, and you have to enable Google Assistant during setup to turn on the mic. You can turn off the microphone in Nest devices after the fact, but that also means you'll turn off the voice functions of Google Assistant.


If you want, here's how to disable the microphone on Nest devices:

1. In the Nest app, go to Settings.
(Nest Guard users should tap the "Nest Guard" option in the Settings menu)

2. Tap Google Assistant.

3. Tap the Google Assistant switch to turn it off.
.
 
.
Apple Plans to Close Stores in Eastern District of Texas in Fight Against Patent Trolls


Apple plans to close both of its retail stores within the Eastern District of Texas in a few months from now in an effort to protect itself from patent trolls.


MWw8DOm.jpg



Apple Willow Bend in Plano, Texas and Apple Stonebriar in Frisco, Texas, both located in the northern suburbs of Dallas, are expected to permanently close in mid April. One source said each store's final day of business will be Friday, April 12. Employees were briefed about the plans earlier this week.

To continue to serve the region, Apple plans to open a new store at the Galleria Dallas shopping mall in Dallas, just south of the Eastern District of Texas border. One source said the store will open Saturday, April 13.


6Lf4Xwc.jpg


A rough visualization of Apple's retail stores in the Eastern District of Texas and its upcoming Galleria Dallas store


The plans are significant, as U.S. law states that patent infringement lawsuits may be filed "where the defendant has committed acts of infringement and has a regular and established place of business." By closing its stores in Eastern Texas, Apple is ending its established place of business in the district.

Residency is also a factor in determining the applicable venue of a patent infringement lawsuit, but in May 2017, the Supreme Court shifted precedent by ruling that a U.S. corporation resides only in its state of incorporation. Apple is incorporated in California, not Texas, satisfying this clause.

The Eastern District of Texas has been a hotbed for patent litigation over the past few decades due to well-established rules for patent infringement cases, experienced judges, lower probability of cases being transferred to another district, and quicker jury verdicts, according to a SMU Dedman School of Law paper.

Patent infringement lawsuits against Apple will likely shift to U.S. district courts in Northern California and Delaware.

Fortunately, we're hearing that the plans, while inconvenient, are not too detrimental for employees. One source said Apple has offered employees opportunities to transfer to other stores, work from home for AppleCare, or severance.

Apple has confirmed the impending store closures in a statement :

We're making a major investment in our stores in Texas, including significant upgrades to NorthPark Center, Southlake and Knox Street. With a new Dallas store coming to the Dallas Galleria this April, we've made the decision to consolidate stores and close Apple Stonebriar and Apple Willow Bend. All employees from those stores will be offered positions at the new Dallas store or other Apple locations.

Apple did not provide a specific reason for the store closures beyond consolidation.
.
 
.
15 good-looking games you can play on your iPhone

Will try to post 3 each day



IeIJCtM.jpg

PlayDead's "Inside" has an impressive visual style that shines on the iPhone and the iPad. Playdead



  • As Apple continues to improve the iPhone, more gamers are turning their smartphone into their primary gaming device.

  • While mobile games are often considered less important than their counterparts on expensive video game consoles, developers have taken notice of the growing audience on the iPhone and are bringing more premium games to the App Store.

  • The iPhone X and the iPhone XS have shown they're capable of running some of the most popular games on consoles as well, like "Grid Autosport" as well as "Fortnite," which lets iPhone players join with friends on an Xbox, a PlayStation, a Nintendo Switch, or a PC.



As Apple continues to pack the iPhone with more powerful chips and graphics performance, gamers are starting to view their smartphones as a preferred device for video games.

Eager developers are working to capitalize on the growing mobile video game market, and the quality of games available on the iPhone is steadily increasing. Whereas mobile games were once considered inferior to their counterparts on expensive video game consoles, today's smartphones are capable of running some of the most popular video game titles, such as "Grid Autosport" and "Fortnite." Technology upgrades have also made it easier for players on mobile to enjoy online play, making space for new types of multiplayer games.

Devices like the iPhone X and the iPhone XS now have the strength to render impressive 3D graphics too, which has helped developers bring popular games to the App Store that were previously limited to consoles and PCs. With a mix of 3D games that have been optimized for iOS and indie titles that employ a unique style designed for smartphones, the iPhone has no shortage of great-looking games.




Here's a collection of the best looking iPhone games you can find in the App Store today:



"Fortnite" (Free)


uLzaVyW.jpg



"Fortnite" is the world's most popular game, and it looks nearly as good on the iPhone as it does on consoles and PCs. In the free battle-royale mode, 100 players fight to survive on a remote island.

Find it the App Store here.



"Grid Autosport" ($9.99)


6SYya8a.jpg



"Grid Autosport" is an impressive racing simulator built for consoles, PCs, and smartphones. Players can choose from 100 cars and 100 courses for each race.

Find it the App Store here.



"Donut County" ($4.99)

"Donut County" is an award-winning puzzle game with a unique art style and humor to match.


DGXLSuq.jpg



Find it the App Store here.
.
 
.
"Oceanhorn" ($7.99)


vhwqa8A.jpg



"Oceanhorn" is an action-adventure game taking clear inspiration from Nintendo's "The Legend of Zelda" series.

Find it the App Store here.



"Super Mario Run" ($9.99)


JXacHdf.jpg



"Super Mario Run" is a touch-focused adaptation of Nintendo's "New Super Mario" games featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Peach, and Yoshi.

Find it the App Store here.



"Florence" ($2.99)


NudY2LJ.jpg



Another award-winning title, "Florence" is a hand-drawn romance game that plays like a storybook. As the player completes small mini-games, the relationship at the center of the game flourishes.

Find it the App Store here.
.
 
.
sorry, was trolled for five continuous days, followed by child pornography, and are higher priorities than posting iOS video games.






"Hidden Folks" ($3.99)


uKth9pu.jpg



Another hand-drawn app, "Hidden Folks" was the App Store's Game of the Year in 2017 and hasn't lost its charm. The interactive searching game should remind players of the classic "Where's Waldo?" books.

Find it the App Store here.



"Crypt of the Necrodancer" ($4.99)


WvApCvO.jpg



In the rhythm-based dungeon crawler "Crypt of the Necrodancer," players must move to the beat as they fight through waves of monsters. The game's art style is inspired by the 16-bit games of the '90s, and the music is a joy.

Find it the App Store here.



"Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp" (Free)


HA1OEoJ.jpg



"Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp" is a scaled-down version of Nintendo's popular slice-of-life games. Players can craft their campsite to suit their taste and interact with dozens of animal friends.

Find it the App Store here.
.
 
Back
Top