Editor wanted. Loving Wives, not BTB, not RAAC

ReadyOne

Ready to Rock!
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Posts
2,097
Editor wanted. Loving Wives, not BTB, not RAAC, no sex

More info below.
 
Last edited:
Blue88 (last heard from in Dec 2010) wrote a piece Loving Wives piece What A Mess A marriage in turmoil - it appears.

I enjoyed it, but it only rated 3.56. Blue put a coda at the end inviting follow-ons and suggesting story hooks. Given that it was probably his lowest ever rating, submitted after a three year hiatus, I can understand why he never submitted again.

In spite of that, I caught a bug and turned out a chapter. His story is a 'comedy of errors', ending with our hero finding out that if he'd watched only a few moments longer, his wife really wasn't cheating... (No BTB, No RAAC, 2 sex scenes.)

My take is that she really was cheating, but the hero's head is so messed up that he suppressed lots of additional evidence to avoid the bad news. The revelation to him that "he didn't watch long enough" was a setup by the cheaters, successfully executed, which temporarily restores his sanity. (No BTB, No RAAC, no sex.)

I've written this up and am looking for a reader who likes it enough to invest the time for complex editing.

Working title is "What a Mess 02 Trying to Clean Up" in 5500 words 150 paragraphs (and still slowly growing).

As a reader, I want your comments; I need your second set of eyes. Spelling and grammar should be pretty clean, but if you see something, please feel free to sing out.

The story is ready for consistency checking (names mixed up, defective time line, wrong word from spelling typo, etc.)

I'd love to find an editor who would work on writing style consistency, better phrasing, adding more humor, keeping things light while showing deep emotion. I also want to keep the spirit from blue88's original piece going in my follow-on.

Also important to me is the story structure, plot/timeline consistency, thinking out repercussions, analyzing character motivations, postulating alternatives, plot improvements, and summarizing future evolutionary chapters. A good discussion would be wonderful.

If the story actually catches your interest, I'd like to discuss further chapters and setting up a formal edit. My normal tool is Word 2010, .rtf format, change tracking, and some Word macros that convert to/from HTML formatting that Laurel prefers.

(Yes, I can deal in .doc and .dox, but .rtf works the same 95% of the time, is malware safe and universally known. If you're fussy about fonts or layout, I'll try to send it in a way that you find easy to read.)

I've never posted a story to Lit, but have a couple up at stories online. In a former life, I occasionally produced technical documentation and educational materials. I have an advanced degree in computer science. I've worked for large companies in the Computer, Aerospace, and Finance industries. I've also operated a small repair business, and did the 100 hour week startup company trip. Now I'm a kept man, retired and doing what I want.

Anyone interested and available?
 
Back
Top