Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 05-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #126
coachdb18
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor_4966 View Post
Well said.
Indeed, well said.

Personally, I don't carry a 1911, nothing wrong with those who do. It's a personal choice.. mine goes to carrying either a Beretta Px4 9mm, or a .357 (7 shot) snubby. Just depends... On any account, just train well, and if you need to use it, be ready to actually pull the trigger. If you can't know for sure you're ready for that decision, you shouldn't carry... that's really all there is to it.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:14 AM   #127
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
Indeed, well said.

Personally, I don't carry a 1911, nothing wrong with those who do. It's a personal choice.. mine goes to carrying either a Beretta Px4 9mm, or a .357 (7 shot) snubby. Just depends... On any account, just train well, and if you need to use it, be ready to actually pull the trigger. If you can't know for sure you're ready for that decision, you shouldn't carry... that's really all there is to it.
A .357 7-shot snubby? Ouch. That must be quite the experience when shooting hot loads. What kind is it?

I used to think the brain was the most important organ. Then I thought, look what’s telling me that.

83% of internet quotes are fabricated. - Socrates

Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #128
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Has anyone heard of Glock rebates happening soon? I know there are rebates from Smith, Remington and Bushmaster.

Just curious.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I used to think the brain was the most important organ. Then I thought, look what’s telling me that.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #129
Saucyminx
Just cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCurve View Post
A .357 7-shot snubby? Ouch. That must be quite the experience when shooting hot loads. What kind is it?
That could not have sounded dirtier if you tried, OT.

Please excuse the wee hijack. I shall show myself out.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. -- Kathleen Casey Theisen

Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps. --Emo Philips

Don't think about it, just swallow. --my friend Eileen

She went around with a broken heart, and she wasn't sure who'd broken it. She thought it was herself, mostly.
― Ann Brashares

My Johari window Snatched shamelessly from Bailadora and Fire Breeze, because why not?

Come on in--the smut is fine

Old 05-19-2017, 10:50 PM   #130
INeedLove
Soft petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by southfl_bicur View Post
One of my Rugers has a very tight spring. When its placed in storage or safe keep the slide open. Do that for a few days then rack the slide. See if its any easier. I do that all the time and my Ruger loosened. It is still tight but much looser then when I bought it. I have arthritis in my hands so its now much easier to rack then before.
Ahh, I didn't think about leaving it with the slide open. Great idea. Thank you very much! I am going to try that for sure.

Flower girls!

Old 05-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #131
TheOldWidow
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedLove View Post
Ahh, I didn't think about leaving it with the slide open. Great idea. Thank you very much! I am going to try that for sure.
Yes, I'm going to try leaving the slide open for the same reason,...arthritis.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #132
southfl_bicur
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldWidow View Post
I too have arthritis.

I rotate the ones that I keep under my pillow with the ones in the safe.

All of the guns that are in the safe I leave the slide open (days / weeks / months) until I take them out

Old 05-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #133
TheOldWidow
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by southfl_bicur View Post
I too have arthritis.

I rotate the ones that I keep under my pillow with the ones in the safe.

All of the guns that are in the safe I leave the slide open (days / weeks / months) until I take them out
As a curious question: how much fuzz and lint do you find accumulates in the slide? From being under your pillow.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #134
southfl_bicur

Quote:
As a curious question: how much fuzz and lint do you find accumulates in the slide? From being under your pillow.
The slide is not open on the gun under my pillow. IF someone breaks in I do not want to think about the slide or anything else about the gun. I just want to survey the situation and if necessary point & shoot.

Slide is only open on the guns I have stored away.

To answer your question none.

Old 05-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #135
LIVINRFANTASIES
Enjoying Life

Location: Any fool can make babies...... It takes love to raise a family
Denny

It must be hell to live where you need a gun under your pillow. I get up and pee several times a nite and rotate my pillow each time. I'd end up shooting someone I love.
Do you also carry a gun to Walmart and DisneyWorld?
Still living our Fantasies Proud playgrounder #397
Find our true short stories...Click Here--> https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

--184 stories done Keep in mind I'm a Pervert, not an Author, and TRUE STORIES are often boring.
Some stories are short and contain two or more little chapters.

Book #1 Living Our Fantasies---------- Book #2 Please Hold My Titties.
Book #3 The Gogenfart Farm------------- Book #4 Ms. Dollie's Random Stories
Book #5 People Watching---------------Book #6 Mr. Joe Whuzzit
Book #7 Ms.Dollie’s Living Fantasies-------Book #8 TENTS, TRAILERS, TITS, CONDOS, AND CUNTS
Book #9 TiTs and TAXIS--------------------Book #10 PUSSY, PECKERS, and PIZZA

Old 05-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #136
southfl_bicur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVINRFANTASIES View Post
It must be hell to live where you need a gun under your pillow. I get up and pee several times a nite and rotate my pillow each time. I'd end up shooting someone I love.
I carry everywhere I am legally allowed to.

No, I am not a gun nut but I want to protect my family. If I had a crystal ball of what places to not go to then life would be that much easier.

FYI: I bought a gun a few days after the manager at a restaurant I go to often was SHOT and killed. I was there 2 days before the shooting. It very easily could have been me or my family.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:38 PM   #137
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucyminx View Post
That could not have sounded dirtier if you tried, OT.

Please excuse the wee hijack. I shall show myself out.
Ah, Saucy, I've missed you.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:43 PM   #138
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I have certainly had to adjust my view due to my arthritis. I find that if I favor a specific model, finding it in a lower caliber can often make the handling more tolerable. IF, that is, we are talking about larger handguns. For pocket pistols, even smaller calibers can be amazingly stout due to the lightweight and small frames.

I would advise anyone looking for a lighter recoiling weapon to try as many as they can, even those that wouldn't ordinarily spring to mind. For example, the Ruger LCP II has very stout recoil for a .380, but for me the way the recoil is delivered is amazingly manageable, if not enjoyable. There will always be compromise, but I am sure answers can be found.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:47 PM   #139
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Originally Posted by LIVINRFANTASIES
"It must be hell to live where you need a gun under your pillow. I get up and pee several times a nite and rotate my pillow each time. I'd end up shooting someone I love.
Do you also carry a gun to Walmart and DisneyWorld?"

Thus speaks someone with little practical experience in handling firearms. I hear that phrase quite a bit, "I'd end up shooting someone I love." To me that speaks of fear of the responsibility required, and if you are uncomfortable, you may relax in that nobody is forcing you to do anything.

Um, have you ever been to Walmart at three in the morning?

Old 05-27-2017, 12:45 AM   #140
Anchor_4966
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVINRFANTASIES View Post

To this I would say that it must be amazing for you to live in this world where nothing bad ever happens and there is no threat to anyone's existence. To the rest of us who don't live in a dream world, we choose to arm ourselves. Most people who do so diligently do so as a matter of culture. It's who we are. I carry my weapon every day, everywhere I go unless explicitly legally prohibited from doing so--then I just reevaluate whether I need to go there all that badly.

Walmart? Yes.
Movie theater? Yes.
Church? Yes
Hiking? Yes.
Dinner with the kids? Yes
Jogging? yes.

You see where this is going?

For the record, I don't keep my gun under my pillow. That's why the top of my nightstand is for.

If you choose to not arm yourself, that's your right. But you are in effect choosing to be a victim and make victims of those with you. If you come to this threat with a genuine curiosity, or interest in learning, myself and others would be more than happy to answer your questions and help you out.

If you just want to make hoplophobic, hand-wringing comments, get the fuck out. Go watch Cocoon or something.

Last edited by Anchor_4966 : 05-27-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:18 AM   #141
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors

Quote:
To the rest of us who don't live in a dream world

If you just want to make hoplophobic, hand-wringing comments, get the fuck out. Go watch Cocoon or something.
You are doing wonders for the tourism industry - for every other country than the freak world you live in, which I strongly suspect is mostly in your own delusions.

As for:
Quote:
But you are in effect choosing to be a victim and make victims of those with you.
well you are looking like a victim of your own paranoia. After puffing up your ego with your boasting and feeble attempt of aggressive posturing toward LIVINRFANTASIES I reckon you would pee yourself if you actually had to use your holstered phallic symbol and then make victims of innocent bystanders. You certainly present yourself as the type.

Quick - give it a squeeze.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #142
Anchor_4966
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
You are doing wonders for the tourism industry - for every other country than the freak world you live in, which I strongly suspect is mostly in your own delusions.

As for:

well you are looking like a victim of your own paranoia. After puffing up your ego with your boasting and feeble attempt of aggressive posturing toward LIVINRFANTASIES I reckon you would pee yourself if you actually had to use your holstered phallic symbol and then make victims of innocent bystanders. You certainly present yourself as the type.

Quick - give it a squeeze.

I've read your previous posts and you're a troll, so fuck off. Go watch Cocoon with him and dog-ear copies of Psychology Today.

Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM   #143
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I've read your previous posts and you're a troll, so fuck off. Go watch Cocoon with him and dog-ear copies of Psychology Today.
Nicely stated.

If you are curious and want to discuss things courteously, you are more than welcome.

As for who would indulge in trollish baiting, you simply make yourself look like several things, none of which speak well of you.