What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, actually it was yesterday...

We went to his grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary party. There were tons of relatives of his that I had never met, so I had to introduce myself. The thing is, I really don't know how to refer to myself in relation to him when other people ask. Sooo...

Auntie A: Hello, I'm Auntie A.
Me: Hello, I'm Seela. (assuming that people have at least heard of me and remember the rather uncommon name that I go by to him and his family)
Auntie A: And you are..? (looking rather quizzical)
Me: I'm...umm...I'm his. (pointing towards J standing besides the next table.)

I really didn't know what to say other than being his. I'm not his wife, I'm not his fiancée, the only place I even occasionally refer to him as my boyfriend is Lit, so calling myself his girlfriend just sounds weird.

Interestingly enough, when his mom introduced me to some other people, she said I'm his son's friend. Well, we have two words for friend, one more casual and one serious, close friend, she used the serious, close friend word but still she referred to me as his friend. We've been together for close to six years now. I guess other people have a hard time wrapping their heads around what we are to each other.

Anyways, it really made me smile afterwards, when I was done feeling like an idiot for not knowing how to introduce myself, that I told people that I'm his. And he rather liked it as well.

*giggles* This is the same way I handled things in Ireland when they came up (though they didn't often)

I remember the first time I went over and seeing a text he sent out to his cousin explaining he would be in her neighborhood because he was "with a friend from the states" I kind of pouted over that one the entire bus ride to the hotel. :eek: But then when I really thought about it, I didn't know what he should have said, so I got over it.
 
Thank you.



Well, I wasn't planning on showing pics until I'm done, so these aren't quite what I'm planning. I've saved this skirt because it's my favorite and it's also the largest I've been. When I'm completely done losing weight, I'm gonna take a picture of me wearing it over a bathing suit, with it pulled out to show how much weight I've lost total. However, I still can't fit in a bathing suit I'd be caught dead in, so this is the best you're gonna get.

Before:

gracie.jpg


After:

grace.jpg


Wow! You go girl! Looking forward to seeing the next round of pics! :D
 
Good. Those are dramatic. Amazing, Gracie.

Thanks. :D I've gone down 6 pants sizes and three bra sizes so my clothes are all but falling off. My mom said she's put some tucks in them, cause I really don't want to buy new clothes while I'm losing weight like this.
 
F calling me at 2am this morning and giving me a talking too for being up painting walls...then telling me how much he is looking forward to our weekend away he is planning for when he comes home.:devil:

Catalina:cattail:
 
Thanks. :D I've gone down 6 pants sizes and three bra sizes so my clothes are all but falling off. My mom said she's put some tucks in them, cause I really don't want to buy new clothes while I'm losing weight like this.

missed the after pic :mad:
 
Thanks. :D I've gone down 6 pants sizes and three bra sizes so my clothes are all but falling off. My mom said she's put some tucks in them, cause I really don't want to buy new clothes while I'm losing weight like this.

Keep going. As kiwi says, one of the best parts will be buying the clothes. Eventually.

So impressed with you. As with Oregon, "she flies with her own wings." And the liftoff is getting easier every day.
 
L surprised me with a decadent gift! A new iPod touch! It does so many things. Wow. I will never use 90% of the functions, I'm sure, but it's so much fun fiddling around with them all.

That was his thank you to me for sticking out the big fence job. :D
 
L surprised me with a decadent gift! A new iPod touch! It does so many things. Wow. I will never use 90% of the functions, I'm sure, but it's so much fun fiddling around with them all.

That was his thank you to me for sticking out the big fence job. :D

LOL, congratulations and hope you have fun with it. F gave me his before he left for the US and bought himself a new one (not that the old one was very old;) ). Haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, but did instal a cool free translating app which translates in text as well as tells you how to say it. Like you said, there are so many things on it, takes time to play with and get to know them all.:D

Catalina:rose:
 
This may not last long on pbucket, but it made me LOL... maybe someone can jack and save it to a non-censoring image site and swap the url in a quote?

l.jpg
 
Okay, I get that people could link these new Adidas shoes to historical slavery and race issues in the U.S., and that that is why Adidas has cancelled their scheduled August release... but my first thought was, "Damn! They should market these to BDSMers!"

shoe_20120619102212_320_240.jpg


Oh. You can find the story here.
 
Edith's back!!! :D

(thought she'd left for good and I was back to being the only britgirl on the board...)
 
Just smiling over getting things caught up. Little bits at a time, but it all adds up and feels rewarding.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top